General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

crash at lakeside see it

Search this Thread

Old 30-05-2009, 10:48 AM
andy escos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cossiebags
you girls blouse

youturnip
Old 30-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Weston wheels was an attempt at a 'legal cruise' but everyone thought it was a show and slagged it off. The police really tried to make it work (even down to meeting with me and Chip!) but there will never ever be a legalized cruise, or a coned off 'play pen'.

The dickheads have ruined these type of events since the dawn of time and unless they become self policing this kind of shit will keep happening. The main problem is that a lot of people go to cruises to see the dickheads in action!
Crikey that brings back memories, must have been about 8 years ago.

Its quite frustration how hard at that point the police were trying to genuinely help some of the organisers of big cruises and how every time they did it go thrown back in their face by people going too far.

I agree, its NEVER going to end up legalised, too many people have been hurt or killed as a result of the chav idiots and its just a total health and safety nightmare legally.
Old 30-05-2009, 10:50 AM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
this is exactly why the police clamp down on "cruisers". And it gives the rest of us car enthusiasts a bad name!!
Agreed, I have nothing against people having a play, but people just don't seem to have any common sence.

Lets try and drive as fast as we can in the dark down a road with cars comming in opposite directions and people all over the shop rather than, lets find somewhere with lots of space where there is no one and nothing for us to hit and then show off.

To many prats with no skill.
Old 30-05-2009, 06:12 PM
ST_BEAN
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by MadMac
Agreed, I have nothing against people having a play, but people just don't seem to have any common sence.

Lets try and drive as fast as we can in the dark down a road with cars comming in opposite directions and people all over the shop rather than, lets find somewhere with lots of space where there is no one and nothing for us to hit and then show off.

agreed there mate
Old 30-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
The trouble with a legalized cruise is that the whole excitement of it is gone, so it becomes pointless. It is a problem that has been around for years, how do you capture the excitement and buzz of a mental meet, but keep it legal and safe?
so what your saying is, breaking the law and becoming dangerously close to being killed is "the excitement"??

Originally Posted by MadMac
exactly no common sense. Im not saying the rest of us are angels sure ive got away with small 4wd drifts off roundabouts etc but you minimise the risk, ie not in traffic, quiet areas, nobody around, not too fast, big spaces etc.
Old 31-05-2009, 02:09 AM
ST_BEAN
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

so what your saying is, breaking the law and becoming dangerously close to being killed is "the excitement"??

exactly no common sense. Im not saying the rest of us are angels sure ive got away with small 4wd drifts off roundabouts etc but you minimise the risk, ie not in traffic, quiet areas, nobody around, not too fast, big spaces etc.

thats very tru mate. sadly a lot of people dont seem to get that tho
Old 31-05-2009, 09:09 AM
chameleon
PassionFord Regular

chelsea cruise used to be the best in the day......used to turn all the lights on in the park,used to be great must have been thousands of cars ...........and the police were okay,never got nicked just told if i was going to drive like that put my seat belt on........
Old 31-05-2009, 11:44 AM
trevorcossie
saffy cossie yes

Originally Posted by XRT_si
I saw the crash, happened right in front of me. Saw the couple of nice Cossies that night too, though if you mean the imperial blue Escos with the white comps and what sounded like an external wastegate was RWD then I saw no signs of it! Was quick though.

Crash was a Celica GT4 that lost it on a oil slick supposedly left by a Cossie (lol).

Guy lost control and was snaking down the road badly till he lost it, must have been doing 50+mph?

Hit a VW Polo (no passengers) and pushed it up a 2ft curb and buckled both wheels (BBS Split rims ) under it. Celica fooked as was Polo.

To be fair there was a MASSIVE slick of oil down the strip...but then apparentely there was a guy telling people to slow down because there was a massive oil slick.
actually it was a volkswagon that left the oil as the cap bounced in front of us with the vw badge on it , cossiebags got a video of it and the rwd esco comin sideways out of a turning we was right were the oil was and a gsxr nearly lost a 315bhp starlet a 420bhp 3dr ...there was people trying to slow people down but it didnt help
Old 31-05-2009, 11:55 AM
SiZT
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
how do you capture the excitement and buzz of a mental meet, but keep it legal and safe?
Max Power Destruction Derby?

Yes, thats exactly it. Tbh, I think its probably better down at this lakeside place because, the same as Hams Hall, theres no innocence, everyones there for the same thing. Where its started up locally to me is fucking stupid though, a main dual carriage way through a town, with some of the cars doing 140+ past old granny's in there moggy's

Last edited by SiZT; 31-05-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 31-05-2009, 03:56 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes Warren, that is exactly what I am saying!! It is like motorsport, most people only watch it for the crashes ..

But in all seriousness, I agree it is a bad idea having grown up, I'm 28 now and stay well away from anything to do with the cruise/street racing scene, as i'm sure you realize as you grow up you change! The point I was making is the general feeling of organized/ legal cruises is that it just ends up with lots of cars parked up sat around, and the attraction of the illegal street racing is the action, which you will never get on a legal event. Hence why they never took off!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:07 AM
ZSmick
xrv zetec-s xr2i

Originally Posted by andy escos
youturnip
is ur sig a real car cos it looks like a toy to me
Old 01-06-2009, 09:33 AM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cossiebags
im hoping so there was about 3 3drs up there last night one with 420bhp and he could drift .a rwd esco and theres normally a good show of saffys get up there later
I thought you and McKev McSharpie had become pals and he'd gone round for his tea and a cruise at Lakeside when you mentioned the RWD EsCos.... til I read this:

Originally Posted by Kevin Sharp
dunno about a "turn out" but if cossiebags is going you will definiteley see a TURNIP

Cheers,
Grant