Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Under Headlight Trim Panel - Sierra Sapphire

Search this Thread

Old 23-05-2017, 11:46 AM
Jack and the Beanstalk
Regular Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Under Headlight Trim Panel - Sierra Sapphire

Hi Ladies and Gents

My sapphs headlight trim panel, the strip under and between the headlight and the bumper has suffered some damage to both ends.

The mounting holes and small bits of the end have broken off. I want to try and repair the ends with a bit of ABS plastic but I don't know how big or long to make it.

I know that it curves slightly at the end and the plate where the mounting holes are angled but I'm going to attempt to repair anyway.

Please I need some dimensions from a willing person to advise me on.

Also I'm putting headlight wipers on and want to drill the halfmoon where the headlight motor shaft passes the trim panel. Mine is closed off like the pic below but can be opened. I need hole diameter and also is it centered or off center?

This Pic is taken from the internet and I've added the comments

Note: On mine the mounting plates have broken off and the ends have sheared off as far back at the perpendicular or horizontal end.

The fingers I'm going to have steel ones made for where it locks into the underside of the headlight.

Please let me know

Cheers
Old 10-08-2017, 08:11 PM
Jack and the Beanstalk
Regular Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi

​​​​​​ batteling to get a replacement, so may restort to getting this repaired. Can anyone help me with getting the dimensions where required?

Cheers 🍻
Old 10-08-2017, 09:26 PM
cossynut2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 393 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack and the Beanstalk
Hi

​​​​​​ batteling to get a replacement, so may restort to getting this repaired. Can anyone help me with getting the dimensions where required?

Cheers 🍻
Have you tried the various Cosworth breakers to see if they have one? Trying to repair your broken one sounds like it could be a difficult job.