General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

My Ford parts place should take some tips. lol

Search this Thread

Old 20-05-2007, 06:46 PM
o n i o n
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah good parts people are quite hard to find, but they are so important.

The 2 at our ford garage have been with us for about 20 years each, sh1t hot they are!

The job for them is getting a bit harder for RS models as a lot of parts are now discontinued, as you know.

Most of our RS owners tend to make quite difficult customers, for parts and service, but I think thats only cause they tend to care for their cars so much.

Some RS owners think they know everything too, and thats just not possible. IMO
Old 20-05-2007, 07:54 PM
James998
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Ginge !
Ginge's big rant
Give that man a cigar, totally true.

Whilst the general consensus from the service side of things is that the parts lads are a bunch of lazy arseholes that will only do things if it directly benefits them, there are obviously exceptions to the rule, as you seem to have proved.

But when it comes down to it, our parts guys can get it done, just we seem to have the biggest employee turnover ever, so the amount of new people who seem totally inept at their jobs is absolutely shocking, pre-picking bits, for example, is apalling.

ITS A FUCKING OLD SHAPE FOCUS YOU BASTARDS.

No, we don't fit god damn pollen filters on preps.

No, it's a fucking diesel mondeo.

Wheres my sump plug washer then?

Etc.
Old 20-05-2007, 08:16 PM
rscabrio
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

ginge is wright in some ways when somebody comes in doesnt know there reg number and is to lazy to walk into the car park to look then tell you how to do your job eg... there all the same mate! when you have a screen in front of you tellingyou that there are twenty differant type of spring or mirror you do tend to get the arse
or how expensive you are when ya just been out in the pissing down with rain to fit a lousy wiper for them and they tell you how halfords is cheaper for an oil filter
so please folks pass the message on if you are going into a dealership for parts try and make it a little easier and be polite as it goes a long way in your own favour also we dont make the prices and cant make parts apear from our arses so just bear with us a little

and i try my utmost to help all my rs customers lol
Old 20-05-2007, 09:24 PM
TurboTuffy
Regular Contributor

[quote="Ginge !"]erm

close

filter is 1066071,,, close enough as your a phone boy i guess

coilpack is spot on

leak in footwell is the lack of butyl tape when they changed the pollen filter and so it leaks when you wash the car or it rains,, which is alot in this country,,, but again your a phone boy so ill let you off for that as its a service matter

focus heater problem is the leak down the loom onto the heater resistor,, cant remember the part number but when doo is onlike he will remember,, its fucking easy too , hes also got a good chance he will need a new connector section of the loom,,,, and for some reason ford also make this repair section,,,, dont know why though as its not like its a comon problem

heater valve is spot on though

oh and the oil is the EASIEST thing int he world,,, all fords apart from the old galaxy diesels use the same 5w30 semi synth as the petrol cars

so,,,, you was "ok",,, good job you work as a phone boy like me as you

would be just as shite as me on back counter
[quote="Ginge !"]

i think u should recheck my answers i think you got me mixed up

with JAMES

I got the filter correct

as for the leak in the footwell , you said what could hey have broke ?

not what was lacking

and i think i was spot on with the oil
Old 20-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote="TurboTuffy"][quote="Ginge !"]erm

close

filter is 1066071,,, close enough as your a phone boy i guess

coilpack is spot on

leak in footwell is the lack of butyl tape when they changed the pollen filter and so it leaks when you wash the car or it rains,, which is alot in this country,,, but again your a phone boy so ill let you off for that as its a service matter

focus heater problem is the leak down the loom onto the heater resistor,, cant remember the part number but when doo is onlike he will remember,, its fucking easy too , hes also got a good chance he will need a new connector section of the loom,,,, and for some reason ford also make this repair section,,,, dont know why though as its not like its a comon problem

heater valve is spot on though

oh and the oil is the EASIEST thing int he world,,, all fords apart from the old galaxy diesels use the same 5w30 semi synth as the petrol cars

so,,,, you was "ok",,, good job you work as a phone boy like me as you

would be just as shite as me on back counter
Originally Posted by Ginge !

i think u should recheck my answers i think you got me mixed up

with JAMES

I got the filter correct

as for the leak in the footwell , you said what could hey have broke ?

not what was lacking

and i think i was spot on with the oil

ok then, you all look the same on here
Old 20-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Phil
Jeebus

I've never been offered a coffee in Audi... The bastards
Old 20-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats prob cause there staff where fixing your car rather than fucking you about and offering you klix coffee hoping you wasnt smart enough to see the stalling technics