Ford Mondeo Including ST Discuss all things about the Ford Mondeo from all models inc the ST220/200 etc in here!

2001 Mondeo 1.8 - Rear calipers question

Search this Thread

Old 23-02-2017, 11:47 PM
stephen_r
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Mondeo 1.8 - Rear calipers question

Hi Folks,

I'm new here so hopefully this is the right forum to ask about rear calipers, just looking for some advice. (Mondeo 2001, mk3, 1.8 petrol, saloon, 125HP)

The handbrake lever has sized up a few times (on both rear calipers), I want to replace them, either with new or reconed ones, or possibly take time to do the rebuild myself. The car is quite old so I don't want to invest to much. (who knows what will go next)

Can anyone confirm if there are different versions of rear calipers for the make/model/year of my mondeo? The reason i'm asking, there seems to be an extra metal block where the handbrake cable fits into the caliper. I've seen lots of calipers for this car but none of them seem to have this extra "fitting" for the handbrake cable. I'm attaching a picture that clearly shows it.

Regards Steve.
Old 25-02-2017, 07:06 PM
Adder
Regular Contributor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Hello,

Just take it to your local motor factors and make sure you get the right one, you will have to return you old one if your having a recon one anyway. I have come across them before but I can't remember the outcome but I don't think you will have any problems. One other thing is make sure the cables are nice and free.

Cheers

Adder
Old 28-02-2017, 07:14 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

All mk3 mondeo carlipers are the same apart form the estates.