Ford Range This section is for other models in the Ford range.

Was he trying to steal my 2018 Ford Ranger?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 11:38 PM
Norbert Maszlag
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Was he trying to steal my 2018 Ford Ranger?

(Sorry for the bad English. I'm not a native speaker and I live in Europe.)
My mom took the car and parked it somewhere downtowns for a few hours last night.

When she got back, there was a suspicious guys clicking something is his hands right next to the car while the car's indexes were going off. There was no sound so I'm 80% sure It wasn't the alarm.

When she got the the car the guy suddenly started speed walking away from the car. My mom chased him down and ask him what he was during.

He replied something along the lines of "I was checking my blood sugar, I must have gotten too close to the car"

I think everyone's reaction to a car's index starting to flicker would be to get away from it, but he was there until my mom got right next to the car for at least 30 seconds, but who knows how long he had already been there. I'm not familiar with the alarm system .. it never went off since it's a 2018 brand new car, but I presume It would've made a loud sound or something but it didn't (It was on Full Guard setting).

There was literally nothing in the car he could steal, so I think he was trying to steal the car and we got luck, but I don't know anything about cars, especially how to steal them.

Can someone explain what may have happened in layman's terms?

The car was locked so he didn't get in and my mom made sure to not unlock it until the guy was way off in the distance.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:07 AM
smiley
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 327 Likes on 306 Posts

Sounds like he was a tempting something new cars are getting stolen without keys now he probably had some gadget he bought of the internet but wasn't successful buy a disclock from Halfords for your steering wheel