Ford Mondeo Including ST Discuss all things about the Ford Mondeo from all models inc the ST220/200 etc in here!

Crank sensor bracket mk3 130 tdci

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 09:34 PM
zombie1965
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crank sensor bracket mk3 130 tdci

Hi, I have a Zetec s mk3 130 tdci owned for 16 months and covered 14k miles I payed £700 for the car and a further £240 on 2x tires and 2x shocks and a drop link to get her through an mot.

Other than 1 slightly dicky injector that inst to much bother I have had no other issues until a few weeks ago then I got a major problem. for a couple weeks I had an intermittent fault with engine cutting out at 3000 rpm and I get the flashing glow plug lights. sometimes it would just go into limp. a week ago the thing finally conked out at 3000 rpm and wouldn't start again.

I was recovered to a local garage who ran a diagnostic and up shot P0335 "ECU cannot detect a CKP signal" So I OK'd it with them to change the sensor. (estimated by them to be about £65 with labor) on top of the £40 recovery fee for a 1 mile tow to the garage.

Yesterday I picked the car up and they had fitted a new sensor and the car was starting, however they had bad news. The mounting bracket was missing a bolt that bolts the bracket to the engine block inside the bell housing. and the other bolt was a bit loose. This was probably left like this after a new clutch and flywheel were fitted about 20k miles ago, before I owned the car. The garage Estimated that the time/cost involved in removing the trans and fixing the issue was more than the car is worth. (Quoted price £650-750)

I drove the car away after parting with £108 and within a few miles the car cut out at 3000 rpm again. It restarted on the key and Managed to get it home.

Today I removed the air box and disconnected the crank sensor to have a look. I could move the mounting bracket with little effort with my finger tips. I then noticed that the bolt could also be undone through the small gap with Just my fingers. as I was fiddling the bolt dropped down inside the bell housing

So..... now I have a big job on my hands of splitting the trans and engine enough to get the bolt out and re-fix the crank sensor bracket.

Before I start this job, I would like to get some new bolts to fit. I don't fancy picking through the clutch debris looking for the bolt and will be short the other anyway.

Does anyone know what bolts size I need?
I have attached an image of the ones I am looking for

cheers
Z
Attached Thumbnails Crank sensor bracket mk3 130 tdci-mond.jpg  
Old 12-10-2016, 11:14 AM
Adam-M
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts

Typically I just changed mine on my transit the other day and it's the same as the mondeo, probably best to phone ford up and get the bolts. Think they where like m8's x 15mm.

I phoned them up for a price on the cps as I broke mine while changing the gearbox and clutch and they says £57 and would take upto 4 days to come in stock, so I phone a local motor factors and they had it in stock for £19.