General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Is this fight where kahn gets put on his arse ?

Search this Thread

Old 22-06-2008, 10:22 AM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by R5FORD
he is a good boxer to cocky tho.. he is like naseem.. in the spot light to start but when the time comes he will get knocked out once and never been seen again.

imo his attitude is nothing like naseem's outside of the ring
Old 22-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cant take it away from him,he is a good fighter but i dont like him.didnt like naseem either. but strangely i liked ali. he wasnt the same as these two though.
Old 22-06-2008, 10:42 AM
sueedw
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome fight.I had my doubts about Khan and totally hate frank warren but He is a classy boxer with awesome talent.I watched him on the celebrity challenge tv programme with vernon kay before i just thought he was a cocky little shit but after the way he conducted himself my view changed.And how ripped up was he wow 1.6 % body fat im not sure about that but credit where credit is due.Awesome camp behind him and its paying off think its time for a step up in opposition now
Old 22-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Moonstone Kev
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Respect to both boxers Khan hit Gomez with some cracking punches but he still kept comin wasn't happy when the ref stopped it as half the punches Khan threw were missing the target, glad it went more than one round the more rounds Khan gets under his belt the better he'll get
Old 22-06-2008, 11:03 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by indycos
on the news you hear about shitty football hooligans, fights breaking out, deaths etc over kicking a ball....
puts a lot of people off going to watch live sports.

then you hear stuff like this nice one!!!
indeed. much more gentlemanly seeing 2 guys puching fuck out of one another that 20 or 30 punching fuck out of one another.
perhaps if the football hooligans set up some rules and regs to follow the after match violence could become socially acceptable and part of the entertainment?

Last edited by fuzzy; 22-06-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 22-06-2008, 11:04 AM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by danneth
imo his attitude is nothing like naseem's outside of the ring

I agree, I dont think Khan shows much of the same 'show off style'.
Old 22-06-2008, 11:08 AM
reisskahn

Originally Posted by R5FORD
he is a good boxer to cocky tho.. he is like naseem.. in the spot light to start but when the time comes he will get knocked out once and never been seen again.
Dude ive met Khan his family was at my house in Belfast so i know he aint a cocky shit When it comes to a fight every single fighter takes the piss outta each other its all about the mental preperation upto the fight.

He aint been knocked down yet and ill defo be following him as i think hes got a good future ahead

Gotta say again after watching the highlights what a Fight, we didnt get to see half of what happend in the arena compared to what you see on tv
Old 22-06-2008, 02:29 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by reisskahn

He aint been knocked down yet and ill defo be following him as i think hes got a good future ahead

Gotta say again after watching the highlights what a Fight, we didnt get to see half of what happend in the arena compared to what you see on tv
really was it a trip last night then?

the kid cant punch and has a glass jaw,when he meets someone who can punch and has more technical ability he will get shown up just like Hamed did when Barrera destroyed him
Old 22-06-2008, 06:23 PM
James
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i thought it was a good fight tbh, khan has got a bit of learning to do imho as he did make a few mistakes, but deffo a superb talant and can't wait for the next khan fight!

6th of september?
Old 22-06-2008, 07:37 PM
col cos1
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by aduz

the kid cant punch and has a glass jaw,when he meets someone who can punch and has more technical ability he will get shown up just like Hamed did when Barrera destroyed him
that is my thoughts exactly

never been knocked down?????????

thats gomez and limmond had him on his arse
Old 22-06-2008, 09:46 PM
reisskahn

Originally Posted by aduz

No when he fought in Belfast about a year or two back we got to meet up and invite them back to out house....

col cos1: i meant he hasnt been knocked out yet and so what if limmond or gomez had him down why didnt they finish him off

Don't even start about Naseem he was a great fighter much better than Khan true he got done by Barrera but what 35 wins outta 36 and the likes of Sanchez or Kelly he fought they were great fighters not no nobodys. Pity Naseem didnt come back but thats history and different subject althogther...

All about Khan now

Last edited by reisskahn; 22-06-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old 22-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Nash_mr2
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

why so many khan haters?

Khan is NOTHING like Naseem at all - his attitude is nothing like Naseems, his fighting is nothing like Naseems and he's respectful to all his opponents.

Of the young up-and-come'ers Khan an Hamilton, i have to say i respect Khan 100000X more than i do Hamilton, i cant stand that little talentless sh!t

Khan works his t!ts off every time he gets in the ring, and he works bloody hard for his money.

i've been to 3 of his fights and have loved every minute of it.
Old 22-06-2008, 10:22 PM
reisskahn

Originally Posted by Nash_mr2
why so many khan haters?

Khan is NOTHING like Naseem at all - his attitude is nothing like Naseems, his fighting is nothing like Naseems and he's respectful to all his opponents.

Of the young up-and-come'ers Khan an Hamilton, i have to say i respect Khan 100000X more than i do Hamilton, i cant stand that little talentless sh!t

Khan works his t!ts off every time he gets in the ring, and he works bloody hard for his money.

i've been to 3 of his fights and have loved every minute of it.
Thank you about time somebody made a decent anti-khan comment...

The way i look at it fair play to everyone who works hard for what they do and respect it.....
Old 22-06-2008, 10:36 PM
col cos1
BANNED
BANNED

i was in belfast for kahns fight as i bought tickets to see scott harrison a true 2 time world chaamp albeit his recent troubles

and kahn was cocky as fuck,its ok if you can back it up,but hes fighting bums

warren is doing this to milk the money cause he knows hes not got a chin and yes hes fast but what 22 year old isnt,he doesnt look impressive in the slightest after the 5th round

you can say hes beat gomez and limmond even although both put him down,but what world champion do you know who went down on their way to the top???

hatton got knocked down once by magee and thats really it,calzaghie late in his career

but to go down twice like he has in hisearly days shows a real opponent would pick him apart

gomez at 25y old would of destroyed kahn

its just like all these bums saying theyve beaten tyson ,christ in his heyday nobody would of touched him its all about the money

i can see alex arthur having a couple of defences at super featherweight then moving up to lightweight,and i just hope it happens in the next year as hes 30 this year and i wouldnt like for him to fight kahn at the end of his career to give him another big notch

where as if he fought arthue now i know alex would do him

scott harrison also if he got his act together...a true champ
Old 22-06-2008, 10:40 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Khan cant punch........yeah right!
Old 22-06-2008, 10:52 PM
col cos1
BANNED
BANNED

sure he can punch but it doesnt last
Old 23-06-2008, 01:17 AM
Hockney
Advanced PassionFord User

The same will happen with Khan as it did Naz, when he comes across a good boxer who isnt punch drunk or at the end of there career he will get knocked out and never be seen again.
Old 23-06-2008, 01:53 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

iv said it before and il say it again.. he is a ok/ good fighter in the first few rounds.. but thats it..when he fights a real oppenent he will get KO'd and will never be seen again.. theree is no diffrence between Khan Ans Naseem. both were good fighters to start, Naseem thought he was unbetable and then he was never seen again.. Khan will follow.
Old 23-06-2008, 07:09 AM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Originally Posted by reisskahn
Don't even start about Naseem he was a great fighter much better than Khan true he got done by Barrera but what 35 wins outta 36 and the likes of Sanchez or Kelly he fought they were great fighters not no nobodys. Pity Naseem didnt come back but thats history and different subject althogther...
The problem with Naz is that he often taunted the opposition and leant in offering his chin, he started to believed his own hype and was simply to cocky at the end.
The real strength of a fighter is the spirit, when they are down, they keep going, when they are beat the do not give up.
When the going got tough for NAS he simply got his arse kicked and the game was up, NAS could not come back if he wanted as he lacks courage and would rather be remembered for statistics.
NAS only got the statistics you mention because when he got beat he did not have the strength of character to come back and fight for the crown or to take on others who believed they could beat him, the statistics flatter him for this reason as we are not aware of all the others who would have beaten him also. He went out a rich, cocky, looser

I do not think NAS ever had the heart, or spirt of someone such as Rickey Hatton who moved up a weight to get his arsed kicked, you never heard Ricky saying he was out of his weight or making excuses, he accepted he got beat by a great boxer. Ricky has the heart to continue to fight on.

I Like Amir though, good role model for multi-cultural England and shows a great balance with all aspects of his upbringing, wish him well for the future and hope that he takes his time as he still seems young and has much to learn.

Last edited by Turbocabbie; 23-06-2008 at 07:17 AM.
Old 23-06-2008, 08:55 AM
stonehavencossie

Originally Posted by c.fogarty
Why so many wanna see him fail ??????????????

Talented fighter, proud to be born in Britain, not overly flash but seems seriously unpopular.... WTF???????
Any talent to come out of england seems to be an instant hate target

Was in a pub full of scots on sat night and only one wanted kahn to win

always the same up here
Old 23-06-2008, 09:03 AM
RobL

listen at all the experts in here lol, some of you guys are in the wrong game obviuosly
Old 23-06-2008, 09:05 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

amir has always come across as a polilte young man who's grapsed the opportunity to make soemthing of himself and build soemthing for his comunity

perhaps getting put on his arse will make him that much better?
Old 23-06-2008, 09:15 AM
COZ!!!!
Ford -The power of dreams

Khan is good. but needs more experience against fighters like gomez
Old 23-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Diseasel

Khans a good boxer and a decent lad..shit driver tho suppose you cant have it all.lol.
Old 23-06-2008, 09:48 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Cant believe there are so many boxing geniuses on here lol.

every week someone moans about the foreigners coming here etc etc then we have a patriotic english man who is proud about it and you still wanna sit there and dig him out?? Khan hasnt been knocked out he has been down yes but not lost due to a TKO!!!!.there is a BIG difference in that. im sure some of the greats have gone down .....er didnt hatton knock down the mighy Mayweather???? he was down not out .
What a stupid fcukin comment that he cant punch ...i have been to watch him and he is lightning fast and proved it agian in this fight..
he is not cocky at all just winds people up..boxing is sometimes won before you get in the ring if you wind your oppenent up enough.and thats what he does.
If he was such an arse as everyone says he wouldnt still be living at home, he would be falling out of clubs and bars with birds off his arms but he doesnt he trains hard and is now reaping the rewards give the lad a fcukin break.
rant over lol
Old 23-06-2008, 10:19 AM
indycos
helooooo!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RobL
listen at all the experts in here lol, some of you guys are in the wrong game obviuosly
Old 23-06-2008, 10:31 AM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

For me the sign of a good fighter is someone who can get up off the floor and win, Khan done that fair play bruv

Luciano
Old 23-06-2008, 05:17 PM
col cos1
BANNED
BANNED

the point is hes hiting the canvas none the less by boxers who are well past their best and these fights make him look better than he really is

he is not world class
Old 23-06-2008, 05:36 PM
reisskahn

Originally Posted by col cos1
the point is hes hiting the canvas none the less by boxers who are well past their best and these fights make him look better than he really is

he is not world class
I aint too clued uo about boxing but on a neutral note can he become world class/or what will it take for him to be a true class fighter?
Old 23-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by col cos1

he is not world class
Was you good in your job from day 1?

The guy is still learning, HE KNOWS he is still learning and no where near the finished article, its mongs on th'internet who think he is 'Da Bezst'

* Appropriate smiley added
Old 23-06-2008, 09:03 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

spot on fight, loads of action, no fookin dancing round or hugging.

I really can't knock the kid for being cocky, why not. He is a talented boxer who has become famous and respected for his skill. He clearly works hard at it and takes it seriously. Keeps his family and friends close and learns from his mistakes. Not often he sticks his chin out like he used to.

I think we all like an underdog, the people champ, so Hatton is more of the person we love to love,khan is a young lad under a lot of pressure and so like to show boat and be abit extrovert, maybe that is why we want him to get a kicking, bring him down to earth abit and humble him up.

Do fear that as said, he will take a bad beating one day and vanish.
Old 24-06-2008, 06:22 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Big G
Was you good in your job from day 1?

The guy is still learning, HE KNOWS he is still learning and no where near the finished article, its mongs on th'internet who think he is 'Da Bezst'

* Appropriate smiley added
he's been a "pro" for a few years now so he should know what's going on

not that i'm knocking him, plenty of others to do that, just giving the nutrals pov
Old 24-06-2008, 08:53 PM
col cos1
BANNED
BANNED

is he not on his 16th fight???????????????/

he shouldnt going down if hes as good as he said he is

and all this running fwd and throwing punches the way he does is a nonsence

as said it makes him look better than he is to the majority of people watching who arent clued up with boxing