General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Miami - South Beach

Search this Thread

Old 15-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Smiggy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miami - South Beach

Me and the future wife are multi-citying in the US for our honeymoon. For the final week we plan to spend 6/7 days in Miami for some time on the beach, and also as we fly home from there. Really want to stay in one of the Art Deco Hotels on South Beach.

Has anyone been that can recommend a nice hotel. Some of the reviews for some of them are pretty bad. Really not wanting a bad experience on the final week. I know you shouldn't base everything on online reviews but just want to make sure.

Cheers
SMG
Old 15-04-2008, 02:41 PM
topaz
1K+ Super Poster!!

Depends on what you want really, all the top hotels are expensive and flash but you can still go in them for drinks (and you can walk to them)

The first time I went I stayed at a place called The Blue Moon, thats in a really good location, walking distance to everything and has good reviews. This hotel is middle of the range, its not directly on the ocean (100 yrds away) it has a very small pool, and runs at around $200-$250 a night.

We usually rent private condos on south beach now, you get more bang for your buck. I can give you details of the one we usually rent via pm, its on Lincoln and Ocean, it doesnt get much better in terms of location!!! On the same block is Lowes, Delano, Royal Palms, Shore Club and the Ritz Carlton. Pimpin Large!

Try www.tripadvisor.com for hotel reviews or www.vrbo.com for private.

Last edited by topaz; 15-04-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 15-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We stayed at the Marriott in Doral (where the golf is played) but that is a long way from the beach and nightlife.

The Art-Deco district looked great and the beach was fantastic but I still managed to get burned in 40 minutes of walking down the beach - it was 110 degrees though!

Hope you have a great time.
Old 15-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Smiggy

Originally Posted by topaz
Depends on what you want really, all the top hotels are expensive and flash but you can still go in them for drinks (and you can walk to them)

The first time I went I stayed at a place called The Blue Moon, thats in a really good location, walking distance to everything and has good reviews. This hotel is middle of the range, its not directly on the ocean (100 yrds away) it has a very small pool, and runs at around $200-$250 a night.

We usually rent private condos on south beach now, you get more bang for your buck. I can give you details of the one we usually rent via pm, its on Lincoln and Ocean, it doesnt get much better in terms of location!!! On the same block is Lowes, Delano, Royal Palms, Shore Club and the Ritz Carlton. Pimpin Large!

Try www.tripadvisor.com for hotel reviews or www.vrbo.com for private.
Cheers,

I'm going to ban myself from going on Tripadvisor tho, put me off a lot of places.

PM Sent

SMG
Old 15-04-2008, 06:02 PM
topaz
1K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by Smiggy
Cheers,

I'm going to ban myself from going on Tripadvisor tho, put me off a lot of places.

PM Sent

SMG
your money doesnt go a long way on the beach!

if you want mega, be prepared to pay!
Old 15-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Smiggy

Originally Posted by topaz
your money doesnt go a long way on the beach!

if you want mega, be prepared to pay!
I know, that's why I'd rather get someone elses advice before booking as a lot of reviews are off putting. Looking at spending no more than $300 a night

Cheers for the help

SMG
Old 15-04-2008, 07:15 PM
topaz
1K+ Super Poster!!

you should get something very good for $300, that should get you into the shelbourne, it just depends whats going on that weekend