General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

fao SKY engineers

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 07:07 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default fao SKY engineers

I just had SKY + put in, and there is some visual disturbances all over the tv now, with colours
fading etc then getting normal, lines going all over the place, the man who put it in didn't do the remote so that when you press VOL +/- it turns the tv from av1(where sky is) to normal tv.
The aerial tv piccy is MUCH better than the sky piccie, and doesn't have all the fuzz, ther eis also what looks like other pictures trying to come through, very faintly but annoying.
I looked in the book and will do remote later, but man had the book open at that page so must had done the same and it didn't work ?
Do you think I have a duff set box thing, the dish spirit level metre thing is not totally level, well about half way out the bubble is.
Sky is through the scart leads already there which are fully wired ones, triple screened jobbies.
Any advice very much appreciated, thanks.
tabetha
Old 10-07-2009, 07:54 PM
yes that is my head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok the dish can be any angle its were it points that maters, sounds like he just thow it up,

if you grab your remote and click; services-system set up-signal test
there will be 2 bars, whay should both read around 3/4+ if not thay need to come out and realine the dish, let me no what thay read and can help more

also are the menu screen for the aboth clear of are thay bad 2? if there bad to then its the box, i there clear is a signal prob, can be dish angle, dodgey lmb,bad cableing or conector, let me

Last edited by 666; 10-07-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:58 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Thanks will have a looky later when kids have gone out, thanks
tabetha
Old 12-07-2009, 10:01 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

The interference as I call it goes onto the blue boxes as well, seems worse on some channels than others, signal strength is around 3/4, he took a while putting a new dish up as the old one simply needed removing then new one bolted on, bracket etc already there.
Sky didn't tell me I'm supposed to have a telephone line plugged in all the time, so just used it for setup then unplugged and they put a long enough cable behind tv to plug into tel socket in case I need to do it again.
Thanks for any info.
tabetha
Old 12-07-2009, 11:01 AM
yes that is my head

as it goes in to the menu box's etc its the box, you can try and reset it,

with the box on pull the plug out the wall, leave for 30 secs, then plug back in and turn on,

that will reset the box, it might clear it,if not you will need to get them to bring a new box,

you will have to reset it every now and then no mate what box you hae thow, aas the hard drives are prone to crashing and the softwere for glitching

good luck
Old 12-07-2009, 12:12 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

whenever my normal sky box freezes(probably 8-9 years old at least) or the picture goes weird i do the above, pull the plug for 20seconds and plug it back in, then leave it for 5mins to sort its self out then it normally works spot on then.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:12 PM
cjwood555
Advanced PassionFord User

Another thing worth checking is that sky box and your tv are set to the same video format - both should ideally be in RGB / Component Video mode. If your TV doesn't support RGB/Component for some reason, try S-Video or Composite.

Chris
Old 12-07-2009, 04:26 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Thanks for all the great advice, I even forgot that it has frozen 4 times for around 10 seconds each time, will try that later thanks again.
tabetha