Ford Mondeo Including ST Discuss all things about the Ford Mondeo from all models inc the ST220/200 etc in here!

MK3 Mondeo. Water Getting into My Boot

Search this Thread

Old 15-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Yozza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MK3 Mondeo. Water Getting into My Boot

Hi guys ive been a long time lurker but ive got a problem with water getting into the boot and it is really starting to annoy me.

I have sealed around the n/s/r light cluster and bumper bolts. Ive also replaced the rear washer jet with a new one. as this was quite loose. But im still getting water coming in in the rear nearside part of the boot just below the rear n/s light cluster but behind the side carpet. I can not find where its coming from.

When I replaced the rear washer jet I also checked all the rubber harnesses between the upper body of the car and where it enters the top of the tailgate and they all seem ok.

Its getting that way where it looks like I wil have to live with this water leak as its really starting to annoy me, and I can not think of anything else to do, as I think ive exhausted all options, apart from packing the area with aload of kitchen roll to soak it up

Last edited by Yozza; 19-12-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 19-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Yozza

Anyone else got any ideas or suggestions
Old 05-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Mondy Focus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Mondeo was leaking in the same place but i siliconed sealed the two rubber seals,at the top of tailgate and the washer jet and it stopped leaking.
Have you removed the wheel arch carpet and checked or siliconed all the metal panel joins as i have found in past cars some aren't sealed at the welds.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:03 PM
djcossie
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by Yozza
Anyone else got any ideas or suggestions
unscrew the o/s cover above the o/s rear headrest it says airbag on it, and u will see the rear washer jet pipe joint leaking just refit the joint
Old 05-01-2013, 02:08 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

I had exactly this on my first mk3 mondeo. It was the rubber grommet that has the wiring in it for the boot. Water was coming through there, running over the top of the headlining, down the side and coming out under the side trim next to the light cluster. Popped the grommet out, bit of silicone round it, never leaked again.
Old 22-10-2017, 04:54 PM
Martin Kilduff
Virgin

Originally Posted by Yozza
Hi guys ive been a long time lurker but ive got a problem with water getting into the boot and it is really starting to annoy me.

I have sealed around the n/s/r light cluster and bumper bolts. Ive also replaced the rear washer jet with a new one. as this was quite loose. But im still getting water coming in in the rear nearside part of the boot just below the rear n/s light cluster but behind the side carpet. I can not find where its coming from.

When I replaced the rear washer jet I also checked all the rubber harnesses between the upper body of the car and where it enters the top of the tailgate and they all seem ok.

Its getting that way where it looks like I wil have to live with this water leak as its really starting to annoy me, and I can not think of anything else to do, as I think ive exhausted all options, apart from packing the area with aload of kitchen roll to soak it up
Hi Yazza, did you find the cause of this problem? I have exactly the same issue now, and would be grateful for any help. Thanks
Old 22-10-2017, 07:30 PM
Yozza

Sorry never got to the bottom of it. In the end I sold the car and went to the dark side and bought a brand new Vauxhall Astra estate.