Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Cosworth 2WD ECU Repair

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 08:48 PM
dwalsh
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cosworth 2WD ECU Repair

Hi All, Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. My car has had an intermittent fault as in slight lumpy when hitting the throttle at times. I put it down to a bad plug or lead.I replaced all plugs, leads and cap but again the same was happening. Then today while out driving the car goes dead on cylinder 1. I checked and spark present but no signal to No1 injector. I checked wiring between ecu an injector and all is good. This leads me to a fault in the signal from ecu to No1 injector. Does anyone have any experience of similar faults or does anyone recommend a good place to get the ECU repaired at a reasonable price.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:00 PM
steppy
PassionFord Regular

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I had the same problem with my L8 ecu but it was cylinder 2 and 3, it was the injector driver transistors iirc
Old 09-07-2017, 06:03 AM
timster
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a similar problem to yours with no.1 injector turning off after a few miles of driving. I used the ecu doctor, think he's on the south coast
Old 28-07-2017, 05:19 AM
OZkaGas
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.geocities.jp/dmxbd452/lancia.html