Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

AP Brakes - anti squeal clips?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 06:27 PM
AndyPen
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Default AP Brakes - anti squeal clips?

I'll ring Martin from Reyland for advice too but you never know someone here may have had the same problem. I've just fitted brand new AP four pots on 315 discs (Which I believe are machined down to that size).

Just been for my first run and something sounds like it is rubbing. I had clips that go in against the back of the pads to secure them with this set and I'm sure that they are touching the edge of the disc. Anyone else had this problem or an alternative idea of what the problem might be?

My other set didn't have these clips - just the screw in longitudinal bolt to stop the pads coming out.

Not going to pull them off again tonight - guess it might be obvious when I do though. Just thought I'd ask anyone if they had the same problem or similar?

Old 08-06-2008, 08:57 PM
AndyPen
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Here's a pic of the part I mean - it is sprung against the pads but I am guessing that it will also be touching the disc??

Old 08-06-2008, 09:25 PM
TurboShed
Cossiemodo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call me a pikey but I'd just wait until the clip wore away at the point where it touches the disc
Old 08-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I had this exact problem when i fitted my Reyland 330mm 4 pot kit to my RS 2000.

After much head scratching i discovered that there was crap on the hub surface that the caliper bracket mounts on. This caused the whole assembly to sit slightly off and the anti rattle clips was one of the things that rubbed!

I ran a file over the hub and everything was sweet.