Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Koni shocks repairing.

Old 15-07-2008, 06:45 PM
nebby
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Koni shocks repairing.

Does anyone know if Koni take Front shocks back in for repair, got a knocking from one, have been on the car for about 5 years but not a great deal of use in that time probably no more than 8000 miles.

Also am thinking of going down the route of Gaz coilovers eventually, what's peoples views on fitting them on Cossy 3 doors, rear turret tops being my concern. Turrets are completley rust free on mine. Cheers
Old 16-07-2008, 05:58 AM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Koni's can be repaired/overhauled no problem.
Don't have much experience of GAZ, the 2 cars I have been in with GAZ were a joke suspension wise, but others are having better luck, I use AVO coilovers myself as they do so many different versions of coilovers.
I have towed extensively with sierras on coilovers never yet had a problem, but always use a rear brace when doing so, ideally triangulated to the floor as well as between tops.
tabetha
Old 16-07-2008, 06:54 PM
nebby

Hi tabetha

Well i spoke to company today local to me that deals with Koni, he said he rang them and they said that they would not recon them only sell new ones.

Have you currently got Avo coilovers on yours and when you say you put a brace on i take it you mean a strut brace is it just for when your towing or is it there permanent.

Thanks
Old 17-07-2008, 06:37 PM
nebby

Default Koni shocks repairing/coilover advice recomendations

Spoke to another Koni supplier today and they used to do repairs/recon but not any more apparently.He said i can ring them direct and they can put me in touch with the people that build them for Koni but i feel it seems very long winded.

So any more advice / recomendations on coilovers as i think this is the way forward would be much appreciated.