General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Stolen Bike coming home ( up date go to page 2. )

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 09:28 AM
judgey-c
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tell him to get fucked!!!!!
Its your bike and he's either nicked it or paid fuck all for it!!
I couldn't give a shiny shite what he's spent.He's took the numbers off it so it will never be the same bike again.It'll never feel the same and every time you look at it,you'll remember the burgled feeling.
Fuck him right off and get someone to fuck him properly.Twat.
Good luck with the bike tho!!!!
Old 13-08-2009, 10:58 PM
COLEYST200
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 144 Likes on 133 Posts

I had a phone call today of the police to say they had arested a 3rd lad about me bike and as i fort he said he dose not no any fing about it so the police have let him go and they have closed the case on it . they have all so told me that the lad that was trying to sell the bike in the first place is putting in a clame to get his parts back of the bike which im not to happy about as when the bike was stole off me it was in one piece not in a box that im told it might be coming back to me in .

this 1st photo was when i put the new plastics on it

the 2nd photo you can just see its got all it new stickers on it and 1 week after this photo the bike was stole from me

the 3rd photos are wot the bike looks like now well for the time been

this is the photo that started it all off as the part that you see under the kick start i made my self

and if you look at this photo you can see a small rip in the seat cover so now look back at the 1st photo and you will see the rip in the same place thats one of meny things i could punt out to you on the bike which i have to the police.

Old 14-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Jumbo
Regular Contributor

lets hope it comes back in one piece not in a fxxking box mate we will keep them crossed for you
Old 14-08-2009, 08:04 PM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

I would go fucking crazy mate if i got it back in a box it wasnt stolen in a box & if the prick did spend money on it its because he broke it,infact im fukin ragin & its not even my bike i doubt someone would be getting a chap on the head
Old 14-08-2009, 08:25 PM
NC53
Regular Contributor

Coley - it is not the function of the police to decide who owns what. That is the function of the court mate. If the lad who was in possession of the bike does claim various parts belong to him, ask the Police to make an application to the Magistrates Court under the Police (Property) Act 1897 and let the court decide who owns what. Faced with a court application, I bet he either fails to turn up or cannot prove a thing. If the police won't make the application, then do it yourself. It is very straightforward - in fact I can tell you exactly how to do it.

However, if he can prove ownership of parts then yes, the court would be entitled to decide that the police should return those parts to him.

The other thing to note is that once you know what (if any) parts he is claiming, you can ask the police to let you see details of his claim and then inspect the bike in secure storage so that you/your own expert can decide if there is any merit in what he is claiming.

PS - there is also another method of resolving conflicting claims to ownership of goods seized by the police which they might mention to you. It's called interpleader proceedings in the county court. Again, it is up to the police to commence those proceedings rather than police property proceedings if they think the county court is a more appropriate venue for deciding the dispute. Interpleaders are for more complex claims such as hp frauds/voidable contracts etc so not really necessary in your case.

Neil
Old 14-08-2009, 08:37 PM
COLEYST200
PassionFord Post Whore!!

( quote )
( Coley - it is not the function of the police to decide who owns what. That is the function of the court mate. If the lad who was in possession of the bike does claim various parts belong to him, ask the Police to make an application to the Magistrates Court under the Police (Property) Act 1897 and let the court decide who owns what. Faced with a court application, I bet he either fails to turn up or cannot prove a thing. If the police won't make the application, then do it yourself. It is very straightforward - in fact I can tell you exactly how to do it.)

if i did try to get the police to do this would it cost me any ŁŁŁŁŁŁŁ

Last edited by COLEYST200; 14-08-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 14-08-2009, 08:49 PM
NC53
Regular Contributor

No, it shouldn't. If the police make the application then it won't cost you a thing. If you make the application yourself then it will cost you the court fee. Can't remember what the fee is off the top of my head but probably around Ł70 - Ł80.

Obviously, it will cost you your time in attending and presenting your case to the court. You could pay a lawyer to do this for you but frankly, there is no need;I think you could do the job yourself perfectly well.
Old 14-08-2009, 09:05 PM
COLEYST200
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the only thing is my bike was traded in as a part x aganst a new bike the police have had that lad in to . well the lad that had the bike had my bike off his mate how has a bike shop so for them to sort out recets for part will not be hard . and yes i do no the bike shop and the owner so the shit is still going to hit the fan when i get it back
Old 14-08-2009, 09:16 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice bike, hope it comes back as a runner, i'd be raging !!!
Old 14-08-2009, 09:23 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by NC53
Coley - it is not the function of the police to decide who owns what. That is the function of the court mate. If the lad who was in possession of the bike does claim various parts belong to him, ask the Police to make an application to the Magistrates Court under the Police (Property) Act 1897 and let the court decide who owns what. Faced with a court application, I bet he either fails to turn up or cannot prove a thing. If the police won't make the application, then do it yourself. It is very straightforward - in fact I can tell you exactly how to do it.

However, if he can prove ownership of parts then yes, the court would be entitled to decide that the police should return those parts to him.

The other thing to note is that once you know what (if any) parts he is claiming, you can ask the police to let you see details of his claim and then inspect the bike in secure storage so that you/your own expert can decide if there is any merit in what he is claiming.

PS - there is also another method of resolving conflicting claims to ownership of goods seized by the police which they might mention to you. It's called interpleader proceedings in the county court. Again, it is up to the police to commence those proceedings rather than police property proceedings if they think the county court is a more appropriate venue for deciding the dispute. Interpleaders are for more complex claims such as hp frauds/voidable contracts etc so not really necessary in your case.

Neil
not being funny mate he should of checked the bikes history before buying he brought it without checking so his problem if he spends money on it, it's not coleys fault for having his bike nicked so why should he be worried he'll be left with half a bike, it's completely wrong imo, this is why there is so much hatred for the police and court system, cos poor people like this bloke who i'v met personally and is a very nice down to earth bloke gets it in the bollocks cos some toe wrag steals his bike cos can't afford his own.

they play the system and the system sits down and begs for them, then the poor people that earn a living get there collars felt for it, i hope you can see my point of view cos it's very clear, this shouldn't be the case one bike stolen they no the source it came from it should be returned to owner in one piece and all offence's brought upon the offender.

just like the fact if a burgular gets hurt on your property whilst trying to rob your house he can sue you for it i mean honestly wtf, this country has gone to pot cos of things like this.

Last edited by burnzy; 14-08-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 14-08-2009, 09:42 PM
COLEYST200
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You are so right there mate i go to work and work very hard at my job to get wot iv got and this is the justes we get for it . my wife has gone mad at wot the police have said .
i all so have the lads phone number but im not going to ring it till its all over becuse at this moment in time i would end up doing time .........its my bike it went as a bike it should come back as a bike in my eyes. but not so in the lows eyes
Old 14-08-2009, 09:49 PM
yes that is my head

so hes been done for theft of the bike, if he has the parts given to him, press charges for theft of the origanal parts, as thay are still outstanding
Old 14-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Fast Guy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 666
press charges for theft of the origanal parts, as thay are still outstanding

The's more or less what I was going to say. If this lad wants his parts back, can't coley claim against him for his origional parts that are now missing?
Old 14-08-2009, 09:58 PM
COLEYST200
PassionFord Post Whore!!

no he has not . in all 3 lads have been arested over my bike . the one that had the bike said he had the bike as a part x .when asked by the police why has the bike got no frame numbers or motor numbers he just said it had no when i had it . so he told the police the 2nd lads name that had the bike for 2 years and they had him in which he said yes i had the bike for 2 years but i got it of lad number 3 so they got him in and gess wot he said .... i dont no wot you are going on about ... so the police have let him go and told me that they have closed the case on the bike..........WOT A FUCKING JOKE
Old 14-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Top bike i have always wanted a crosser.
Old 14-08-2009, 10:08 PM
yes that is my head

get a few lads to pay them all a visit and let them sort it, wial there doing that go and report your car keyd/wallet missing etc at the police station, not better aliby than with the police,
should sort the problem
Old 14-08-2009, 10:14 PM
COLEYST200
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Glenny Boy
Top bike i have always wanted a crosser.

I no thats why i wont it back

the bike is a honda cr 500 hybrid with about 55 BHP it will lift the front wheel in all the gears trust me its a hand full
Old 14-08-2009, 10:18 PM
nuttynil
RS nutta

Im very sad to say but that is the state of the legal policing system in this country ,i hope you get that bike back coley then let it lay for a few months the get the 3 of them together do your own punishment good luck mate.
Old 14-08-2009, 10:22 PM
COLEYST200
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by 666
get a few lads to pay them all a visit and let them sort it, wial there doing that go and report your car keyd/wallet missing etc at the police station, not better aliby than with the police,
should sort the problem
At the end of the day i will have my day as the bike shop that had it in as a part x is very big in the motocross seen so the shit im going start for them will do there heads in and i might be gonig to a news papper call trials and motocross and put it all in there about wots gone on
Old 14-08-2009, 10:27 PM
e30cossie
E36 cosworth

Thats good your bikes have turned up.

This is a different story but this is what happened in this case.

A friend got his mk2 golf stolen. Then the car turned up on ebay. New alloys ,seats,lights and sound system.

He had to view it at the police station. He did not talk to much about how it was different and said the sub and amp were not his , so the police removed the parts and gave it back.
Someone lost out and he got his car done up for free.

Just say thats my bike because this this and this and the other guy will not get a say in it.
Old 14-08-2009, 10:27 PM
COLEYST200
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by nuttynil
Im very sad to say but that is the state of the legal policing system in this country ,i hope you get that bike back coley then let it lay for a few months the get the 3 of them together do your own punishment good luck mate.
Iv got 2 name so fare . when i was chatting to the police about it i said that a name had been put my way and they said yes hes the 2nd lad we had in . well that lad had the bike for 2 years give and take

so 2 down 1 to go
Old 15-08-2009, 09:32 AM
stuarth
PassionFord Regular

i got a kx 250 stole from my garage few years bk, 2 years later got call from inverness police saying they had recoverd my bike that day ! went up next morning had to pay Ł100 recovery and i had my bike back no fucking about.

Kept it for a bit then sold it on, 6mnth later got call from police saying they had recoverd my kx 250 lmao. didnt have the heart to take it back of the poor guy..
Old 15-08-2009, 10:08 AM
fiestamad
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

its good that u heard the police have got it hope u get it back its a nice bike u should wait till they go out of bail and ride by them jump of ur bike and fill them in and head butt them with ur helmet on they will be in pain then lol
Old 15-08-2009, 10:25 AM
andy escos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hope you get your bike back in one piece mate & seek justice the old fashion way later on
Old 15-08-2009, 10:57 AM
COLEYST200
PassionFord Post Whore!!

thanks lads im going to ring the police today and see wots going on with it