Ford Mondeo Including ST Discuss all things about the Ford Mondeo from all models inc the ST220/200 etc in here!

Turbo P132B fault code disappearing for car fault and possible fix.

Search this Thread

Old 28-04-2014, 09:06 AM
Jonny5H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo P132B fault code disappearing for car fault and possible fix.

So I recently had the misfortune to have the the car go into limp mode while travelling on holiday with my caravan in tow.

RAC came along and read code P132B checked all pipes and linkage travel, reset the code and followed me, on the next incline the car went into limp mode again.

The RAC patrol read the P132B code from the car again, he suggested I tell the dealer to replace the actuator under warranty as the car is still under warranty.

While away on holiday I took the car to local garage to get the car fully looked at, they popped in some Forte treatments and double checked the linkage and pipes again, they also said suspected internal turbo fault or actuator.

On the return journey the car went into limp mode again, however this time I stopped the engine while coasting and restarted it...hey-presto as RAC said the car came out of limp mode and carried on home very gingerly.

This Saturday I visited the dealers garage where the mechanic agreed that the culprit was likely to be the electronic actuator as it's common when they get hot for them to fail, great easy fix or so I thought......

Dealer contacts me this morning and say because the car didn't have a fault code at the time we went into there garage they are not sure anything is wrong with the car. I have it documented by the RAC and another garage that they suspect turbo fault and RAC even wrote the P132B code down.

My question is are cleared fault codes stored in history that Ford for example could pull up to prove to the dealer it really has had the P132B code, although really in my opinion RAC report does this.

Also is the Turbo in the MRK3 2.2 TDCi variable veins or not as I've heard three mechanics say conflicting things, the dealers saying it not variable so cannot stick and RAC / garage on holiday saying they are variable and can stick....so who is right?

As we're going away this weekend with the caravan I'm going to look at the actuator circuit board this week as I think the dealer is not going to do anything under warranty until I drive in with the car in limp mode!

Thanks in advance for any feedback or other possible fixes regarding this.

Last edited by Jonny5H; 28-04-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:54 PM
gazza2502
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

http://www.ecutesting.com/ford_mondeo_tdci_turbo_actuato.html
Old 06-05-2014, 10:13 AM
Jonny5H

I've already looked at them (after I posted this thread), great videos! This weekend we towed to and from Anglesey without incident, so I hope the Forte treatments and change the Shell fuel did the trick.