Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

rear window regulators

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 09:08 PM
lime
Regular Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rear window regulators

does anyone know how to fit the the electric rear window regulator or have pics for the correct position
Old 03-04-2017, 12:28 PM
Marc sierra
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 157 Likes on 143 Posts

What are you trying to do, are you retrofitting rear electric windows? And what do you mean with the window regulator? The electric motor and arm that moves the window up and down?

In that case (if I remember correctly) the motor is at the rear of the door and the arm is at the front. The motor/mechanism should have an L or R stamped on it to indicate for which door it is. I remember having difficulties finding the correct holes for the rivets when I retrofitted mine, but all holes are definately there.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:12 PM
lime
Regular Contributor

I guess this is a retrofit the car I'm trying to fit the motors to had wind up regulators took those out to fit electric ones but can't find the correct position with the window up the arm is not in the runner and if I put it into the runner and lower the Window it can come completely down
Old 04-04-2017, 07:02 AM
Marc sierra

If I remember correctly (quite a long time since I did this), the electric ones use only one hole the same as the manual one. The other 3 holes are different ones. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of which holes to use or how it is orientated inside the door.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:13 AM
Marc sierra

I believe the holes for the electric mechanism are in the red circles.

Name:  SIERRA-Mk2-nearside-passenger-side-rear-door-_1_zpsvlzkvvqp.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  34.0 KB
Old 04-04-2017, 10:36 AM
lime
Regular Contributor

Ok when I use those holes the arm won't allow the window to come down and the arm also comes out the runner
Old 05-04-2017, 06:24 AM
Marc sierra

Perhaps you have switched around the left and right mechanism? Or the arm needs to be at the rear of the motor instead of the front. But I am quite sure those 4 holes are the ones to use.

The manual mechanism is mounted on the (other) 4 holes on the flat rectangle, with the big hole in the middle for the winder.