General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

IS it just me ?

Search this Thread

Old 19-11-2007, 10:20 AM
stevecossy
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS it just me ?

Yeah is it just me or are more and more cossies getting broke for parts.
Alls well and good if its had a smash and beyond cost repair but most seem to be some doughnut who s not looked after it and cannot get 5k for it, so they strip it to make more money.
Then thats another classic car gone, pi##es me off they would rather kill a great car than fix it or take a loss for someone who cares to fix.
Evan the traders are raking it in by stripping good cars, i know we all need spares but at what cost to loosing more and more cars. While people will pay 1500 - 2500 quid for a engine then its gunna keep happening.
Just my opinion.
Old 19-11-2007, 10:53 AM
indycos
helooooo!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can buy a complete cossie for some of the prices people pay for an engine they havent even seen or heard running
Old 19-11-2007, 11:21 AM
tracktoy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

same old story - supply and demand

if theres a bigger demand for spares than cars then cars are going to get stripped- people arn't going to take a loss unless they have to

when enough cars have been stripped the prices of the cars will go up and they will become too expensive to strip for parts
Old 19-11-2007, 02:35 PM
SteveB
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

4 years ago my car was probably worth £6k top top price I got £9800 back in parts!!!!!! But then again wish I'd kept it now

Steve
Old 19-11-2007, 03:08 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

take it we talking bout sapps here....give it a few more years and i think(hope)the prices will start to rise quickly specially 2wd ones as good ones are rare now