General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

why do people lie about descriptions of there property

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default why do people lie about descriptions of there property

seriously pissed off here, finding it a mare to buy a half decent property that aint over priced for what im paying

and it dont help when estate agents or sellers miss discribe property

went to look at a 3 bedroom ex authority HOUSE in south east london tonight

ITS A FUCKING GROUND FLOOR FLAT ON A 5 FLOOR BLOCK OF FLATS IN A FUCKING COUNCIL FUCKING ESTATE,,,,,, THATS NOT A FUCKING HOUSE YOU MORON,,,, UNLESS YOU OWN THE OTHER 5 FUCKING FLOORS ABOUT AND EVEN THEN YOUR STILL ON A FUCKING COUNCIL ESTATE !!!!

property is a fucking pisstake, i sold my place in 5 days when i mentioned for a joke if i could get what my neighbour was asking i would live inna box, ive sold it for that yet i cant buy a place unless i spend MORE MONEY AND HAVE A SMALLER FUCKING PLACE TO LIVE

i fucking hate the property game big time now, was fun when i earned a nice return in 3 years,,,,, no fucking use as ive gotta spend MORE,,, infact its fucking pointless

anyway rant over,,, just wasted 10 quid in fuel to veiw a front door and no even bother to pop in for a coffee,,,, infact i was gonna charge the cunt fuel

maybe im being to tight but if im gonna spend a extra 2 hours a day traveling to work then i dont wanna pay more fucking money for a place to live
Old 06-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Csm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

just been through all of this shite myself

flats advertised as 2 double rooms and is it holy fuck

its a 1 bedroomed flat with a huge larder/walk in cupbourd converted to a room and was fookin tiny

rogue fucks
Old 06-09-2006, 10:25 PM
OldSkoolRS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has taken me ages to find the house I want, and now the fella who is selling it is being a right

Bal, where in SE London were you looking?
Old 06-09-2006, 10:26 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

to be fair this " house" was a large size and a good price ,,,, but it was on a estate that looked like fucking broadwater farm before they revamped it,,, was a fuckin shite hole

the "drive" was a fucking front garden with paving slabs laied down and a fucking CHAIN to show it as off road

all for a price of 170k,,,,,, NOW its on a council estate,,,,,, whats council estarte rent like,,,,, 50 quid na week,,,,,, why would i wanna pay more than that when its only gonna be a fucking lease ect

seriously estate agents should only be allowed to sell properties they WOULD live in for a year,,,, if not then they cant sell em

and theres no 200k houses for sale anywhere,,,,,, ive looked,,,, they are all 150k houses selling for 200k, no difference apart from the agents and the price

buy a property mag too and you will also notice that the places in there available are all the shite no fooker wants

im starting to think its a sellers market at the moment
Old 06-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Doug
Advanced PassionFord User

At the end of the day its about getting a sale end of
Bullshit or not if it entises you into viewing it with the possibility of a purchase joberoo done !

Regards Doug .
Old 06-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Rippers
Monte Geek

Report the agent as thats a blatent Property Misdescription
Old 06-09-2006, 10:31 PM
OldSkoolRS

So where was it then Bal?
Old 06-09-2006, 10:31 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by OldSkoolRS
It has taken me ages to find the house I want, and now the fella who is selling it is being a right

Bal, where in SE London were you looking?
im looking almost anywhere BUT it has to be a place worth buying to me,,, im not into the " i own my own home" bollox

just i wanna buy a place that is bigger than what i got and in a quieter area, dont have that bad transport as such and if im gonna spend 10 hours a week comuting compared to my flat thats 10 mins from any part of central london then i expect not to pay much more than my fucking morgage now

i even looked at luton as i could sell up and not have a morgage,,,,,, but fuck me its a rot box

at this rate i would even accept having thrush as a neighbour,,,, im almost that desperate

the first fucking house we looked as was perfect compared top the rest but we wanted a few days to think about it,,,,,, now the cunt is sold,,,,, all the rest have been worse tbh too

theres a almost nice place in brixton i can afford but again,,,,,,,, why move from finsbury park to brixton,,,,, may aswell stay here and pay my 200 quid morgage,,,, i am in zone 2 ffs
Old 06-09-2006, 10:32 PM
Rippers
Monte Geek

Originally Posted by b19bal
seriously estate agents should only be allowed to sell properties they WOULD live in for a year,,,, if not then they cant sell em

and theres no 200k houses for sale anywhere,,,,,, ive looked,,,, they are all 150k houses selling for 200k, no difference apart from the agents and the price

buy a property mag too and you will also notice that the places in there available are all the shite no fooker wants

Unfortunally I'm struggling for property at the moment.. nearly sold everything on my books last month

Deff a sellers market in my area.. thinking of moving again myself and taking the piss with my asking price
Old 06-09-2006, 10:33 PM
OldSkoolRS

You not fancy moving out to the sticks?
Old 06-09-2006, 10:36 PM
Rippers
Monte Geek

Just a note.. best time of year to buy is in slower periods like mid Nov till mid Jan when it slows down for chrimbo.. the only prob is there will be less choice..

Deffinalty a lack of houses, I even had a 'Gazump' rear its ugly head this week, fortunally the vendor told them where to stick it
Old 06-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

So where was it then Bal?
kidbrook, theres a member on this site that has a nice house there and i really like the area,,, there a large park on a long road that drives to his house

now i know at the other side of the fucking park theres the worlds largest council fucking estate that took me 15 mins to drive round !!!!!!,,,,, it goes under that fucking bridge where that whith restrition is too

someone tell me is a ground floor flat a house ????

apart from the garden and the stairs and being on the floor i cant see how they can argue its a house

and you would have thought they would have mentioned " its in a nice location close to railway station and 2 doors down from dave the drug dealer who also is open 24hours and has the best rocks this side of lewisham

the fact i asked was it really kidbrook or just your version of kidbrook and inactual fact is lewisham,,,,, or fucking furter pretending to be lewisham they said,,,, nope its deffo kidbrook,,,,, theyh seemed to miss the its deffo kidbrook fucking estate and covers 2/3rds of kidbrook
Old 06-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Rippers
Monte Geek

Sounds like a 'split level maisonette' deffo not a house thou
Old 06-09-2006, 10:42 PM
OldSkoolRS

My mate is from Kidbrook, moved out in his teens and said its a fooking shite hole (in his opinion). Only time I've been there is passing through on the train, n I've seen it on Jamie's school dinners!

Waht about Greenwich?
Old 06-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Paul Ripley
Originally Posted by b19bal

Unfortunally I'm struggling for property at the moment.. nearly sold everything on my books last month

Deff a sellers market in my area.. thinking of moving again myself and taking the piss with my asking price

ive sold my place to 3 people,,, not kidding there 3 people who cant afford anywhere in zone 2 and mine location wise is prime and perfect being over ground and victoria line underground ect

i personally think the price is bollocks as when we bought the place we onl got it as it was cheeper than renting and we had no chance to rent so got this as the only hope we had of moving out,, was a accident rather than a jump on the ladder

why cant people stop borrowing soo fucking much money and realise that theres mor to live than investing in empty economy

sell for 130k profit,,,, but i need to extend my morgage by a min of 50k to buy another place,,,,, where my fucking profit then
Old 06-09-2006, 10:46 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Paul Ripley
Sounds like a 'split level maisonette' deffo not a house thou
no its a 5 FUCKING FLOOR COUNCIL ESTATE BUT THE PROPERTY IS IN THE LOCATION WHERE YOU TV AND DVD ECT GET ROBBED WHEN YOU GO ON HOLIDAY

I SHOULD KNOW I FUCKING GREW UP ON ONE OF THE ROUGHEST COUNCIL ESTATES IN ISLINGTON

THE MISSUS DIDNT EVEN WANNA STOP AND SAID KEEP DRIVING BEFORE WE GET SHOT AT

ITS WORSE THAT LUTON FFS,,,,,, THAT WAS A NICE HOUSE TO BE FAIR,,,,, JUST A CRAP AREA,,,,

INFACT I MAY CALL EM AND SEE IF ITS STILL FOR SALE
Old 06-09-2006, 10:51 PM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

have you tried fish

http://fishforhomes.movehomeonline.co.uk/
Old 06-09-2006, 10:55 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

135k for a terraced house in yorkshire,,,,,,,,, 5 years ago that would have bought you fucking emerdale

when i was 21 in was gonna buy a 2 bed house in newton aycliffe for 35k FREE FUCKING HOLD !!!

i decided to buy in london instead for 80k in archway, a rough area with pontential,,,,,, well it was cheep,,,,, my old flat is worth more than my fuicking flat now

my flat now was cheeper, its smaller and ive still done alright as far as selling up and living back at my parents goes

but for buying again,,,,,, ITS FUCKING CRAP
Old 07-09-2006, 02:15 AM
slowpoke
PassionFord Post Whore!!

me and the missus are discussing buying somewhere next year,

this mortgage thing is bollocks, ive got a big loan for another 4 years yet so might have to spread that out to reduce the payments somewhat

dunno what the hell i clicked on but i did a mortgage checker thing

put in a house of 115 grand and they said repayments of 700 a month - now is this right ??? seems a fookin lot and if that is right it looks like were gonna have to rent somewhere for the first couple of years

i spose it all depends if i can spread this loan out a bit

matt
Old 07-09-2006, 06:20 AM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by slowpoke
i did a mortgage checker thing put in a house of 115 grand and they said repayments of 700 a month - now is this right ??? seems a fookin lot and if that is right it looks like were gonna have to rent somewhere for the first couple of years
My mortgage is for £100k over 20 years on a repayment and is £697.27p

So that figure is about right.

Steve.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:05 AM
Rolls
PassionFord Post Troll

My mate is from Kidbrook, moved out in his teens and said its a fooking shite hole (in his opinion). Only time I've been there is passing through on the train, n I've seen it on Jamie's school dinners!

Waht about Greenwich?
Yep, Kidbrook is a shite hole - very nice if you want to wear a stab vest the whole time.... - and Greenwich will be a fair few more £££ i'd have thought....
Although, if you move over this way Ginge, i'll have to move further afield!
Old 07-09-2006, 08:32 AM
AlexD
Post Miester !

We must have looked at 30+ houses before we bought ours.

Its a nightmare , Sometimes we would just turn up, get out the
car and get straight back in ..

They will try to sell you anything..

I bet you have had the " this one is a little over your price range, but have a
look anyway ".... the you love it but cant afford it ..

Al....
Old 07-09-2006, 08:41 AM
graeme
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

any time you guys want to swap morgages you can have my half a mill one
Old 07-09-2006, 10:38 AM
S1

Originally Posted by graeme
any time you guys want to swap morgages you can have my half a mill one
If thats AUD's then it's only 200K GBP. However if its GBP then sod that!
Old 07-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

think my mortgage is 100k over 35 years and repayment is £550 ish