General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

typical police response!!

Search this Thread

Old 25-06-2008, 12:56 AM
magic randy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default typical police response!!

on way home from the hospital tonight after visiting my dad i was driving to my mates to get some dinner cus im lazy and his mum offered

i came down a duel carriageway i normally drive best part of 70mph down, in front cars were over taking some under taking getting nowhere and general bad driving styles, got a bit pissed off with the 30mph cruiser in front so i over took got to about 60 when a merc undertook me about taking my bumper out............

i looked up to see the cars infront swerving to avoid wot looked like a black bin bag
i didnt care so didnt move... looked over and the merc swerved towards me then back...
i looked up and the bin bag was only a kid who was bouncing down the road as he had come off his bike the bike was sliding one lane he was in the other, he was the cause of the undertaking overtaking cus he was in the outside lane
i stopped wot felt like instantly jumped out to check he was ok, two women called for an ambulance and looked after him while i shifted his bike and shit that fell off

the police turned up in 2mins
the ambulance about 5mins i was really impressed with everyones reactions to the inncident be it public and the emergency services.

the thing that upset me was the fact that the police pulled up left a bloke organising the traffic so the ambulance could get through,
left the ladies comforting the 16yr old while they checked his bike was legal he had insurance and that witneses thought he was driving at the correct speed and was behaving himself. not once did they ask the kid if he was ok, ask if anyone had been part of the cause or incountered damage as a result of the accident.

they dont deserve the respect they want in my eyes

they basically want to arrest him rather than help
Old 25-06-2008, 01:11 AM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

lets kick a kid while he's down....
Old 25-06-2008, 01:29 AM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Thats not good really.

But they do need to do their job and see if alcohol/drugs was a factor in the situation

Not asking if the chap was ok seems a bit harsh, but if there was loads going on, maybe u missed that bit?

Last edited by Stu.H; 25-06-2008 at 01:30 AM.
Old 25-06-2008, 01:35 AM
magic randy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

nahh didnt miss it mate
was watchin there antics wth the bloke in the merc....went to have a go at his lane change and he appologised and said it was his fault

just makes you wonder whether they wanted to clear the road and help the kid or score points on the ped, dont take two to call in details.
Old 25-06-2008, 06:35 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's normal unfortunately, for the public.
I was rear ended years ago by a horse box, who after ramming the rear O/S corner of my car had a head on with the car coming the other way as she was now on the wrong side of the road, fire brigade called, three people had to be cut out of that car there were three injured people in my car, two injured pedestrians, who she hit after hitting car head on she mounted the sidewalk, stopped 3 feet short of crushing two people against a wall, the TWO policemen were stood on thew pavement and saw it all, as did over 20/30 others.
What did they do first ?, issue me with a producer, despite the fact people were screaming in the car hit head on, this is the honest truth of the matter, one wrote a producer whilst the other looked around my astra(all legal).
The reason I stopped in the road a car in front was turning right , later the plod went around the car owners house to check they were all ok, didn't come to see myself or out lot, REFUSED to give evidence to our insurance company and solicitor, AND got away with it after a formal complaint about it was made by myself.
They then told me I could drive the car home as it was about 1/4 mile away, but not use it after that, fair enough it had no O/S lights.
3 weeks later I was summonsed after being REPORTED by the SAME copper for driving a defective vehicle, and had to appear in court, where I was aquitted of the charge.
The lady who did all the crashing had defective brakes, no mot, insurance, but was fined a whole £135!!, she did not get done for any driving offences apart from these, don't know why, may be her husband could tell us as he is a POLICEMAN.
tabetha