Ford Focus (All Models) This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus Range that doesnt belong in the seperate ST & RS sections..

Advice on fault with my Focus

Search this Thread

Old 26-10-2017, 10:35 AM
Ryan Redpath
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on fault with my Focus

Hi Guys,

New to the forum and wondered if I could get some advice on a fault I'm currently having with my Focus. After doing some research I have found that the issue I am experiencing is probably the common issue with the instrument cluster, but just wanted to get some fresh advice and confirm this if possible.

The issue I am having is when I am starting the car sometimes the car will not turn over, I am told this is probably the immobiliser? To get round that issue I can either tab the top of the dash or push into the plastic on the cluster and it comes back on. Once I am driving all the lights will flash up on the dash, all needles drop and do not move, also the mileage dialog box shows no miles, again I can get these back as previously mentioned but this doesn't last very long.

Often most of the lights on the dash will go off and the needles and mileage will come back but 2 lights will remain, when it does this the car drives really sluggish. I have attached pictures if this helps. I have found this company that I can send it off to for repair:

http://www.clusterrepairsuk.co.uk/repair/model/ford-focus-instrument-cluster-speedo-mk2

Anyone used these or encountered this issue that give me any advice on this?

Cheers.

Old 12-07-2018, 03:20 PM
fixanycar
Virgin

Hi, if memory serves, on these the dashboard instrument clusters can breakdown & this causes the car not to start. if i am right then the only solution is to either have the cluster repaired or replaced.
Old 16-07-2019, 08:53 AM
Richard Hamilton
Virgin

Arrow Instrument Cluster Repair

Hi all! We are a company called Cartronix based in Hampshire who actually repair these clusters with a next day turn around by post or a drop in service where we can also remove and refit the cluster from the car. As many of you already know the Ford Focus clusters are prone to fail, whether you have Can-Bus and communication issues, reduced acceleration or engine systems fault showing on the cluster or digital LCD display problems we can help! We always test the cluster before so we would not go ahead with any work if there is no fault found.

Don't hesitate to get in contact for more info, if you would like your cluster repaired we will also give you Ł10 off! Just quote the code #PASSIONFOCUS10

Old 17-07-2019, 06:57 AM
oldford
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

You're engine management light (CEL or MIL) is lit.
Have the fault codes been read? And if yes, what are they?