General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

The moon. Have we been?

Search this Thread

Old 28-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts
Default The moon. Have we been?

What do you reckon? I just logged on wikipedia and the moon is todays featured article, and it got me thinking about my mate who really believes it was all a con. I think, like the twin towers, it would be too big to cover up and we have definatley been there.
Old 28-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of the photos are very very iffy......

But surely you can see the landing site with a telescope? Has anyone thought to have a look and see?
Old 28-08-2007, 09:17 PM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Its a conspiracy!!!!!!!!! Dont believe it

And whilst we are at it, you should also be aware that there is in fact no such place as Australia - it is just a propaganda exercise that the british use every time they lose at sport.

Also - the Sierra cosworth really is the best car that was ever created.

JJ
Old 28-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Rab

Ive only got a magnifying glass will that do?
Old 28-08-2007, 09:19 PM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
Rab

I dont think you are taking this seriously
Old 28-08-2007, 09:22 PM
Rab

Rab

Lee, just cos you're a smurf, doesn't mean the same principle can be applied to astronomy mate. You'll need something 'bigger'

'bigger' is what everything is, compared to you.
Old 28-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Rab
Rab

Lee, just cos you're a smurf, doesn't mean the same principle can be applied to astronomy mate. You'll need something 'bigger'

Thats why i have the magnifying glass to hand, so i can find myself when getting dressed etc
Ill go try it out now......
Old 28-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Rab

Originally Posted by Rab
Rab

Thats why i have the magnifying glass to hand, so i can find myself when getting dressed etc

Lee Reynolds is..............

THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN

Old 28-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Rab
Originally Posted by Rab
Rab

Lee Reynolds is..............

THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN

I wish i was mate I need to get this belly off none of my jeans fit I aint buying all new ones
Old 28-08-2007, 10:03 PM
djmillsy
Fife Radge

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

remember watching a tv prog about it and im far from convinced i think its a cover cause they were scared the Russians would beat them
Old 28-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

the moon is radioactive so any one that did land there did not make it back in a form we would recognize it's a scam always has been
fook me the lunar module looks like something they made on blue peter
Old 28-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Mitsy FQ
the moon is radioactive so any one that did land there did not make it back in a form we would recognize it's a scam always has been
They where protective suits! Thats like saying anyone who works at sellafield doesnt go home for tea
Old 28-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

There is one piece of footage that, for me atleast, proves we went.

Filming earth inside the capsule through 2 seperate windows whilst moving about. Incredible footage.

They did go, it was a huge step, but people always critisize the 1st moon landing, why?

They landed more than once people!

Apollo 11

Apollo 12

Apollo 14

Apollo 15

Apollo 16

Apollo 17

The answer, Yes I do believe we went to the moon, on more than one occasion
Old 28-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

They where protective suits! Thats like saying anyone who works at sellafield doesnt go home for tea
you clearly know very little about radioactivity the suits they wore were about as much use as an ash tray on a motor bike.
you would get more protection from a nodder on your dick in a microwave
strange how despite current technology we aren't living there, and you can book a 2 week holiday for 2 all expenses paid through thomas cook
Old 28-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Terry Tibbs
There is one piece of footage that, for me atleast, proves we went.

Filming earth inside the capsule through 2 seperate windows whilst moving about. Incredible footage.

They did go, it was a huge step, but people always critisize the 1st moon landing, why?

They landed more than once people!

Apollo 11

Apollo 12

Apollo 14

Apollo 15

Apollo 16

Apollo 17

The answer, Yes I do believe we went to the moon, on more than one occasion
and the star ship enterprise is real and spock really does have ears like that .
seen more realistic pics on blake 7 and red dwarf

looks like martins back garden before the marco make over roflol
Old 28-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

you clearly know very little about radioactivity the suits they wore were about as much use as an ash tray on a motor bike.
you would get more protection from a nodder on your dick in a microwave
strange how despite current technology we aren't living there, and you can book a 2 week holiday for 2 all expenses paid through thomas cook
Sure you're not talking about the Van Allen belts? The suits provided were enough to withstand the moons radioactivity for atleast 3 days.

Moon Radiation:

"We really need to know more about the radiation environment on the Moon, especially if people will be staying there for more than just a few days, as the equipment will only last 2-3 days" says Harlan Spence, a professor of astronomy at Boston University.

Van Allen belts, were said to have been no problem for the space capsule as they were travelling at super speeds

Regarding the Van Allen belts, and the nature of the radiation in them, they are doughnut-shaped regions where charged particles, both protons and electrons, are trapped in the Earth's magnetic field. The number of particles encountered (flux is the technical jargon, to impress your friends!) depends on the energy of the particles; in general, the flux of high-energy particles is less, and the flux of low-energy particles is more. Very low energy particles cannot penetrate the skin of a spacecraft, nor even the skin of an astronaut. Very roughly speaking, electrons below about 1 million electron volts (MeV) are unlikely to be dangerous, and protons below 10 MeV are also not sufficiently penetrating to be a concern. The actual fluxes encountered in the Van Allen belts is a matter of great commercial importance, as communications satellites operate in the outer region, and their electronics, and hence lifetimes, are strongly affected by the radiation environment. Thus billions of dollars are at stake, never mind the Moon! The standard database on the fluxes in the belt are the models for the trapped radiation environment, AP8 for protons, and AE8 for electrons, maintained by the National Space Sciences Data Center at NASA's Goddard Spaceflight Center. Barth (1999) gives a summary which indicates that electrons with energies over 1 MeV have a flux above a million per square centimeter per second from 1-6 earth radii (about 6,300 - 38,000 km), and protons over 10 MeV have a flux above one hundred thousand per square centimeter per second from about 1.5-2.5 Earth radii (9,500 km - 16,000 km).

Then what would be the radiation dose due to such fluxes, for the amount of time an astronaut crew would be exposed? This was in fact a serious concern at the time that the Apollo program was first proposed. Unfortunately I have not located quantitative information in the time available, but my recollection is that the dose was roughly 2 rem (= 20 mSv, milli-Sievert).

The time the astronauts would be exposed is fairly easy to calculate from basic orbital mechanics, though probably not something most students below college level could easily verify. You have perhaps heard that to escape from Earth requires a speed of about 7 miles per second, which is about 11.2 km per sec. At that speed, it would require less than an hour to pass outside the main part of the belts at around 38,000 km altitude. However it is a little more complicated than that, because as soon as the rocket motor stops burning, the spacecraft immediately begins to slow down due to the attraction of gravity. At 38,000 km altitude it would actually be moving only about 4.6 km per sec, not 11.2. If we just take the geometric average of these two, 7.2 km per sec, we will not be too far off, and get about 1.5 hours for the time to pass beyond 38,000 km.

Unfortunately calculating the average radiation dose received by an astronaut in the belts is quite intricate in practice, though not too hard in principle. One must add up the effects of all kinds of particles, of all energies. For each kind of particle (electrons and protons in this situation) you have to take account of the shielding due to the Apollo spacecraft and the astronaut space suits. Here are some approximate values for the ranges of protons and electrons in aluminum:

Range in Aluminum [cm]Energy
[MeV] electrons protons
1 0.15 ~ nil
3 0.56 ~ nil
10 1.85 0.06
30 no flux 0.37
100 no flux 3.7

For electrons, the AE8 electron data shows negligible flux (< 1 electron per square cm per sec) over E=7 MeV at any altitude. The AP8 proton compilations indicates peak fluxes outside the spacecraft up to about 20,000 protons per square cm per sec above 100 MeV in a region around 1.7 Earth radii, but because the region is narrow, passage takes only about 5 min. Nevertheless, these appear to be the principal hazard.

These numbers seem generally consistent with the ~2 rem doses I recall. If every gram of a person's body absorbed 600,000 protons with energy 100 MeV, completely stopping them, the dose would be about 50 mSv. Assuming a typical thickness of 10 cm for a human and no shielding by the spacecraft gives a dose of something like 50 mSv in 300 sec due to protons in the most intense part of the belt.

For comparison, the US recommended limit of exposure for radiation workers is 50 mSv per year, based on the danger of causing cancer. The corresponding recommended limits in Britain and Cern are 15 mSv. For acute doses, the whole-body exposure lethal within 30 days to 50% of untreated cases is about 2.5-3.0 Gy (Gray) or 250-300 rad; in such circumstances, 1 rad is equivalent to 1 rem.

So the effect of such a dose, in the end, would not be enough to make the astronauts even noticeably ill. The low-level exposure could possibly cause cancer in the long term. I do not know exactly what the odds on that would be, I believe on the order of 1 in 1000 per astronaut exposed, probably some years after the trip. Of course, with nine trips, and a total of 3 X 9 = 27 astronauts (except for a few, like Jim Lovell, who went more than once) you would expect probably 5 or 10 cancers eventually in any case, even without any exposure, so it is not possible to know which if any might have been caused by the trips.
So thats that theory gone, as is the radiation on the moon?[/quote]
Old 28-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

if they had been they would know not just have a theory
it has been proven that the lunar landing shots are area 51
they daren't go today as it would unveil the cover up
Old 28-08-2007, 11:20 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

if they had been they would know not just have a theory
it has been proven that the lunar landing shots are area 51
they daren't go today as it would unveil the cover up
Plans to go again before 2020.
Old 28-08-2007, 11:23 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

exhibit A a moon rock also available from your local garden centre
Old 28-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Tbh if you disbelieve it.. watch the 2 documentaries about it. They both give the most rediculous ideas as of why it could be fake ever.

One reason the moon landings aren't fake.

Videos - show the dust moving. their argument is that it was because they shot it in slow motion and with hoists for the 'actors'. Ok so speed the movie up, unless they can create a weightless atmosphere on earth or hoist millions of pieces of select dust in the air to create the weightlessness I severely doubt they are fake.

The dust moves in an airless and low gravity way, not like anything on earth.

Seriously, research it. I was the same before I did.
Old 28-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Im going to the "Full Moon Party" - Thailand April 20th

Fuck the real moon
Old 28-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

the similarities to area 51 are astounding perhaps they used the same landscapers on the moon too lol
Old 28-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

I take it Area 51 is covered in talcum powder with stretegically placed 'craters' large and small then?

Aswell as the fact that Area 51's actual secure compound is completely flat and is majorly a runway

The area which has the 'luna' look is where they tested weapons, and is actually called area 61

http://www.tellmewhereonearth.com/We...ge_July_03.jpg

But fuck it, who cares!
Old 28-08-2007, 11:58 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

at least they didn't try and say it was made of cheese lol
Old 29-08-2007, 12:01 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

fuck me, has tony been to the moon and come back as graham s1?
Old 29-08-2007, 12:08 AM
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Spend some time on the nasa site, its mindblowing some of the stuff on there!
There are literally thousands of awesome photos on there too.

A couple of examples...

As for going to the moon, yes they did, and as already said, they are going back too.
Old 29-08-2007, 12:10 AM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Martyn You got a link to them pictures!

Please mate
Old 29-08-2007, 12:13 AM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Knock yourself out:

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/index.html
Old 29-08-2007, 12:17 AM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Cheers
Old 29-08-2007, 12:25 AM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ditto
Old 29-08-2007, 05:33 AM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Fake, the yanks are just pissed the UMPA LUMPA's got there first.
I also firmly beleive it is a fake, not just because I don't see thier craft/evidence on BUTTON MOON(is this the same moon ?) but I don't beleive they had enough technology then.
If they did go what scared the shit out of them enough NOT to go back in a hurry, did they in fact find evidence a vastly superior race ?
tabetha
ps I 100% beleive in GHOSTS and UFO's, but not this
Old 29-08-2007, 08:06 AM
jb fletch
MAD Carbon Cossie

Also where's the star's in the moon pic's ?

Can see space, but no stars ! Hmmm...... ?

Jb
Old 29-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

On another note, did they fix that 'tile' that broke on the latest mission?
Old 29-08-2007, 10:55 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Funny how space has no air/wind and the flag in the picture above is blowing about
Old 30-08-2007, 12:50 AM
Nick.
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jb fletch
Also where's the star's in the moon pic's ?

Can see space, but no stars ! Hmmm...... ?

Jb
Ive took pictures at night where you can see the stars with your eyes.. but on the pictures they don't show up..

Personally I think they went.. and I hope the plans to put a man on Mars go ahead too
Old 30-08-2007, 04:53 AM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by R5FORD

Funny how space has no air/wind and the flag in the picture above is blowing about
watch the video where it speeds up and shows you 40 minutes watching the flag. It ONLY moves when they touch it for 2 minutes getting it in the ground, after that, it stays put even when they walk right past it. As far as I know, a big heavy dude in his space suit jumping about would usually move something as light as a flag when going right past it.
Old 30-08-2007, 05:53 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Terry Tibbs
Originally Posted by R5FORD

watch the video where it speeds up and shows you 40 minutes watching the flag. It ONLY moves when they touch it for 2 minutes getting it in the ground, after that, it stays put even when they walk right past it. As far as I know, a big heavy dude in his space suit jumping about would usually move something as light as a flag when going right past it.

its all bullsh*t

the flag wouldnt move like that even when they put it in..
Old 30-08-2007, 06:47 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

has no one noticed the pole that goes along the top of the flag as well then
it's hanging like that because it's like a curtain
Old 30-08-2007, 06:49 AM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

perhaps a Pf day trip to the moon would be a good idea
Old 30-08-2007, 07:05 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

i'm sure we've got the combined 5 million hp it's going to take to break the earths gravitation force and amke it all teh way to the moon

just don't use the bb to work out the maths in case you get a critical error, out there in no air lan, it might be a bit more than just critical

Quick Reply: The moon. Have we been?