General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

FAO ALL: .::Bad Sellers::. Gold membership problem.

Search this Thread

Old 18-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Nick_RSIFEZ
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok then if the worry is that the posts will get argumentitive, (everyones's mates sticking up for one another, keep it simple)

Stu, can you not create a room that is just a poll, no option to post, one of these for each registered seller with 5 options

1. Happy with sale (transaction completed within a reasonable time-frame)
2. Not happy with sale ( not as described )
3. Not recieved quick enough
4. Never turned up
5. sale not completed and never answers phone , pm's or e-mails.

Then no posts, and appeals can be made by seller to a mod if they feel they have been dis-honestly down rated.
Old 19-11-2006, 08:36 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A feedback room would be the best option.

But allow the thread starter to choose the member from a dropdown list or something for who the feedback is for. That way, only that member can reply in the thread and thus all arguements with people butting in would not be there. Then once the buyer/seller have both had a reply (say a maximum of 2 posts each per thread) then the thread is automatically locked to stop any further correspondence about the said sale/purchase

Probably a fucker to impliment, but nay mind
Old 19-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

I think leave it as it is...

I dont think a feedback room would work as said would be just full of argueing.
Feedback like ebays gonna slow it so thats a no...

Cant see any other way. And its not passionfords fault if someone doesnt send it....its up to the individual to sort it out...when buying off the internet you take your chances if you buy off someone with hardly any posts etc....If in doubt dont buy or is poss go and pick it up rather than have it sent...
Old 20-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

BTTT
Old 20-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Pretty simple really....

If part is not sent within 2 days of sale or cheque clearing you get banned simple...no quibbling..the customer pm's a mod with there case..sorted....then if they want to resell they will have to cough up another 20 quid....hopefully lesson learnt may kick start some people..i hate having to wait for parts

Its really the only solution...if the seller has a genuine excuse you can re instate them at your descretion....i know you will say its time consumming but you are asking us what we want.
Old 20-11-2006, 09:54 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i guess having a few mods whose sole purpose is "Sales Management" would a start?

so we have a "Vouch" room, and when a sale is started, the Sales Management team are informed.

The the team are told when the money is received, and told again when the goods are sent out.

The team then append the thread with comments from buyer and seller, and also how the sale went - ie good transaction, bad transaction etc.

the comments could be emailed to the management team via way of a feedback form that goes to a central webmail email box, so that all members of the team can see it.

this would then allow a locked forum to be in place, and would avoid any infighting.
Old 20-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

Originally Posted by Bosch-Man
Pretty simple really....

If part is not sent within 2 days of sale or cheque clearing you get banned simple...no quibbling..the customer pm's a mod with there case..sorted....then if they want to resell they will have to cough up another 20 quid....hopefully lesson learnt may kick start some people..i hate having to wait for parts

Its really the only solution...if the seller has a genuine excuse you can re instate them at your descretion....i know you will say its time consumming but you are asking us what we want.
The problem is, in doing that we also remove possibly teh only link the buyer had to teh seller that actually resulted in any contect... PassionFord membership.
Old 20-11-2006, 09:56 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Surely the customer posted the money to an address There issues is not for here to bitch about...tell a mod and get them banned...if the customer had any sense he'd get a contact number too....its BUYER BEWARE.
Old 20-11-2006, 09:58 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

Surely the customer posted the money to an address There issues is not for here to bitch about...tell a mod and get them banned...if the customer had any sense he'd get a contact number too....its BUYER BEWARE.
I agree 100% but experience tells me otherwise. Ive been admin here for years now and the compliants i get from people are now into the HUNDREDS and 90% of them just paid by either BACS of Paypal and they have no clue who the person actually is, or even a phone number.

Stupidity seems to rule in the UK.

Obviously, this is NOT PF's business or fault, but it doenst stop it causing any unrest does it? And thats what we wish to avoid..
Old 20-11-2006, 10:00 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
I agree 100% but experience tells me otherwise. Ive been admin here for years now and the compliants i get from people are now into the HUNDREDS and 90% of them just paid by either BACS of Paypal and they have no clue who the person actually is, or even a phone number.

Stupidity seems to rule in the UK.
The problem here is that even when people have a phone number, they chose not to use it and instead complain on here
Old 20-11-2006, 10:04 AM
Anonymous
Banned

...well then dont worry about it...all you can do is post a sticky is the for sale stating :-

If you never had dealings with a seller ALWAYS get a land line number or mobile atleast and get a contact address if the seller is genuine he wont mind doing this....Its YOUR responsibility as to wether you trust that person....phone the number given before sending cash....pretend its a local paper!!!

We have no responsibility if you get stiffed so dont come bleating on General forum it will be locked.

BUYER BEWARE
Old 20-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

Originally Posted by SapphyMike
The problem here is that even when people have a phone number, they chose not to use it and instead complain on here
Agreed, noted it many times, and its annoyting as it is NOT a problem with PF, its a problem of stupidity in 90% of cases. People buying from folks with 2 posts to their name and having no phone number or addess, then they send them Ł500
Old 20-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Anonymous
Banned

..to add i feel you done enuff Stu...you have made sure they have to pay 20.00.....

..and BINGO i got it....

..Gold membership make sure you get a CONTACT NUMBER AND HOME ADDRESS in order to join Stu?????...Vet them to make sure they have given correct details...i am sure that would cut down the twats?
Old 20-11-2006, 10:10 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

..to add i feel you done enuff Stu...you have made sure they have to pay 20.00.....

..and BINGO i got it....

..Gold membership make sure you get a CONTACT NUMBER AND HOME ADDRESS in order to join Stu?????...Vet them to make sure they have given correct details...i am sure that would cut down the twats?
Cant do it, they pay by paypal, no other way we can vet them without literally employing somebody to do so, which of course is not happening.
Old 20-11-2006, 10:13 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

..and BINGO i got it....

Stu shouldnt have to do this. i know i've been mondo guilty of this in the past, so no one please think im being condescending, im just adding my ideas, because i would fall foul of them too in any sense!

there are good ideas on this thread, and implementable ones as well, its just how much work there is.

perhaps to really stop the problems, banning selling on here full stop?

what do you think about my sales management team idea stu? is it implementable?
Old 20-11-2006, 10:13 AM
Anonymous
Banned

..and BINGO i got it....

Cant do it, they pay by paypal, no other way we can vet them without literally employing somebody to do so, which of course is not happening.
..can you not cancel paypal and do a cheques or cash only..i dont mind them sending the cash/cheque to me and i will personaly vet them for free...if it can help as i have been stiffed on here too
Old 20-11-2006, 10:15 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Agreed, noted it many times, and its annoyting as it is NOT a problem with PF, its a problem of stupidity in 90% of cases. People buying from folks with 2 posts to their name and having no phone number or addess, then they send them Ł500
i had issues whereby people had my number, but the aggrieved decided not to use it.

even when i made sure they had my number (by pming it to them) they still ignored it.

to make amends for my slackness at the time, i was more than happy to refund anyone who wanted one as well.

but it did nark me that my number was in my sale thread for ALL to see, yet hardly anyone bothered to call me to discuss anything.
Old 20-11-2006, 10:18 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

..and BINGO i got it....

..can you not cancel paypal and do a cheques or cash only..i dont mind them sending the cash/cheque to me and i will personaly vet them for free...if it can help as i have been stiffed on here too
Not unless people wish to start sending cash overseas as i dont have anything to do with Gold Memberships and wish it to stay that way mate, its all Petrucci's side. fact is, the problem here is not PassionFord though, its stupid people isnt it? Surely? Not taking a name, address, phone number, yet sending them cash.. how ignorant can you get?
Old 20-11-2006, 10:19 AM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

Agree 100%

Having been on the receiving end of complaints myself nearly all
the public issues on here regarding myself could have been sorted out by
picking up the phone.

I know I was not always able to answer a phone call, but people never left
messages and still expected me to be a mind reader.

Will probally regret posting on this thread
Old 20-11-2006, 10:28 AM
Anonymous
Banned

..and BINGO i got it....

Not unless people wish to start sending cash overseas as i dont have anything to do with Gold Memberships and wish it to stay that way mate, its all Petrucci's side. fact is, the problem here is not PassionFord though, its stupid people isnt it? Surely? Not taking a name, address, phone number, yet sending them cash.. how ignorant can you get?

Why are we having a discussion then?...Buyers are stupid..topic closed.
Old 20-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

Why are we having a discussion then?...Buyers are stupid..topic closed.
Because EVERY TIME this happens, people jump on teh band wagon saying something should be done, And PF is blamed as though its somehow our fault... So, its time these people all gave me their brilliant ideas as to hwo we go about fixing it...
Old 20-11-2006, 10:46 AM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

Stu, following on from the suggestion of having a "Sales Management Team" in place, if we had this we could then have a system where a deal is done, and the buyer PMs a member of the team to say "yeah I've responded to such and such an advert" and then a Topic is started in a feedback room which only mods can post in, but everyone can view.

If there is already a post for that seller then they add to that one instead of starting a new one. If we could search for stuff properly on here then you could just search for a seller's name in the feedback forum before doing a deal.

Anyway, the topic is started and says something like Completion pending. When the other person recieves their goods, they inform the Sales Management Team again, and they can post up "Sale Completed, buyer happy" etc and give them a +1 on their seller rating.

If they do not get the goods then they PM the moderator, who in turn will PM the seller. If the seller fails to respond within 7 days then they get a negative and the mod posts on their topic to confirm this for people to see.

Can't see why that wouldn't be ideal. It just needs to be made clear that it is not the mods' responsibility to get hold of the seller and sort anything out. They are just a middle man.
Old 20-11-2006, 10:47 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by DogSmoke
Stu, following on from the suggestion of having a "Sales Management Team" in place, if we had this we could then have a system where a deal is done, and the buyer PMs a member of the team to say "yeah I've responded to such and such an advert" and then a Topic is started in a feedback room which only mods can post in, but everyone can view.

If there is already a post for that seller then they add to that one instead of starting a new one. If we could search for stuff properly on here then you could just search for a seller's name in the feedback forum before doing a deal.

Anyway, the topic is started and says something like Completion pending. When the other person recieves their goods, they inform the Sales Management Team again, and they can post up "Sale Completed, buyer happy" etc and give them a +1 on their seller rating.

If they do not get the goods then they PM the moderator, who in turn will PM the seller. If the seller fails to respond within 7 days then they get a negative and the mod posts on their topic to confirm this for people to see.

Can't see why that wouldn't be ideal. It just needs to be made clear that it is not the mods' responsibility to get hold of the seller and sort anything out. They are just a middle man.
Old 20-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Anonymous
Banned

...i'd be more than happy to be on a sales team as i would like to give back to PF by way of contributing time.
Old 20-11-2006, 01:01 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

had a quick read through and there are good ideas but most of them seems to have "hard work" stamped all over them
the onus should be on the people doing the deals NOT on others who have to keep checking up on people if they aren't getting thigns done
if someone scaprers with Ł500 of your money i'm not sure they'll mind a pm from a mod saying "you naughty fellow, hand over this cahps money quick sharp or it's to the banned list for you" will they

make another little room solely for feedback
not words, just ratings as in a poll, contact details and if they have full trader status or not
each person who's buying stuff can post a rating on the seller
each person who's selling can do the same for the buyer
that way you know how many times they've stiffed someone and how long they've been members etc at a glance and you don't need to have mods chasing people

the only mod this would require would be something where you could buy lots of stuff from teh same perosn, and you would want to post feedback for each transaction so there owuld have to be a way to poll more than once

i'm sure this could be doable for not much hassle, and it only needs to be done once per poster in the same sort of thing as everyone else is suggesting BUT it would be a once only posting with out any maintenace needed aferwards

loads of work in the start but once everyone knows whats going on they'll be sorted and, if you were a "trader" you could see how well your business was doing (as could others) and it can only be a good thing

any disputes can be handled offline
?
Old 20-11-2006, 01:14 PM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

problem with a seperate room is that a lot of people wouldn't look in there before buying, should imagine the easiest way was a score under the gold member badge, could be a double score, ie; 14/16 said member has sold 16 items with 14 buyers being happy.
Old 20-11-2006, 04:05 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

just link their trader account logo to the page with their stats on

you can then make up your own minds as to whether to deal with them or not

the more sales you have the more likely you are to come acros someone who will leave bad feedback, but, as been seen plently of times in regards to a certain garage at a certain motorway juntion, everyone comes here and asks "what are xyz like?" and they get honest answers

i don't think we should be holding the hands of members or even postential members through what is, as stu says, a fairly simple task of buying stuff over the internet
isn't it enough that some people pay a few quid to help run the site as it is? next thing you know you'll have us all signing a disclaimer saying that we are all over the age of 13 and submiting cbr checks
Old 20-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Anonymous
Banned

...this is so old news now...its final...buyers are stupid idiots
Old 20-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

...this is so old news now...its final...buyers are stupid idiots
Old 20-11-2006, 08:45 PM
radiant red
Advanced PassionFord User

Well maybe this thread alone has made people think and will hopefully get the buyers to not leave them selfs wide open to thieving or time wasting muppets.

I personally agree with the 2 strikes and your out as its simple enough.

Perhaps a small team of mod's could be generated to deal with the complaints??
Old 21-11-2006, 05:10 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

What about a Star system by the avatar?? 1-5 according to how many sales are made. It could surely be worked out as a percentage?

ie good versus bad? Each good sale gets you a gold star from 1-5. Each bad sale takes away one gold star and replaces it for a silver one.

So as a newbie you get 5 silver. Do 1 good deal it goes to gold and so on upwards until you get 5 gold and become a Star trader!. If you do crap sale or let people down, then you will always stay silver.

Not sure ho it could be coded etc but you wanted ideas
Old 21-11-2006, 11:55 PM
SPADGE
15K+ Super Poster!!

The site that i use a lot now has a feedback room/forum
Basicly if your happy with a deal you can leave feedback/comments for that person. Each person only has one thread so it doesn't get confusing! On the flip side if your unhappy about dealings with someone you can leave negative feedback about them also but no bullshit or arguing the toss just facts! If something gets sorted then the thread is locked if both parties consent.
This all seems to work very well and isn't complicated.
Old 22-11-2006, 12:39 AM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SPADGE
Basicly if your happy with a deal you can leave feedback/comments for that person. Each person only has one thread so it doesn't get confusing! On the flip side if your unhappy about dealings with someone you can leave negative feedback about them also but no bullshit or arguing the toss just facts! If something gets sorted then the thread is locked if both parties consent.
Old 22-11-2006, 06:47 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

Whilst in principal i agree this isnt a bad idea at all, how many members do they have? It wouldnt be much fun with 10,000 posts would it? And PHP cant do any kind of alphabetical sort or anything like that...
Old 22-11-2006, 08:07 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Stu only Gold members can sell....so each user that wishs to leave feed back sets up a new post on that individual...then others who buy from that user simply contribute in that thread or start a new one if person not already listed It wouldnt take long to establish who to avoid..leave a sticky at the top of the sale rooms as well to remind people to create/leave feedback
Old 22-11-2006, 08:12 AM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

My idea's best. USE IT.
Old 22-11-2006, 08:48 AM
SPADGE
15K+ Super Poster!!

Whilst in principal i agree this isnt a bad idea at all, how many members do they have? It wouldnt be much fun with 10,000 posts would it? And PHP cant do any kind of alphabetical sort or anything like that...

14,758 members mate and no gold membership so all 14,758 can buy and sell stuff! You arn't going to get that many people use it on a daily basis so it would be easy for a mod to keep an eye on it.
Old 22-11-2006, 10:32 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

Could well be worth a try.
Old 22-11-2006, 11:14 AM
s1kid
PassionFord Regular

All my posts have disepeared for telling the truth seems strange this is a public forum and people should be abel to warn other users that there are untrust worthy people are tradeing car parts on this site!

Many Thanks

Martin
Old 22-11-2006, 11:19 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Administrator

Originally Posted by s1kid
All my posts have disepeared for telling the truth seems strange this is a public forum and people should be abel to warn other users that there are untrust worthy people are tradeing car parts on this site!

Many Thanks

Martin
Read again and try hard to lose the paranoia.

All the OFF TOPIC posts have been removed along with any arguing, yours and quite a few other peoples. If you wish to make a topic about anything related directly to PF sales and membership, go ahead and do so, nobody is stopping you, but dont go trying to ruin my topic with it and then come on here with accusations.

Quick Reply: FAO ALL: .::Bad Sellers::. Gold membership problem.