General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

ATT , Dog owners

Search this Thread

Old 19-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default ATT , Dog owners

Serious post this people

Me and the missus have just had a terrible experiance with one of our 15 week old lab pups

They were asleep on the sofa ( little buggers ) in the conservatory and i walked in to see if they were ok and the pups woke up and one of them screamed so loud and for about 1 min ,,it was scary as he just screamed and screamed and no matter how we tried to comfort him he just kept screaming , after apox 1 min he slowly stopped waged his tail and now he seems fine .

I either scared him or woke him from a bad dream ( i hope )

anyone else ever had this ????

Not a nice thing to see as you just feel so helpless and all sorts goes through your mind what might be wrong with them

Im not ashamed to say that the pups mean the world to me and i got very very upset about it , wondering if he was ok

anyone know or have experiance of this

Paul
Old 19-10-2007, 09:51 PM
glancy2081
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my dog did this once when he was a pup never did it again to my knowledge hope its ok paul
Old 19-10-2007, 09:52 PM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

one of my mums little yorkshire terriers done it while back he had cramp on his back leg
Old 19-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

Paul, this happened to our staffi a while back, but he's 9 now, i'm pretty confident he was in a deep sleep and dreaming, i shot myself though, i thought he was in REALLY bad pain
Old 19-10-2007, 09:57 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

could have been a cramp or just startled, or a twinging muscles etc.

I scream like a banshi if the misses wakes me up when i am having a nice kip

seriously though, if he seems ok now then it doesn't sound to serious
Old 19-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Many thanks for the replies fellas

I feel better knowing that it has happened to other pups and there fine

I can tell you the way he screamed was heartbreaking to hear , it was like he was in the worst pain and there was nothing i could do

I think i will have a sleepless night tho
Old 19-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Paul, it was probably dreaming you were selling another 500

It'll be fine mate..............
Old 19-10-2007, 10:03 PM
glancy2081
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

when mine done it it was due to the way he had been lying and when he woke up must have had cramp or something
Old 19-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by staffi

Funny how dogs change a 6 feet 1 fat git like me into a soft as shite girl I wouldnt change them for the world

We dont have kids so i quess these pups are our children ,,I know this sounds daft but im sure dog lovers know how you get attached
Old 19-10-2007, 10:05 PM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

Its a shame they are just like kids & cant tell you whats wrong god knows whould happen if anything bad happend to my mums little dogs..hope the pups ok paul..
Old 19-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Lee_R21Turbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Fuck I'd scream like fuck if I woke up & saw you standing next to my bed!!!

On a serious note I'm sure the little'uns cool now - I love animals & understand what you mean about being helpless - shame they cant speak & tell you whats up!!!

Old 19-10-2007, 10:10 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

u do get very attached to dogs fella love mine to bits
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by carlo
Its a shame they are just like kids & cant tell you whats wrong god knows whould happen if anything bad happend to my mums little dogs..hope the pups ok paul..
Carlo, that's SO true, only on about this today with the misses, our Staffis always seem buzzing, but the otherday the one was so down and i said to the misses, i wish they could tell us what's wrong..

I sound a right soppy coont now..

I am an hard coont really..
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

Once had a cat that did a similar thing... was upstairs throwing himself about at the bathroom door... went up to see what all the comotion was about.... he was drenched, screaching as only cats do and then messed himself.. five minutes later was right as rain....

We lived next to a grave yard.. and for years after there were many thoughts about what Casper had seen at the top of the stairs....
Old 19-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by Lee_R21Turbo
Fuck I'd scream like fuck if I woke up & saw you standing next to my bed!!!

On a serious note I'm sure the little'uns cool now - I love animals & understand what you mean about being helpless - shame they cant speak & tell you whats up!!!

cheeky bugger
Old 19-10-2007, 10:13 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Im glad it isnt just me that turns into a lump of lard when my dogs are near me
Old 19-10-2007, 10:15 PM
COS 22
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

paul

my old black lab mike used to have nightmares and howl loads

he would sometimes even have his eyes open and still howl when we were trying to calm him down

bit like hound of the baskervilles

dont worry
Old 19-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by COS 22
paul

my old black lab mike used to have nightmares and howl loads

he would sometimes even have his eyes open and still howl when we were trying to calm him down

bit like hound of the baskervilles

dont worry
Hi Dave

I think you more than anyone know how i feel about our pups , and to think one is in pain is a seriously upsetting thing to see

He seems fine now and is asleep with his big brother so im sure he will be fine

Many thanks agin for the replies as i dont think i could sleep tonight if you lot hadnt replied
Old 19-10-2007, 10:38 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

staffi
Paul, this happened to our staffi a while back, but he's 9 now, i'm pretty confident he was in a deep sleep and dreaming, i shot myself though, i thought he was in REALLY bad pain Triste Triste
Old 19-10-2007, 11:53 PM
KregRS
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dog does all the running in his sleep stuff, growls, little yelps etc, just having a good dream. He makes more noise when he's asleep than he does when he's awake, hardly ever barks, can go weeks without barking. I remember one night, I was laying in bed, Buster was sitting at the top of the stairs and just howled, kind of like how they do horror films, scared the fook out of me.

I've had Buster since he was 6wks old, he could sit on palm of my hand, now I can't even pick him up. He's seen 2 gf's come and go, was there through some real rough patches, in his own way he's been my saving grace.

I think those that have never had a dog can really understand, they aint just pets, they're part of the family, Buster gets treated just how a kid would get treated, and you can see his little moods, the way he ignores me after he's been told off, when he's in a grump.
Old 20-10-2007, 06:05 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Little update

He seems just fine

i got up early today and woke them up and they have both run around all morning

Thanks agin for your replies

a very happy, Paul
Old 20-10-2007, 06:17 AM
Stoo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Good news
Old 20-10-2007, 06:39 AM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Mate! You probably walked in on him wanking? I remember the last time my Dad did the same thing, I screamed too!

And that was only yesterday.

Seriously though, I was looking after my sister 2 beagle pups who fight constantly, CONSTANTLY! It's actually very funny.

Anyway, I was in charge [I was allowed to wear a captains hat!] and heard one of them screaming, thought they'd been fighting but his brother was in another room. I tried to console the little fella but it took ages for him to shut up! [damn near bit through the pillow I smothered him with ].

I fucking shit myself! Rushed to the vets as I thought he was properly ill but he said [like someone said above] it is most likely cramp. Which in fairness makes me yell too!

Glad they're ok though, you big fucking homosexual.
Old 20-10-2007, 07:15 AM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

get him to the docs/vets, he may have hip displaysia, and was in pain when he work up. Best to just rule it out anyhow considering many labs have this condition

One of my labs has very violent dreams, whole body shaking, barking, but in a deep sleep squeel but its loud and replicating a VERY LOUD BARK.. its as if she is running, for her life, i just gently wake her up and tell her everything is ok... its not very nice to watch tho
Old 20-10-2007, 07:55 AM
1feathers
Regular Contributor

dont think you can have them hip scored until they fully grown, sounds more likely to be cramp. Or was just dreaming, had a couple of dogs that have done something similar when sleeping/dreaming, that cat/rabbit must of got away.
if he's charging round normally and not in pain etc then dont think it is his hips, just to be safe get him hip scored when hes fully grown.
Old 20-10-2007, 08:20 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
Originally Posted by staffi

Funny how dogs change a 6 feet 1 fat git like me into a soft as shite girl I wouldnt change them for the world

We dont have kids so i quess these pups are our children ,,I know this sounds daft but im sure dog lovers know how you get attached

join the club mate.me and trace dont have kids.and my two are like my kids,wouldnt be without them and perish the thought of losing them for any reason.
they do the same to me,im not a mushy bloke and i dont look the softy,but they always make me chill and go soft.

as for the cramp/dreaming.more than likely cramp mate but whatever you do dont ever wake a dog up if its dreaming.the shock can give them a heart attack.they will be just fine if left to wake up from it normally.have to say it is funny when ours dream,little gruffs and barks and feet twitching reckon them rabbits they are chasing are proper shitting it
Old 20-10-2007, 08:32 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Originally Posted by 1feathers
dont think you can have them hip scored until they fully grown, sounds more likely to be cramp. Or was just dreaming, had a couple of dogs that have done something similar when sleeping/dreaming, that cat/rabbit must of got away.
if he's charging round normally and not in pain etc then dont think it is his hips, just to be safe get him hip scored when hes fully grown.
They won't hip-score a dog until it's 12 months old, but hip dysplasia can be present long before that.
Old 20-10-2007, 09:32 AM
coco16i

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad the little fella is ok mate, its heartbreaking seeing a dog in distress and you feel so helpless and just want them to tell you whats wrong so you can sort it for them !!

We have 2 dogs and they rule our lives completely, we recently rescued an Alaskan Malimute Huskey, fantastic natured dog but our lab didnt get on with him, every time the huskey would come in the room the lab would look all sad and instantly get up and leave the room !! He was a totally different acting dog after we got the huskey and just not his usual happy self

Kept the huskey for a few days to see if things would improve but the poor lab just looked totally lost and was obviously feeling left out as the huskey was getting on great with our other dog ( a dalmatian ) Was really horrible seeing him all sad and down and things didnt improve after couple of days so we had to rehome the huskey, now the lab is back to his usual self thankfully

Dogs are fantastic companions and we would be lost without our 2 boys, they really do have to ability to turn you into a soft lump of shite! Just seeing my 2 at the patio doors when i come home at lunch time each day with their tails wagging like mad and desperate for me to open the door and speak to them is great

Was horrible having to put the huskey away to another home, its amazing how attached you get to animals and we would be devestated if anything happened to our two boys !!!

Any excuse to post up some pics of my boys !!!!!

Rossco

Old 20-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Paddy
Mate! You probably walked in on him wanking? I remember the last time my Dad did the same thing, I screamed too!

And that was only yesterday.

Seriously though, I was looking after my sister 2 beagle pups who fight constantly, CONSTANTLY! It's actually very funny.

Anyway, I was in charge [I was allowed to wear a captains hat!] and heard one of them screaming, thought they'd been fighting but his brother was in another room. I tried to console the little fella but it took ages for him to shut up! [damn near bit through the pillow I smothered him with ].

I fucking shit myself! Rushed to the vets as I thought he was properly ill but he said [like someone said above] it is most likely cramp. Which in fairness makes me yell too!

Glad they're ok though, you big fucking homosexual.
You really do qualify for a get well card
Old 20-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

coco16i
hello mate,how you been?you didnt say you had got one in the end!
was it a cross? huskamute? a a proper maly? such a shame you had to re-home,suprised you didnt tell me.i may have been able to take him for you you know i have a weakness for these little fellas.was it a boy or girl?
Old 20-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Awwww paul!!!!!

Smelly used to scream quite often, for maybe 30 seconds or so, and i think it may just have been because she was stiff, or had slept funny or simply didnt appreciate being woken up!!!

Ya great big softy you!
Old 20-10-2007, 11:40 AM
foreverwhite
Banned
BANNED

coco16i

bonny dogs there

love the husky one!
Old 20-10-2007, 01:13 PM
coco16i

Originally Posted by Bullett
coco16i
hello mate,how you been?you didnt say you had got one in the end!
was it a cross? huskamute? a a proper maly? such a shame you had to re-home,suprised you didnt tell me.i may have been able to take him for you you know i have a weakness for these little fellas.was it a boy or girl?

Alright mate, i did think about letting you know we had got one but just never got round to it !!

He was a proper Maly and was an excellent natured dog, came from a shit home though and had never been trained or walked at all i dont think!! Would pull like absolute fuck on the lead even with a halti on him, im 17st and even i struggled to hold him back

We would for sure have kept him if he had got on with our other dogs but seeing how sad the lab got made us deceide to find him another home which we did without any hassle, had shit loads of phone calls about him as we only asked Ł350 for him, was full pedigree and KC registered, micro chipped as well, just glad to have found him a good home

How are your 2 getting on mate, must be huge by now are they ???

My wife likes having the house at quite a warm temp and the poor Mal must have found it too warm cos almost every time we let him out in the garden the first thing he would do was run down the bottom and jump straight in the burn to cool off !!!!

They are lovely dogs and heaven forbid if anything happened our 2 boys we would def look to getting another Huskey

Post up some pics Paul
Old 20-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

some great replies

Im glad it isnt just me then that turns into a propper mushy mess when my dogs are involved
Old 20-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Deffo not just you pal.

There are only a handfull of people in the world who i love more than our Dog. And some of those are on borrowed time too.
Old 20-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Deffo not just you pal.

There are only a handfull of people in the world who i love more than our Dog. And some of those are on borrowed time too.
Bloody hell Stu

I thought i was bad ,,but fitting out the spare room for the dogs
Old 20-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Old 20-10-2007, 05:08 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
Im glad it isnt just me that turns into a lump of lard when my dogs are near me

we are all the same.both dogs and kids
Old 20-10-2007, 05:16 PM
CosworthGuy
3dr Cosworth owner

I totally agree about turning into mush when it comes to dogs,
I had to have my labrador put down on tuesday due to his hips being gone,He was 14 & a half
He only went for a check up and his nails cutting as he couldnt walk for miles on the beach like he used to so his nails were getting long and we have a tiled floor down stairs

I didnt think it was going to turn out that way so i got my mum to take him while i was out and she phoned me hysterically,
The vet said if we took him home it was being cruel as he was in lots of pain due to his hips/arthritis,
I never even got to say goodbye,
The vets let me see him after my mum called, they stayed late just for me, It was heartbreaking, Now im definatley a mans man and I admit i broke down into tears for an hour while I was there,

I ve been emotional ever since, He used to get up when i coe hoe fro work in the ornings and he's not there anyore
Were having him cremated and Huis nae put on the urn so I can keep him

Quick Reply: ATT , Dog owners