General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

ring leader in stolen rs cosworths and turbo's please read

Search this Thread

Old 16-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dave cos4x4

i think thats why theft has slowed down a lot from years ago.
Sorry Dave, I disagree. Thefts are on the up, in the last 3 months on RSOC bb alone there has been 16 thefts posted about. Probably the same on ScoobyNet and MLR.
Old 16-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave - you want a 2nd chance, being a scouser an all that
Old 16-09-2006, 11:23 AM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

WTF is everyone dancing around the issue for

This thread seems to be being suggesting that there's people still operating in the trade that once stole cars in the 90's??

If this is the case then why are people keeping quiet, I for one would like to know so I could avoid dealing with them.. and I'm sure most decent people would.

Couldn't give a shite if they are reformed, don't really wanna line the pockets of some twat that was the cause of me struggling to insure a decent car in the 90's
Old 16-09-2006, 11:30 AM
starturbo
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Graceland
Being a scouser I find that kind of comment really boring.I get that crap everywhere I go and sadly people think they are really funny and original.NOT.If I had a quid for every time Ive seen or heard it I would be rich.
Old 16-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Redkop

Originally Posted by jameswrx
Let Paul at North Yorks tell you, he opened this can of worms trying to be clever

This thread seems to be being suggesting that there's people still operating in the trade that once stole cars in the 90's??
It's only you that thinks that.

If this is the case then why are people keeping quiet, I for one would like to know so I could avoid dealing with them.. and I'm sure most decent people would.

Couldn't give a shite if they are reformed, don't really wanna line the pockets of some twat that was the cause of me struggling to insure a decent car in the 90's
I doubt very much if it affected you....
Old 16-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Originally Posted by starturbo
Being a scouser I find that kind of comment really boring.I get that crap everywhere I go and sadly people think they are really funny and original.NOT.If I had a quid for every time Ive seen or heard it I would be rich.
Was the joke for you? NO. Keep out of what isn't for you Dave is a bloody good mate of mine, and If we wish to have a bit of banter between ourselves, then we will.
Old 16-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Mark_w
Advanced PassionFord User

Quote:

It's only you that thinks that. 'quote'

Thats how i saw it aswell james,if they are still operating i dont want to give them any money

mark
Old 16-09-2006, 11:51 AM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Redkop, what's all the rolleyes thing and "I doubt that affected you" stuff all about then?

More riddles

I had 2 cosworths in the 90's so how would it not affect me?
Old 16-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Redkop
Let Paul at North Yorks tell you, he opened this can of worms trying to be clever

is it someone you use by anychance redkop???

and its not only him who thinks that as you can obvously see in this thread
Old 16-09-2006, 12:01 PM
starturbo

Originally Posted by starturbo
Was the joke for you? NO. Keep out of what isn't for you Dave is a bloody good mate of mine, and If we wish to have a bit of banter between ourselves, then we will.
are we all supposed to know you are good mates?I see what I think is a scouser getting a slagging so I jump in.I get it every day.
Old 16-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Redkop

Originally Posted by Daviet
Originally Posted by Redkop

is it someone you use by anychance redkop???

and its not only him who thinks that as you can obvously see in this thread
Ask Paul at North Yorks if you want an answer, he brought the subject up! Let's see if he has the guts to follow through his can of worms.
Old 16-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we all hear rumors about car thefts

now not being funny but i couldnt give a shite if you nicked cars and then reformed, your still a car theif UNLESS they gave the inocent people there cars back when they was caught

i fucking doubt that

so lets see if its true i guess

i got told that martin hadland was a car theif in the early 90s, the person who told me is rather respected and tbh thats why i dont get involved with him

now id like to know if this was bollocks or not as this rumor is a reason why i dotn bother with him and when i ask people everyone seems to skate around the issue and so i would like to know on here if this is true or not

now i am prob a little more sore about this having lost a car ive spunked 10k on over the last 18months for another car theif to steal and i can promise you that i wont appriciate everyonne knowing if a local person nicked my car and then 5 years later hes working on another one of my cars, so for that reason im asking on here if its true

if its false please also say it as its a fucking big rumor in the rs game thats fucking unfair to a bloke whos made such a achivement in the RS game and we need to know that theres sad jellous people who di anything to make a hard working man look a tosser\

reason i dont belive the rumor though is that another person said that martin hadland and steve scott where both partners in car thefts

thats the reason why i do think its just shite wanky chinese whispers

but lets hear the fact and then let us chose if we wanna use reformed criminals to work on our cars

must admit i used to think that all breakers where organised car ringing groups when i first got in the game but i can promise you that pete will not accept hot gear in his place and infact is more against it than most people,,,,, and its not like me and pete are mates he just never found me making a joke about it years ago when i called him once and asked for bent gear thats going cheep ( btw i never actually wanted bent gear, it was just i have a habit in saying jokes that go a little far and not everyone apprciates )

so lets solve the rs myths
Old 16-09-2006, 12:28 PM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

why should peaple get a second chance no bloody way there
scum if thay steal your car,, at the end of the day if you was
nicking motors in the past i hope yours gets done and burnt
end of you will know what its like to get your own done then

for a matter of fact this post has made me think that there are
members of this site that have contacts with others on getting
cars to order im leave my fooking mouth shut here before things
go out of hand.
Old 16-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by mark rs
Quote:

mark

yes i put this up so members could see or have an idea that there rs is being stolen from an area i was told but now its showing that there is
some on here from the past that steal rs's
Old 16-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well said bal

and some people blame the security at national day and other shows for the car thefts maybe its the same person that stole the cars back in the 90's thats trying to steal them now can a leopard change its spots ??
Old 16-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ginge remember the post you put about your motor going missing
a few of us thought it was someone of this site still make's me think
Old 16-09-2006, 12:39 PM
STUCOS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

These 90's car thieves are god to some ppl these days

cheeRS stu
Old 16-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Anonymous
Banned

I think this topic needs to be getting deleted.

I dont think its good for this board if people start posting up rumours of what they think has or hasnt happened with certain people

The truth is that LOTS of people in and around the cossie scene have a past that is tainted, some of which is public knowledge and some of which isnt, and i dont think that a thread on this forum is the place to try and start an inquest.

It will end up full of partly truth and partly non-truth and will be of no use to anyoen reading it as they wont know which bits are true or not.
Old 16-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by chip-3door

I dont think its good for this board if people start posting up rumours of what they think has or hasnt happened with certain people

The truth is that LOTS of people in and around the cossie scene have a past that is tainted, some of which is public knowledge and some of which isnt, and i dont think that a thread on this forum is the place to try and start an inquest.

It will end up full of partly truth and partly non-truth and will be of no use to anyoen reading it as they wont know which bits are true or not.
well siad as i can see it turning to shit
Old 16-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well said Chip.. all this thread serves to do is spread rumours to people who dont actually know the rumours in the first place.

This will then get passed on in the pub tonight or over MSN and more people will know these rumours and eventually the chinease whisper style of these rumours will result in even more utter bollocks being spouted out.

Jake
Old 16-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Ian M

chip, if it gets deleted now it will not give the two people who have been named an opportunity to refute the allegations. and that isnt fair on them.
Old 16-09-2006, 12:50 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ian M
chip, if it gets deleted now it will not give the two people who have been named an opportunity to refute the allegations. and that isnt fair on them.
excactly as both post on here and could easily end all rumours
Old 16-09-2006, 12:54 PM
Anonymous
Banned

So you think its ok for threads like this to exist and for people to make accusations and others then to have to defend themselves etc?

I think it would be better if passionford made a policy decision just not to allow these sort of threads cause they will NOT bring any good to the forum, all its ever going to do is be a complete row and loads of people spreading rumours etc and others saying otherwise etc, its just not what the forum is about.

Fair enough if something new happens and its accuraetly reported, like next week you get convicted of car theft and the details are on the bbc site and someone links to it as a source of recent facts then thats relevent to the scene, but dragging up 10 year old rumours or whatever to me just smacks of a can of worms thats no good for anyone.
Old 16-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

why shoulld they who ever it is if its in there past the so it is past they have done bird ect then thats it and if whoever it is is still active there hardly guna broadcast it on here are they
Old 16-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I would also say do you really think these people have the time to come on here and defend themselves to a bunch of people they dont know from the "internet" when everyone is clearily more informed and knows better.

All it would end up in is a 100 page thread.

Best of deleted a long way before it gets out of hand.

Jake
Old 16-09-2006, 12:58 PM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i put this up to give members a chance on knowing where the car ringers are but other's decide to bring up other members past now im getting worried about who is or who isnt a car thief on here this site is now
starting to tel me that there is some on here that steal our motors

what you know or what you hear in the past keep to yorself as said it's
getting unfair on other's that have done no wrong
Old 16-09-2006, 12:58 PM
SimonT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Surley the past is the past and things should be left there?
Old 16-09-2006, 01:01 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Daviet
excactly as both post on here and could easily end all rumours

I just dont think rumours should be on here in the first place.

Like me for example, i hate disucssing my current fight with anorexia, so wouldnt want others bringing it up on here.

Seriously though im sure there are things you might not want to discuss on a public forum too, ive had untrue rumours spread about me before and didnt find any pleasure in having to discuss them to disprove them so why should people have to defend themselves in the first place, its bad enough in real life but i really dont think it should ever need to happen on a moderated forum?
Old 16-09-2006, 01:04 PM
Ian M

So you think its ok for threads like this to exist and for people to make accusations and others then to have to defend themselves etc?

I think it would be better if passionford made a policy decision just not to allow these sort of threads cause they will NOT bring any good to the forum, all its ever going to do is be a complete row and loads of people spreading rumours etc and others saying otherwise etc, its just not what the forum is about.

Fair enough if something new happens and its accuraetly reported, like next week you get convicted of car theft and the details are on the bbc site and someone links to it as a source of recent facts then thats relevent to the scene, but dragging up 10 year old rumours or whatever to me just smacks of a can of worms thats no good for anyone.
dont assume you know what i think. but for the record no i do not think this type of thing is good for anyone.

however someone has named others and lots of people have read it, if it was to be deleted, those that have read it may think there is truth in the allegations. if i had been named and did not have the chance to say it was a load of rubbish i would be fuming as i am sure you would.
Old 16-09-2006, 01:04 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

sorry chip but i for one am interested in knowing what the truth is

i personally find it hard to belive these rumors BUT i have been told em alot and also notice when its mentioned everyone seems to want to hide the info

you may or may not know if its true, but ive noticed you havent defended or even mentioned its more likly bollox,,,,, and your not one for being tactfull on situations

chip you had your lock up broken into, would you not like to know of your dealing with a person who potentially could steal your car

if there legends dont mean they can cancel out all bad they may have done unless they sorted the poor fuckers who lost lots of cash and dont forget the feeling how people feel afterwards

im selling my fucking flat cause i dont like looking out my window and seeing what is np longer there, yes its prob stupid but the fact it i walk past the same space everyday and see this and i feel down about it

as a result im going to be spending a extra 40k on a new place that has a drive and have to pay over 6k in legal fees and stamp duty all cause my fucking car got stolen on a truck

if i found it wa a member of this forum or a person who i have even spoken to i will be removing 30k from there fucking lives even if its from there familys

sorry but we can not defend any people who made mistakes unless they payed for there mistakes and i dont mean 18 fucking months inside, ive got a mate who done longer for punching a bloke who started the issue

id also like to know it was all bollocks as even though i laugh about it i still do ahve a huge doubt and as a result i would never tell people to use em and explain my reason,,,,, that dont help rumors i can tell ya
Old 16-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Rs Baz
i put this up to give members a chance on knowing where the car ringers are but other's decide to bring up other members past now im getting worried about who is or who isnt a car thief on here this site is now
starting to tel me that there is some on here that steal our motors

what you know or what you hear in the past keep to yorself as said it's
getting unfair on other's that have done no wrong
Personally mate- I'd have kept the info to myself anyways...

You've heard there is a prevelant gang of people targetting these cars etc.. take the info to the police..

You start spouting off on the internet it wouldn't take much to track down who you are and you'd end up with a visit.

Car crime is quite obviously big business otherwise it wouldn't be so organised and therfore you could potentially be messing with the lively hoods of criminals- yes thats good in theory but not if you end up getting beat up for your trouble..

Jake
NB- I am in no way related to car theft or anything of the sort and there are no hidden messages in this post for all you conspiricy theorists.
I am just stating what my peronsal thoughts are on this thread.
Old 16-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

right who on here has
1/ brought something off the back of a lorry threw the back door classed as recieving stolen goods

2/ brought pirate dvds classed as fraud and thieving

3/nicked a flashing road sign or road cone on the way home pissed

4/ nicked somthing when a child i.e chocolate ect

5/ brought car bits ebay/shows/ ect never give it a thought where its come from

in a laws eyes thieving is thieving and my point is sum cunt has broke the law sometime or other nobody is white just leave it be
Old 16-09-2006, 01:11 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by SimonT
Surley the past is the past and things should be left there?
would you feel that if you sister was dating a kiddy fiddler,,,, hes done bird so its ok surely ???

would you feel better about not knowing your neighbour used to kill small children, would you like him to baby sit yours if your not informed ????

sorry but if a garage does wrong things and then moves onto the good things in life,,,,,, with a result of OTHERS hard work i can get over that, the whole " leave it in the past" i dont get, ive done loads of things i no longer do, ill never keep it secret from anyone as ive never done anything that bad that im ashamed of

why should others who have done worse than me be allowed to let things lie

if it was anyone else then we would have no problems doing it, if i nicked cars when i was 15 im sure you lot would like to know before you spent some money with me,,,,,, or is that different ?

if this thread does get deleted i think it just proves that there is more than rumors as im now starting to think it really really is true
Old 16-09-2006, 01:11 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Shings
I would also say do you really think these people have the time to come on here and defend themselves to a bunch of people they dont know from the "internet" when everyone is clearily more informed and knows better.

All it would end up in is a 100 page thread.

Best of deleted a long way before it gets out of hand.

Jake
Indeed and if someone was found to have had so much as been found guilty of buying one stolen door handle when they naively trusted someone else to sell them it or something stupid like that then the PF "hang them high" brigade would then make out they were the worlds worst criminals ever and should be banned from the site etc.

They would have to post over and over and over again about that door handle, and how they didnt realise it was stolen but can see now they should have asked more questions and fair enough they go caught for it and they have doen their time etc etc etc

It REALLY wouldnt be of any value to the site, cause who has or hasnt got some minor offence somewhere along the lines has bugger all to do with who the real criminals are, i certainly know of people in the car scene guilty of some MAJOR crimes that have never been convicted of anything.
Old 16-09-2006, 01:17 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by b19bal
chip you had your lock up broken into, would you not like to know of your dealing with a person who potentially could steal your car

Yes mate i would, but i dont think that wether or not a few people on the internet think they know about what someone did or didnt do 10 years ago based on if they did or didnt get their knuckles slapped for something is really identifying the threat to me TBH mate.

I would personally be surprised if the person who broke into my mate's lockup (and cost me 20 grand, so its not like im not a victim here or dont want people who do this punished ) had any sort of conviction anyway, normally by the time people have gone inside and come back out and started up a reputable business and turned their back on crime that would probably make them the least likely people to cause me any problems in the future as they have so much more to lose than anyone else then surely?
So i dont think if this thread continues with rumours about loads of people (there are rumours floating around about MANY people in this scene not just the rumours you have heard) that naming and shaming them (im not saying thats the case with the people here, its nothing to do with me) 10 years later is any use to me at all, in fact probably the opposite!
Old 16-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by jaycos
right who on here has
1/ brought something off the back of a lorry threw the back door classed as recieving stolen goods

in a laws eyes thieving is thieving and my point is sum cunt has broke the law sometime or other nobody is white just leave it be

mate ive broken the law a fuckking lot in my time, at NO POINT has my breaking the law been to profit from someone elses financial loss

even when i was younger and i bought stolen gear from shops it was from a faceless party as such, i would NEVER buy stolen gear thats been nicked from cars/houses ect as some people are not financialy well off as me and if someone stolen a tv off some of my mates it could take them another year of there life to pay for it

my cossie would take 2 years of me saving to buy another one, thats 2 fucking years of my life they have stolen,,,,, now dont get me wrong i can afford to buy another one this afternoon, in a few weeks i can buy a fucking fleet and when my old man pops his clogs from the sale of his house ill be able to buy with my share 2 lambos and a few cossies as runbaouts, not to mention the financial gain my missus is gonna get when her father dies

but the reality is not everyone is as fortunate as me and others, some have to honestly work hard for there cash,,,, i have a morgage less than i would say 70% of the members on here and i also have no other debts apart from the grand i owe xrt-si

for me to get another cossie and not loose the way i live my life would take 2 years,,,,, is that fair that in 10 years time that same person who caused me that much issue in my life gets allowed to be forgiven without paying back the people he fucked over,,,, i would never forgive who nicked my car unless i got 30k of em,,,, serious when i say that to cause im moving fucking house over it and belive it or not i actually like where i live
Old 16-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by jaycos
right who on here has

mate ive broken the law a fuckking lot in my time, at NO POINT has my breaking the law been to profit from someone elses financial loss

even when i was younger and i bought stolen gear from shops it was from a faceless party as such, i would NEVER buy stolen gear thats been nicked from cars/houses ect as some people are not financialy well off as me and if someone stolen a tv off some of my mates it could take them another year of there life to pay for it
You naive twat!

You dont think that shop owners or employees who lose their job when the shop goes bankrupt etc are people too?

Theft is theft and someone ALWAYS loses out, the fact you cant see them or dont know them doesnt make it any better IMHO
Old 16-09-2006, 01:26 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

well i aint gonna comment further on this, i just wanted to know if one of my cossie heros is no better than micheal jackson or gary glitter

as thats how i would class them if it was true

selling drugs to people who ask for them isnt a crime btw imo,,,,, the government sell drugs all the fucking time, if they monitored it better i doubt there would be soo much crime as theres no need to pay 50 quid a gram or 30 quid a rock, make em legal and educated people, when have you even seen a drunk break into a house for there fix,,,, its rare as the ones with the real addictive natures who cant be helped tend to die quite soon

i had a drug problem and i managed not to steal to fund it,,,,, if it was legalised i would have either not bothered as the image wouldnt have been there to try it or would have got alot worse than 400 quid a week habbit and died of heart failure not long after i turned 21
Old 16-09-2006, 01:27 PM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well said chip
Old 16-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well i aint gonna comment further on this, i just wanted to know if one of my cossie heros is no better than micheal jackson or Gary glitter

as thats how i would class them if it was true

selling drugs to people who ask for them isnt a crime btw imo,,,,, the government sell drugs all the fucking time, if they monitored it better i doubt there would be soo much crime as theres no need to pay 50 quid a gram or 30 quid a rock, make em legal and educated people, when have you even seen a drunk break into a house for there fix,,,, its rare as the ones with the real addictive natures who cant be helped tend to die quite soon

i had a drug problem and i managed not to steal to fund it,,,,, if it was legalised i would have either not bothered as the image wouldnt have been there to try it or would have got alot worse than 400 quid a week habbit and died of heart failure not long after i turned 21
Thats completely off topic BUT I agree to a certain extent if these things were legalised it would take a lot of the glamour and crime out of it....
And its another way of taxing people..

but it will NEVER happen..

Quick Reply: ring leader in stolen rs cosworths and turbo's please read