General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

I know its not a ford but help needed!

Search this Thread

Old 24-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Adam.
Needs Beer Tokens.....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know its not a ford but help needed!

tried mr2 forum but no help so..........

my mr2 has just started unlocking and locking itself really fast (as in lock unlock lock unlock etc owned it about 2 weeks now and never had this problem before, it had a clifford before which isnt active at the moment (thought it could have summin to do with the anti hijack they have but i dont have the fob! so dont think its that! any help grateful as its driving me nuts! cheers adam
Old 24-08-2008, 08:47 AM
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

hummm sounds atupid but are all the doors shut?? boot as well
Old 24-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Adam.
Needs Beer Tokens.....

yeh all doors shut etc, doing my head in cant enjoy a drive without it doing my head in
Old 24-08-2008, 08:54 AM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It sounds as though it has a sticky linkage, that is not moving fully, this will be on the door lock module on these where it gets it lock unlock signal from to work the other side.
It's quite common on a lot of cars for these to stick, when they don't reach full travel they rest in the mid position between lock unlock so you get one trying to unlock while the other tries to lock.
Usually just a good clean off in the lcok mechanism has it all working ok again, but DON'T grease the lock with ordinary grease as it attracts dirt etc, just use white parrafin grease, or silicone grease.
tabetha
Old 24-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Adam.
Needs Beer Tokens.....

Originally Posted by tabetha
It sounds as though it has a sticky linkage, that is not moving fully, this will be on the door lock module on these where it gets it lock unlock signal from to work the other side.
It's quite common on a lot of cars for these to stick, when they don't reach full travel they rest in the mid position between lock unlock so you get one trying to unlock while the other tries to lock.
Usually just a good clean off in the lcok mechanism has it all working ok again, but DON'T grease the lock with ordinary grease as it attracts dirt etc, just use white parrafin grease, or silicone grease.
tabetha
thanks mate! do i have to take the module out? or is it relatively straight forward?>
Old 24-08-2008, 09:02 AM
JTECH James
Passion for Fords!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

broken wirie on a door loom?