Streetka and headlight swap

Search this Thread

Old 26-06-2017, 10:24 AM
Saxosim
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Streetka and headlight swap

Hi All,

Just joined the forum as I bought my wife a Streetka for her birthday last month. Great little car and fun to drive and looks like a mini Audi TT. I have also bought a hard top ready for the winter months and have sorted a few slight niggles with it - rocker gasket oil leak. It's going in for a full shultz underseal over the next few months at the same time the hard top is getting sprayed black as I want to keep it nice and keep the dreaded Ka rust away as this one is still good.

The one thing I can't stand and have to sort though is the fried egg style standard headlights. I can see from old posts that you used to be able to buy clear replacement stock looking headlights which are literally the same as standard without the orange filter. Looked around but I guess with the mk1 Ka''s getting on a bit now most manufacturer's have stopped making them.

I don't suppose anyone knows where I may find a set for sale do they or even happen to have a set for sale from when you have previously owned a Ka? I found a supplier in Germany but they are an LHD version so no good.

thanks