General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

OMG the council have given me a reward for paying my council tax !!!

Search this Thread

Old 19-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OMG the council have given me a reward for paying my council tax !!!

cause i paied my council tax 1 month early each month by bank debit they have written to tell me they have given me a reward as a gesture of thanks,,,,, 20 pounds is the reward or paying my bill on time,,,,,,,,, thats all we and good but this is the BEST part

THEY HAVE ADDED THAT I CAN ALSO USE IT AS A DONATION TO THE COUNCILS CLIMATE CHANGE FUND,,,, and if i dont contact them by the end of april they will automatically donate it on my behalf

HONESTLY,,,,,,,,,, GIVE ME A REWARD THEN MENTION ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE DONATIONS PROGRAM

the same council are lowering the speed limit to 20mph with MORE speed bumps as ANOTHER version of reducing the carbon foot print,,,, oh and raised my garage rent to double and also raised the resident permit 3 times as much as part of there "way to attck climate change"

i think ill be collecting that 20 quid in person the cheeky fuckers,,, and also start my bank payments at the END of the month and not the start so i dont pay in advance anymore as it was PURELY accidental !!!

strange thing is last year they said that if i paied my council tax in IN FULL in advance i would get a 20 quid discount,,, glad i never done that as i got the discount anyway pmsl ( i mean who pays council taxa year in advance ffs
Old 19-03-2009, 07:38 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm getting £25 from the DWP, as consolation as they cocked up and left me with £28 bank charges, even though they have paid these already, ok took about 9 months.
Not right the taxpayer having to pay for a DWP cock up, becuase they want me to accept a consolatary £25.
I am not going to accept it, have written to them just asking no further mistakes would be more than enough.
I am trying desperately to get a 20mph limit on my estate with no luck as it has to be "self enforcing", even raised it with local and county councils, going to a meeting about it on 7th april.
tabetha
Old 19-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont want a 20mph blanket limit on the ENTIRE BOROUGH !!!,,,, i aint talking about on back roads as they are ALREADY 20mph,,, its the main roads that they are now gonna turn to 20mph,, in the name of "climate change"