General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Had my wisdom teeth out yest - ouch -NEW UPDATE :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahaha. Clumsy bugger.

Pics of your pinkeye please...and I have no idea what anything sparaying in your eye feels like

At least this has taken my mind of the jaw ache...Its horrible...cant even get any joy out of my favourite thing in the world...talking
Old 08-04-2009, 05:00 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

PMSL @ Talking

Glad its brightened up your day, pics are not available of this I'm afraid, its all very secret squirrel x
Old 09-04-2009, 07:41 AM
3FRD
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Peer thing!! haha

Are you off work? 3 door today?
Old 09-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I had mine out under local..........all of them !
Old 09-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

i have never had any problems with my wisdom teeth and have a full set even at my ripe old age
perhaps thats why I am so clever then
Old 09-04-2009, 08:05 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Punkie
Pics of your pinkeye please
do you want some of his browneye too
Old 09-04-2009, 09:35 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This morning i'm FUCKING SORE

Originally Posted by MorganRS
Peer thing!! haha

Are you off work? 3 door today?
Of course i'm fucking off as i'm sore as fuck. Wait till you see my sweet cheeks

Originally Posted by Mr S1
I had mine out under local..........all of them !
Another double hard bastard!
Old 09-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Hope you feel better soon, i found day 3 was my worst day post op - but that was down to the dry socket. Did you get much sleep?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by Dicko&Sarah
Hope you feel better soon, i found day 3 was my worst day post op - but that was down to the dry socket. Did you get much sleep?

first night i did but last night was a bit on and off
Old 09-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
do you want some of his browneye too
No...but the thought I actually wanted pictures of his injury to his face.

Silly boy.

Whats a girl got to do to see some pinkeye
Old 09-04-2009, 03:33 PM
JamboRS
focus rs 1672

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i had to get an impacted one out last month under general then on monday got the other bottom one out with a local,the first one left me like shrek for a week,this ones not so bad
Old 09-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Punkie
Whats a girl got to do to see some pinkeye
Old 09-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Lee_R21Turbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

heres mine.....

how i usually look

how i looked after having em out..

You look like a squirrel hoarding its nuts!!!! LMAO!!!
Old 13-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Well i'm not long back from the hospital

After a very painful 3-4 days post op the swelling disappeared and yellow bruising came instead

I got brave on sat night and ate some curry b ut no rice etc. I chopped up the chicken to fucking small bits. Into sun i was braver and had a micro burger which i was hoping would be soft to eat and it was. I kinda managed to use my teeth properly but slowly.
Towards last night i felt sore, then woke at 04 00 this mornign and HAD to take painkillers.
Today was ok until tea time and it was sore Called hosp for advice and they said come up. Basically i have an infection at one lower tooth socket. The stitches had parted leaving the socket open causing infection and inflammation. They used a syringe to try and rinse the socket and tbh they were just making it more painful. They cut out the stitches too which was
They couldnt get one piece of food out of the socket and eventually had to give me a local as i was not impressed
To end they pack it with THE most god awful shit tasting stuff ever that smells bad and looks like chewing tobacco Its all i can taste.

I have to return on thu.

Now i'm fucking shit scared to eat anything ever again

So if you get your wisdom teeth out tdont get fuckign clever and eat too quickly
Old 13-04-2009, 10:56 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ouch, I had no luck with mine after I had them out.

Kebab a la blender tomorrow night for you
Old 13-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aright chop - glad to hear u are fine, basically moaning about everything as usual. So I am not that concerned for your health.

Get a little bit better soon

RW
Old 13-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by Steven_RW
Aright chop - glad to hear u are fine, basically moaning about everything as usual. So I am not that concerned for your health.

Get a little bit better soon

RW

GFY!

Jonny
Some of the stuff i've considered blending up is ridiculous and tbh would be plain rank. I'm fucking gagging to eat take away etc
Old 13-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

Yep - as predicted, you sound fine mate!

My upper wisdom teeth just crumbled over a couple of years, at times they were like jagged knifes in my mouth, eventually with a little local they yanked the upper two out and left two massive gaping pits. That was just before I went to Auz and Debi said she wasn't taking me if I didn't go to the dentist for the first time in around 8 years or so. 7 fillings three extractions lol.

Good luck with the mend

RW
Old 13-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cant wait for popeye to post up hes wisdom tooth nightmare.... where the dentist snapped the tooth and as it was 5pm they said he had to pop into a dental hospital to get the rest removed as they was about to close or someting like that

i aint got a clue if i got wisdom teeth or not as ive had that many taken out the back of my mouth over the years due to fucking abcess infection being ignored
Old 14-04-2009, 06:31 AM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Lol just seen this post, I thought to myself on the way to work today, it's been a week since the op, maybe i'll send chop a text to see how he's doing..... Pretty shit luck mate, i didn't have any problems like that thank fook, just a bit of a David Coulthard jaw for a week or so.
Old 14-04-2009, 06:53 AM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Lambchop
Well i'm not long back from the hospital

After a very painful 3-4 days post op the swelling disappeared and yellow bruising came instead

I got brave on sat night and ate some curry b ut no rice etc. I chopped up the chicken to fucking small bits. Into sun i was braver and had a micro burger which i was hoping would be soft to eat and it was. I kinda managed to use my teeth properly but slowly.
Towards last night i felt sore, then woke at 04 00 this mornign and HAD to take painkillers.
Today was ok until tea time and it was sore Called hosp for advice and they said come up. Basically i have an infection at one lower tooth socket. The stitches had parted leaving the socket open causing infection and inflammation. They used a syringe to try and rinse the socket and tbh they were just making it more painful. They cut out the stitches too which was
They couldnt get one piece of food out of the socket and eventually had to give me a local as i was not impressed
To end they pack it with THE most god awful shit tasting stuff ever that smells bad and looks like chewing tobacco Its all i can taste.

I have to return on thu.

Now i'm fucking shit scared to eat anything ever again

So if you get your wisdom teeth out tdont get fuckign clever and eat too quickly

thats the stuff they put in mine, it gives you rank breath and its got clover oil on it, but it works a treat. You sound like youve had the same treatment as me, i found that once they had removed the stitches that i got food stuck in it all the time so had to keep tweezers in my back to get food out ASAP so it didnt get infected.

That packing stuff takes a few weeks to come out, mine was still in there after a month, i ended up picking it out with tweezers

Sorry to hear your having a rough time of it, at least i know i wasnt the only one

Sarah
Old 14-04-2009, 06:53 AM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Lee_R21Turbo
You look like a squirrel hoarding its nuts!!!! LMAO!!!

why thankyou
Old 14-04-2009, 07:29 AM
sbd16v
PassionFord Post Troll

when i have my braces tighened i cannot bite anything for a few days, ive had them on for nearly a year now so get used to it and forget the other day i had them done went down to the car and i put my keys in my mouth and i just dropped them i cannot even apply enough pressure to hold a set of keys !!

anyways soup is your friend !! i live on the stuff for a few days after
Old 14-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by Ginge !
cant wait for popeye to post up hes wisdom tooth nightmare.... where the dentist snapped the tooth and as it was 5pm they said he had to pop into a dental hospital to get the rest removed as they was about to close or someting like that
wtf that sounds awful

thats the stuff they put in mine, it gives you rank breath and its got clover oil on it,
I knew it reminded me of boiled sweets called Clove Rock that i'd had. Clover oil explains the taste!!! But fucking strong. Gads. I have to go back thu and i thought they'd remove the stuff then but i dont want a fucking hole in my mouth to collect crap in!

Originally Posted by sbd16v
when i have my braces tighened i cannot bite anything for a few days, ive had them on for nearly a year now so get used to it and forget the other day i had them done went down to the car and i put my keys in my mouth and i just dropped them i cannot even apply enough pressure to hold a set of keys !!

anyways soup is your friend !! i live on the stuff for a few days after

Sounds painful too mate. Agree about soup though it's my best friend too. I have a tin of Heinz tomato ready and waiting
Old 14-04-2009, 11:30 AM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

Sorry to hear you've had it a tad bad...... I must have been one of the lucky ones!
Old 14-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

it does dissolve on its own, wonder why theyre removing it, i noticed that i felt pain again for a while when most of mine came out, it was in for about 2 weeks though not just a few days

Id ask them to leave it in, as like you, i found that once it was out i was forever getting food stuck in the hole which was quite painful and meant digging about in my mouth to get it out, which isnt nice!
Old 14-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Sarah
They maybe just want to check it but even though it tastes shit i'd prefer the hole was filled. How long does it take for mouth to heal and close that hole though? It's massive
Old 14-04-2009, 12:02 PM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

Originally Posted by Ginge !

i aint got a clue if i got wisdom teeth or not as ive had that many taken out the back of my mouth over the years due to fucking abcess infection being ignored
Tis running looking back at it now Al, but it wasn't at the time when they kicked me out of the dentist because it was closing time and told me to go to the hospital to sort it out, BUT enroute i had to stop off at the chemist first to get some painkillers as they told me it wasn't going to feel nice once the injection wore off. Chemist felt sorry for me with my swollen kisser and blood all down the front of me
Didn't land up getting anything down that night in the end as they still reckoned they could get it out without knocking me out, FUCK DAT they booked me in a few days later to get knocked out to have it taken out
Old 14-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Sarah
They maybe just want to check it but even though it tastes shit i'd prefer the hole was filled. How long does it take for mouth to heal and close that hole though? It's massive
I had mine out 11th November, the hole had nearly closed up by beginning of Jan, i think by end of Jan this year it had totally healed, takes quite a while
Old 14-04-2009, 12:05 PM
POPEYE
FAIRY CAKE

Sarah
Shouldn't last to long Steve, you just get used to it after a little while, when mine was down, once i came round from the op i wanted to go staight home, but they said i couldn't until i had eaten something, so i just necked a sandwich down and then got dressed and went.
Old 14-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

i think one of reasons i got that dry socket is because within half hour of waking up i was vomiting from anaesthetic, which made stitches absolutely kill and my mouth was pouring with blood.

Probably slowed healing process down
Old 15-04-2009, 03:15 PM
sbd16v
PassionFord Post Troll

Sounds painful too mate. Agree about soup though it's my best friend too. I have a tin of Heinz tomato ready and waiting

yeh althou my dentist did tell me this is not the painfull part of my work, aparently its more painfull when they take my 2 baby teeth out, and drill the bone in my mouth to screw 3 pins into for them to attach 3 adult teeth to, aparently that smarts

Last edited by sbd16v; 15-04-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 15-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by sbd16v
yeh althou my dentist did tell me this is not the painfull part of my work, aparently its more painfull when they take my 2 baby teeth out, and drill the bone in my mouth to screw 3 pins into for them to attach 3 adult teeth to, aparently that smarts

erm...

baby teeth though?!
Old 15-04-2009, 03:36 PM
sbd16v
PassionFord Post Troll

erm...

baby teeth though?!

yeh geek info

when your born you are born with all your baby and adult teeth ready to come though, however i never had 3 of my adult teeth so when all my other baby teeth were being pushed out 3 of mine had nothing to push them out so they stayed, i knocked one out when i was about 12 so ive been missing one ever since but the others have just lived in there but they have warn down so much now they do nothing, my dentist told me i could either leave them to fall out

or they will give me braces to close the gaps caused by not having proper size teeth, remove the baby teeth, put pins in my mouth to hold new teeth then fit false teeth onto them pins.

when he told me it would be 2k a tooth + the cost of the braces in the real world but this will cost me nothing i found it hard to say no LOL

the end will justify the means but for the past year i have had loose teeth and can feel them moving all the time