General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

any1 a sky installer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 09:11 PM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default any1 a sky installer?

how do you find it??

im tempted to give it a bash
Old 13-09-2007, 01:30 AM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive done it

but lasted 6 months

i worked for first line digital based in chester dont work with them there tosser's

you dont get paid for all the work, you have to pay for all the cable etc some time's you end up loosing out on jobs that havent been done right in the first place.

not to sure if you work with sky itself what there like first line digital is like an overflow of extra engineers for sky..

if you have a chane to go for it do it mate but remember there is so much of heath and safety these day's and this did piss me off but it had to be done.

just go for it learn what it is all about do it for 6 months then leave, get your own van and do it for yourself trust me the money is there dude i was earning big money just doing the extra work on my day's off
Old 13-09-2007, 06:51 AM
RS500/364
BANNED
BANNED

i know some that earn £30 even £50k from it if you put the hours in
Old 14-09-2007, 10:56 PM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

the co is supplying the van all tools all clothes and boots and all everything and paying sensible too

they sound pretty good and let you go self emp if you want to at 2 wks notice if it'll earn you more

got a mate starting next week ill see how he goes but its 4 weeks before hes out on his own and i may have missed the boat by then, i think ill bell em up and get the ball rolling tomorra
Old 15-09-2007, 07:36 AM
mark_24v_wiring
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

To be honest your a bit late on joining up for digital mate i made good money when it started and for about 2years or so after but now most companys will charge you for the van cable extra brackets etc etc and you can't charge the customer squat so you have to pay for everything and if you get all standard installs then thats fine as the cost is included but if you have to put up extra brackets and use more cable you end up doing a job for nothing, just to give you an example a mate of mine went back to doing it this summer he lasted 6 weeks before he realised he had done a week where if you didnt take any costs out he had earned £600 which is a good week but then the costs came out and he took home £140!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Up to that point i was thinking about it but sod that.
What you have to remember is that for a std install you will get paid lets say £17 the guy who is giving you the work is getting well over double that from sky then charging you costs for you to do that install out of your £17 so be very careful with it the only way you will ever make any money is to get in to sky not any of the subcontractors you could try setting yourself up as a subcontractor but thats very hard to do now.
If you can get employed by sky the money aint great but its the extras the free top package hd free broadband home phone van tools fuel and you dont have to pay any extra costs for non std installs.
Old 15-09-2007, 11:59 AM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

nah i wont have to pay for squat
thats th4 point, its £25 odd per install and everythings covered- nothing to pay whatsoever, 1 mates are doin the 1 week now and another starts monday