General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

rsoc anoraks

Search this Thread

Old 13-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Matt Evans
Black Country RSOC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Ridge
Matt
My backup car is my daily driver Mondeo , thats now done two afternoons track service.
At least your back up cars a ford! My support car / track day spares wagon is a skoda diesel! Imagine the complaints about that???

LOL
Old 13-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Ridgey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 120 Posts

Old 13-08-2008, 02:53 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by RS2000CUSTOM
The Rover 800 was part Japanese ????????

Built by Rover in conjuction with Honda

Honda used the 800 as a base for the Honda Legend

The Honda Legend is a Mid-size luxury car made by the Japanese automaker Honda. It was originally developed as part of Project XX, a joint venture with the Austin Rover Group of Great Britain and was a twin of the Rover 800 series.
i understand what you are saying
but the complications have arisen in the way that everything has been explained
so:
if you are a member of your local group, you can come and show your car
if you are member of the national group you can show your car
you do not have to have paid for both
you need to be either or to be able to display your car
visiting groups can show whatever they like as long as it does not display any form of rs branded ford
the rsoc has paid for the day out with money from it's own members pockets and is allowing other groups to display as a courtesy

is that the jist of it?

if so, can we finanly put and end to this and each leave with our own thoughts on the matter?

Old 13-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Matt Evans
Black Country RSOC

Dojj,

Its as follows.

Local groups have to submit forms to the main RSOC detailing members names and membership numbers along with reg numbers and details of the cars on display.

Most local groups are non contributory (i know mine is), so the only payment involved is the individual membership contributions to the main rsoc.

So.

Local group stands have fully paid up members in rs cars

Visiting club stands can have what they like on their stands, rs included

Local groups will be situated at the melbourne loop, other visiting clubs will be elsewhere?

Thats about it really.
Old 13-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Ridgey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 120 Posts

Come on Dojj.

Members of the National Club, FORGET whether or not people are local group memebers or not that is an irrelavence.

Your right about the visitors
Old 13-08-2008, 04:16 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by Matt Evans
Dojj,

Its as follows.

Local groups have to submit forms to the main RSOC detailing members names and membership numbers along with reg numbers and details of the cars on display.

Most local groups are non contributory (i know mine is), so the only payment involved is the individual membership contributions to the main rsoc.

So.

Local group stands have fully paid up members in rs cars

Visiting club stands can have what they like on their stands, rs included

Local groups will be situated at the melbourne loop, other visiting clubs will be elsewhere?

Thats about it really.
point 1, that seems to conflict with the advice given to others though about rs cars only being allowed on the rs stands, which is what has kicked this whole thing off in the first place

point 2, if the local groups don't pay a portion of the monies from the memebrs to the national group, their members would need to be members of the national group as well?

sorry for all the questions, but it seems that i'm speaking to someone who can actually tell me whats going on and no one else is interupting
Old 14-08-2008, 11:29 AM
frosticles
R.I.P YUE 477S

Originally Posted by Cliff S1
Good to see you are still alive Nath. Hope all is ok?

I have a spanner to throw in the works.

Being as it's so strict as to whether you can display your rs car etc as it is the National Day etc. Blah Blah.

How is it that at the RS Owners Club National Day that we have so many non Ford RS cars or should I say completely non Fords on track.

Surely that is important too?

I am a fully paid RS Owners Club member and have been for the past 7 years.
If you are a fully paid up member of the RSOC then you can take whatever car you like on track as it is the individual which is the member not the car...........End of.
Originally Posted by pa_sjo
Because, as far as I know, Santa Pod consider it a RWYB day - they're obviously not as elitist as the RSOC
I want whatever it is that you're on please Brains usually help in replying to threads like this.........
Originally Posted by dojj
point 1, that seems to conflict with the advice given to others though about rs cars only being allowed on the rs stands, which is what has kicked this whole thing off in the first place

point 2, if the local groups don't pay a portion of the monies from the memebrs to the national group, their members would need to be members of the national group as well?

sorry for all the questions, but it seems that i'm speaking to someone who can actually tell me whats going on and no one else is interupting
Point 2. ONLY the national club demands a membership fee from the member. Not all local groups charge subscriptions but some do. All down to The local groups whether they want to charge or not. Personally I don't agree with a local group charging as that means you are paying twice to be a member of the same club.......
Old 14-08-2008, 12:50 PM
gaz s1
Advanced PassionFord User

Fucking hell it aint too hard to grapse if you want to park on a local group stand you have to be a national group member and be in a rs.

Simple.
Old 14-08-2008, 02:28 PM
dojj

essentialy, the main national group should be getting money from it's regional groups

but ebcause they don't always charge memebrs, and because they don't always send money across the the national group, this has left them a bit skint and asking for natinoal membershp before you can show your rs

if that is the case then i can understand perfectly the needs for the prices etc and all the comotion from those who haven't had this explained to them

if this is not the case then argue away, but i think there needs to be either a higher charge for the local group membership so that you can be a member of both the local and the national rsoc, or you pay for them seperatly and there is no cross over of funds allowed
Old 14-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Matt Evans
Black Country RSOC

No Dojj, i think with everything thats been said, wires have been crossed.

Local Groups.
Anyone can go along to a local group meeting and participate at their leisure. Its at the discretion of the local group as to if they charge members. if they do, its their own business and funds are NEVER paid to the main rsoc. They have their own bank accounts etc etc.

Its in the local groups interests and the rsoc as a whole for them to encourage people to join the RSOC and to benefit from the things the national club has to offer. It isnt compulsory for folks to join up.

Most shows are fine, the "group" as a whole books the show stand and everyones happy.

The only time issues arrise is national day, where in order to go on your local groups stand you need to prove membership of the national club. simple as that.

I have members in my local group who are NOT and members and refuse to join the RSOC for what ever reason and the only show they CANNOT attend is national day. (well they could but not on a Local Group stand - they could however choose to go with a visiting car club) Its their choice at the end of the day, like i say, i cant force anyone to join the main RSOC.

The issue of local group monies and national club monies shouldnt enter this conversation as its not relevant.

Dont forget the main RSOC has the local groups club stands situated at the Melbourne loop at donny, away from the other visiting car clubs. Thats just the way it is.

Matt
Old 14-08-2008, 04:04 PM
frosticles
R.I.P YUE 477S

Originally Posted by dojj
essentialy, the main national group should be getting money from it's regional groups

but ebcause they don't always charge memebrs, and because they don't always send money across the the national group, this has left them a bit skint and asking for natinoal membershp before you can show your rs
Regional groups only have to pay the National club money if they hold a Regional day as to go towards covering the cost of Insurance, Trophy's legalities etc. Local groups who charge a membership fee do not have to send this to the national club but are mainly used to purchase regailia,Gazeebo's,sail banners etc etc.
The second part of your answer, I have no Idea as doesn't really make sense, sorry.
Old 14-08-2008, 04:12 PM
dojj

so the national grou is where it's at, the local groups are just their own concerns, under the umbrella of the main rsc then yes? sort of like a franchise if you like? but without having to pay any sort of fee

and rs cars can go onto the national day visiting car clubs stands?

but you'd rather they were proper members and then they could go onto the regional stands?

if it's that simple, why has it confused SO many people? even i can understand it, and i've only asked about 50 questions

but seriously, why has it now become so blown out of all proportion? you would have thought the regional clubs owuld be happy to support their main group and try and pull out all the stops to make the day as good as it can get, not bicker about who's going to go where and why they shuld have to park out in the car park and make ransom demands

it's all getting a bit playground don't you think?

get a list of simple and easily explainable rules stuck onto the main page of the rsoc website to be set in stone for everyone of the regional types to adhere to and that should solve all the problems
Old 14-08-2008, 09:28 PM
cosevo

Think the main confusion with the thread was basically the visiting car clubs, such as rsi on tour, ukfordoc, passionford, fordsport, etc.

Some had been told its business as usual, pay for your tickets and have your club on display in the visiting club area

Others were told, NO visiting car clubs allowed this year full stop.

And some were told only NON-RS visiting clubs allowed

It is fully understandable that all full RSOC members should be catered for first, then if space is un-filled allow visiting car clubs to utilise that empty space, which in turns brings more money in through the gate.

Think there has just been a breakdown of communication to these groups, which has caused the fuss of them not sure if they are allowed or not. Hopefully things will be a bit clearer next year for everyone.

On a completely seperate note, not sure I agree with non-RS on the track, maybe a small percentage, but imagine how crap it would be if all the track cars were non-RS or worse non-ford at the National Show

Last edited by cosevo; 14-08-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 20-08-2008, 09:07 PM
frosticles
R.I.P YUE 477S

Finished now?
Old 20-08-2008, 11:42 PM
cosevo

Errrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Until next year, lol