General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Schumacher - MotoGP

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Schumacher - MotoGP

Found this snippet on an australian website

Jan 5 - News - F1 legend Michael Schumacher is set to make his GP debut on two wheels... Apparently the German will race at Jerez, Sachsenring and Catalunya, three circuits he knows well from his F1 days. Schumacher will ride a Ducati and is currently training for his three wildcard MotoGP outings.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:11 PM
MAD EVO 4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 05-01-2008, 11:11 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That should be very interesting if it actually happens.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Featherz

I would love to see him back in f1 for 1 more year!
Old 05-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I can feel a big crash coming on
Old 05-01-2008, 11:49 PM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
I can feel a big crash coming on
I hope so lol
Old 05-01-2008, 11:55 PM
Featherz

He wll fall over in the corners i reckon that head must way some!!
Old 05-01-2008, 11:58 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

That website also claims the new Focus RS will be 4x4 and not just an upgraded ST!...........
Old 06-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by EIL132
That website also claims the new Focus RS will be 4x4 and not just an upgraded ST!...........
http://www.mcnews.com.au/
Click 'Late Braking News' you charmless Nerk
Old 06-01-2008, 12:58 AM
Robski
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

its already been stated in the news(ages ago) that shumi has tested a GP bike last year and within an hour or so he was 2-3 seconds off the lap record...which ain't bad i guess.Lets just see what happens IF he actually races before we get any sniping. I don't know whats with these schumi haters in here.....maybe they are still waiting for Jenson Button to become F1 Champ Then again we brits love to back a loser
Old 06-01-2008, 09:01 AM
philram
Mulechild

cant see it myself... maybe test, but not race. he did get to within five seconds of the pace at the valencia test last year, but thats more to do with the track, the top 15 are usually covered by 1.5 secs there. why would he want to risk his neck wobbling around at the back of the pack...

obviously a slow news day... and the site wants some hits
Old 06-01-2008, 09:18 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Robski
I don't know whats with these schumi haters in here....:
Maybe it has something to do with the small issue of him bashing a brit off the track to secure the championship???

Always good to see him racing on track though, regardless of whats happened in the past. I was actually wanting him to win in the race of champions.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:22 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by philram
cant see it myself... maybe test, but not race. he did get to within five seconds of the pace at the valencia test last year, but thats more to do with the track, the top 15 are usually covered by 1.5 secs there. why would he want to risk his neck wobbling around at the back of the pack...

obviously a slow news day... and the site wants some hits
Thats what i was thinking actually. As good as it would be to have him in moto gp for the wild cards, he almost certainly be at the back in a race situation. (provided he doesnt knock anyone off that is ) Testing is one thing, racing with experienced riders in moto gp is another.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:47 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

[quote="Robski"]. I don't know whats with these schumi haters in here.....quote]

Perhaps we all think that altho a very talented guy his total unsportsmanship and the fact he's a cheating cunt..consistently throughout his career counts against him?

Or are you just a fairweather supporter and loves whoever wins ?
Old 06-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

2-3 seconds off the pace is a lifetime in moto gp!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2008, 10:18 AM
coco16i
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting to see him race but cant see it happening if he's not going to be near the lap times of the big boys, 2-3 seconds a lap of the pace will see him getting lapped long before the race finishes and im sure his huge ego wouldn't be able to withstand that !!!
Old 06-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosworth Rallyesport
yup ask any of the recent british racers

nothing on motogp.com about him having a race or 3

he tested the duke aye and did pretty well imo. Not as easy going from car to bike as vice versa imo
Old 06-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

its a PR exercise like getting him to drive a F1 car again, nothing more... he still has a promotional contract with Phillip Morris and other companys
Old 06-01-2008, 11:22 AM
coco16i
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lambchop

he tested the duke aye and did pretty well imo. Not as easy going from car to bike as vice versa imo

Did Rossi not get to within 1 sec of the lap times when he was in the F1 car ???
Old 06-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

rossi is a hell of a good driver though,

the man in your siggy did ok in an F1 car as well.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by coco16i
Originally Posted by Lambchop

Did Rossi not get to within 1 sec of the lap times when he was in the F1 car ???
not sure it was that close but aye it was a no bad effort!!
Old 06-01-2008, 02:54 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Funniest thing i had heard......IF and its a major if he does a wildcard he will get hammered simple as that..........end of
Old 06-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

lol - love how all the losers hate a winner.

RW
Old 06-01-2008, 03:01 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Steven_RW

RW
Dont think its a case of that mate, i think its maybe something to do with him being a cheat?
Old 06-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Bollocks... as is the Focus being a 4x4.

Is it www.Sundaysport.co.uk??

does it also say Elvis is on the moon and Britney is a model mum?
Old 06-01-2008, 03:06 PM
James-W
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Porkie
Bollocks... as is the Focus being a 4x4.

Is it www.Sundaysport.co.uk??

does it also say Elvis is on the moon and Britney is a model mum?
Now that is genuinely funny
Old 06-01-2008, 03:46 PM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Rossi, was 3 seconds of the 'pace' when he tested the ferrari not 1.

Also as philram said, schumacher was 5 seconds off the fatest time in Valencia set by dani pedrosa... unless he rode every single day from now til the season starts he wouldnt even get close...

in any case, the fact that he can ride it that fast at all and that the class rookies are on the pace so quickly prove that they are 'too easy' to ride! lorenzo has even stated its easier than 250!! it shouldnt be like that!!! Power is nothing without control; if you have unbeleivably effecient electronics that basically handle the control it will ultimately come down to power...which is why casey won the WC imo.

i'm keeping my fingers crossed that dorna go through with their talks of introducing a control ecu!
Old 06-01-2008, 03:59 PM
It's Czech Mate

RW
LOL

I dont see anyone hating Rossi or Kimi this year...its cunts we dont like,not winners or losers
Old 06-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by S1rst

RW
Dont think its a case of that mate, i think its maybe something to do with him being a cheat?
The most successful driver of all time.... a cheat??? Dont you think someone in the FIA wouldve noticed...

As the saying goes.... Racings Racing.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

Schumy is a legend - he built the team Ferrari around him. Like most winners, he will pretty much do anything to win. In a successful career that spanned MANY years he did a couple of iffy moves. The only one that sticks with me was screwing up the qualifying in the Monaco race - everything else was no worse than anything Senna did etc.

RW
Old 06-01-2008, 04:19 PM
m_nettleship
PassionFord Post Troll

lol,, Schumi is the the best driver in F1, still is,, he tested end of last year to aid the drivers of his team,, as there taking some electronics of the cars, tc I think, and nobody could touch him,,, he testing in barcelona this year, see wat happens there too.

I also wanted him to win the race of champs, but to be honest, a tourin car champ was allways gonna win that lol.

You Have to admire Shumacher, As you shud admire pure talent and genius. Simple as that.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by JAP CRAP
i'm keeping my fingers crossed that dorna go through with their talks of introducing a control ecu!
Ewwwwww nooooooo, Control this and control that will end up with the factory teams not being able to develop and scarpering, thus taking big sponsors away and leading into the demise of the sport.

I can only just find it in myself to agree with control tyres at WSB ans BSB level.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ewwwwww nooooooo, Control this and control that will end up with the factory teams not being able to develop and scarpering, thus taking big sponsors away and leading into the demise of the sport.

I can only just find it in myself to agree with control tyres at WSB ans BSB level.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Robski

How is shuey more of a "cheat"then say errr Senna?(remember what HE DID!!)..... some of you guys are clueless!! All that Damon Hill bollox in 94 has been ingrained in your brain...lol. What made shuey and senna great WAS that they would go to ANY lenghts to win. Hence why Lewis won't acheive what Shuey did,my God his missed an UNBELIEVEABLE chance to be a world champ.....i still think he will live to regret those mistakes in the last 2 races.
AS for race of champions,if the decider was in that buggy...then it would have been a different matter....noone touched him in that thing!!

It does make me laugh in here,are there any successfull drivers in here?(track day warriors with thier monogram race suits don't count ) Errrr....none spring to mind!,but these people slate THE MOST SUCCESSFULL F1 driver of all time to bits.....that says it all really
Old 06-01-2008, 09:59 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Guy can drive everything and is awesome, but wont be making an appearance in Moto GP, along with the 4x4 Focus RS

He said the 800 was smoother and easier to ride than the ’05 990 he previously rode, but shrugged off any suggestion that he would contemplate competing in a MotoGP race in the future.

“I’m just doing this for fun. I don’t I want to race, “said Schumacher, who at 38 is the same age as Ducati’s factory World Superbike star Troy Bayliss. “Maybe we could be team-mates, “laughed Schumacher, who won five world titles with Ferrari before retiring at the end of 2006.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTbFYGN5XaE
Old 07-01-2008, 10:09 AM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Big G

So you can say hand on heart the racing is as exciting this year as say 2001? They have so many rider aids now, traction control, launch control, anti-wheely system, and even braking assist you no longer get the most talented rider winning but instead the bike with the best developed system and the rider that can use that system i.e. have the bollocks to just ride dumb and open the throttle full mid corner and let the electronics sort it out.

Anything that makes the sport more exciting and therefore attracts more of an audience will keep sponsers happy.

Moto gp has gone very much down the slippery slope of F1 this year into becoming a parade because the bikes are almost too good and too 'easy' to ride. Thats why dorna/eccleston (co owners of F1 and moto gp) have banned t.c in F1 to make it more exciting...hasnt caused any pull-outs/lack of sponsers there yet... and I think and hope they do the same in moto gp! Need to find some sort of balance I guess to keep everyone happy.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:16 AM
bookwyse

I would of loved to see Schumacher up against Mansell, Prost and Senna in a turbo car with none of the modern day electronics!!!!!!

YES he can drive a modern F1 car and go to any lengths to win but back in the mid 80's the cars were a lot more difficult to drive with a manual box etc.

Its the same with rallying, yes modern cars are safer and faster due to the drivers aids but how many of the modern drivers would be able to handle an RS200, 6R4 etc in the wet!!!!!!!!

I dont think Schummi will ever be competitive on a bike and that will stop him apperaing. The guys got too much of en ego to risk it.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:16 AM
It's Czech Mate

. Thats why dorna/eccleston (co owners of F1 and moto gp) have banned t.c in F1 to make it more exciting....
Total Horse manure ...they wouldnt advocate making the cars more dangerous by saying it would be 'exciting' for the spectators and essentially giving a big "Fuck you, we dont care about your safety" to the drivers

The reason F1 cars are being simplified is to reduce the cost thus lowering barriers to entry to the sport AND trying to reduce the budgets of the existing big manufacturers so they stay in the sport and their money stays in the sport, hence the no electronic ades, engines sealed for x amount of races and a rev limit etc etc
Old 07-01-2008, 10:30 AM
philram
Mulechild

Originally Posted by bookwyse
I would of loved to see Schumacher up against Mansell, Prost and Senna in a turbo car with none of the modern day electronics!!!!!!

YES he can drive a modern F1 car and go to any lengths to win but back in the mid 80's the cars were a lot more difficult to drive with a manual box etc.

Its the same with rallying, yes modern cars are safer and faster due to the drivers aids but how many of the modern drivers would be able to handle an RS200, 6R4 etc in the wet!!!!!!!!
behave.. if your world class now, you would be world class at anytime, its all relative.

are you trying to tell me mcrae couldn't drive an escort or grpb car quick because he wasn't from that time...

Quick Reply: Schumacher - MotoGP