General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Recommend me a new mobile.

Search this Thread

Old 21-01-2008, 03:38 PM
AGAR-COSWORTH
Redumbdancy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recommend me a new mobile.

Hi,

Im looking to get a new phone by the end of the month. What ones would you recommend? Nokia is my preference but i could be swayed to go for a Sony Erricson.

Currently on PAYG but a contract for around £25p/m would be ideal.

Cheers
Old 21-01-2008, 03:45 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

got myself a 5310 music thing phone the other day
£100 for payg but the crafty git knocked me for another £10 worth of credit
i simply came down home to london and made a noise (as i wern't going to go back to brum) and got my tenner back

the phones a bit delecate, but seeing as i'm going from a 6330i it's going to be
and it's new and comes with a 2gig memory card and it's got funky music playing buttons on that impress the wife
Old 21-01-2008, 04:01 PM
DaveZS
Better use my strong hand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've not long had my Nokia 6300, picked it up as it was cheap and phones always get scratched at work, no point buying an expensive one.

Cheapest place i've seen it is £49.99 is sainsburys on Vodaphone payg.

I've just renewed my contract with o2 though amazing what you can get with a bit of haggling.

300 mins, 1400 txts, £10 a month with £75 worth of credit on 12 month contract.

Works out at £3.75 a month for 300 mins+1400 txts

Another decent offer at the moment is 300 mins and 300 txts for £10 a month through Virgin if you already subscribe to another Virgin product, phone, tv, internet etc...
Old 21-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Sunil_FiestaRS1800
Advanced PassionFord User

Im going for a W960i next.

Basically sonyericcssons answer to the N95
Old 21-01-2008, 04:13 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

I've been sony ericsson past three years and will not change

First one was w800i. Loved that. Upgraded to a Samsung E900.

Absolutely hated that and sold it within three months as I couldnt stand it and music quality was worse than scratching bricks with my fingernails. Got myself a w610i which I still have and absolutely loved that phone never put a foot wrong and music quality spot on.

Now upgraded to a w910i which I'm really liking. Good music quality again. Slim, light and high quality screen. 1GB memory card as standard and all usual features. Only thing it lacks compared to my w610i is the light on the camera and the camera itself isnt too amazing but will do for me
Old 21-01-2008, 04:18 PM
AGAR-COSWORTH
Redumbdancy

Originally Posted by DaveZS
I've not long had my Nokia 6300, picked it up as it was cheap and phones always get scratched at work, no point buying an expensive one.

I've just renewed my contract with o2 though amazing what you can get with a bit of haggling.

Another decent offer at the moment is 300 mins and 300 txts for £10 a month through Virgin if you already subscribe to another Virgin product, phone, tv, internet etc...
How on earth did you manage that?! The o2 deal im currently looking at is £25 per month 50mins and 200texts Im currently with Orange so do you recon they'd give me as good a deal?

Virgin deal does sound good but how are they as service provider? Reputable?

Sunil - Yeah ive just been looking at the W960i - looks class. Do you know when its due to be released, and more importantly how much it'll cost?

Cheers for all the replies
Old 21-01-2008, 04:47 PM
DaveZS
Better use my strong hand

Originally Posted by AGAR-COSWORTH

How on earth did you manage that?! The o2 deal im currently looking at is £25 per month 50mins and 200texts Im currently with Orange so do you recon they'd give me as good a deal?

Sunil - Yeah ive just been looking at the W960i - looks class. Do you know when its due to be released, and more importantly how much it'll cost?

They shit themselves when you say your ending the contract after the time period is up and they will offer you deals you would not get in the shop.
With you being on PAYG your not going to have as much ammo, but ring them up, i'd be very suprised if they couldn't at least beat a deal you've been offered elsewhere. Just tell them you want to move onto a contract and these are the best you've been offered.

My dads on the Virgin one now and hes happy with it
Old 21-01-2008, 05:12 PM
AGAR-COSWORTH
Redumbdancy

Originally Posted by AGAR-COSWORTH

They shit themselves when you say your ending the contract after the time period is up and they will offer you deals you would not get in the shop.
With you being on PAYG your not going to have as much ammo, but ring them up, i'd be very suprised if they couldn't at least beat a deal you've been offered elsewhere. Just tell them you want to move onto a contract and these are the best you've been offered.

My dads on the Virgin one now and hes happy with it
Excellent - i'll atleast be able to do the same thing as you this time next year once my contract is up.

Many thanks,
Old 21-01-2008, 05:25 PM
xr4x4rs
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im looking at a nokia n73 next

ok its just out of date but the phone im using now ive had for 4 years and its starting to show its age now and not work
Old 21-01-2008, 08:34 PM
focusbird
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

It depends on what you want from your phone. I only use mine for calls, texts and taking pictures, I can live without everything else.

I had a Nokia N95 for a month and hated, I've just stuck it on ebay. I've now got a Samsung G800 and absolutely love it.