Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

better brakes

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 11:12 AM
MalteseFalcon
PassionFord Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post better brakes

Hi, I got a Sapphire 2wd Cosworth replica and it got no abs and still the 2.0 Ghia master cylinder and power brake but it's got front 2wd calipers with Tarox grooved discs and ebc red stuff and on the rear it got 4wd calipers with National grooved discs and ebc red stuff. The problem is that the Master become small and I don't have enough brakes when pushing the brake pedal and it feel like got air in the system as well. I would like to buy a biger master cylinder from willwood or AP but I don't know which one is suitable for my apllication so a little help is needed please!!!!

Cheers.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:20 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have done the same as you in the past and did not notice ANY problems, and NO extra pedal travel, thought I would but didn't.
Do you mean the master cylinder cannot push enough fluid due to it's size ?
I would forget anything fancy, just get a master cylinder off another car, that fits, and has a larger bore, these are NOT ford specific.
Having done this I cannot see why there is a problem, are they definitely bled through properly, have you used braided hoses as these help a lot.
tabetha
Old 11-05-2008, 03:22 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

find a dohc sierra with all round discs (90-92) and take the amster cylinder/servo from that car
you need to match them up as the mc/servo are matched

also mark out the pipes where they go to from which ports on the m/c as they may differ to yours

easy swap, only a few bolts to undo and the same to bolt in again
Old 12-05-2008, 03:02 PM
MalteseFalcon
PassionFord Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for the help lads, Yeah I did fit the braided hoses as well. I was running with the rear 2wd brakes before and standard discs and now I uprated to 4wd ones and the problem is like you said tabetha that cannot push enough fluid due to it's size that is a 22. But that's from a 2.0 dohc sierra Ghia but again that was with rear drum setup and smaller front calliper so the master is small. Now if there was a Dohc with rear disc as well I will try that and another guy told me that a transit DI will fit with no problem and has a Diameter of 23. But I hoped that Ap racing had something suitable for what I want!!
Old 12-05-2008, 06:32 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 371 Likes on 346 Posts

Biggest master cylinder on a ford is a 25mm bore RS turbo S2 and will fit onto a sierra servo

I had this on my cortina worked really well

But only has 2 outlets front and rear so u need to T for the fronts

Paul