Ford Focus Range This Section Contains All The Ford Focus Model Specific Forums.

I think this turbo oil feed bolt nightmare is over ! (last thread on this I hope, )

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 06:53 PM
FastLife91
BANNED
BANNED

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I think this turbo oil feed bolt nightmare is over ! (last thread on this I hope, )

First of all I want to apologise for creating another thread regarding the same topic, however this thread should and I certainly hope it to be the last regarding this stupid turbo oil feed bolt.

Well here is the latest update.

My friend came back this morning with this bolt after altering it, for those who didn't follow the story here is what the bolt on the car looked like

and he cut grooves in it so that I now have enough room to get ti tight and it looks a little like this now

The bolt is now absolutely solid on the car,unfortunately I have been unable to start the car to check it because the battery is flat and is now indoors charging.

My question is will this bolt be okay now that is has been altered ?

I am relieved to declare that this should be the last thread on this topic ( I hope) and I wish to thank everyone again who has helped and guided me along the way.

thanks all

Last edited by FastLife91; 03-02-2017 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:55 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

I would not risk it get it done right as per advice sorry
Old 03-02-2017, 07:16 PM
FastLife91
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Less.
I would not risk it get it done right as per advice sorry
What could cause it to be a problem ? I'm just curious
Old 04-02-2017, 01:16 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

When the nut splits as you have cut half of it away, and the pressurised oil then sprays over the hot turbo/manifold catching fire.

That may be a problem.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:53 PM
slammedorion
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 236 Likes on 210 Posts

A fresh thread for more of your dribble...

Oh goodey

https://youtu.be/Pvd01xkNPo8
The following users liked this post:
155lee (04-02-2017)
Old 04-02-2017, 02:51 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts

https://youtu.be/zjedLeVGcfE
Old 04-02-2017, 03:34 PM
wayne1001
Part of the Furniture

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I personally don't think that nut will last you've weakened it by removing metal (ok you say it's really tight but you may have already fractured it!)
you've got to ask yourself are you confident that you can drive this car without worrying if that pissy bodged pipe will not split and blow hot oil over the extremely hot manifold and catch fire??
Please take the advise of the people on here WHO KNOW!!
i have 18 years experience working on industrial refrigeration systems that use theses flared pipes a lot and I've seen un-modified ones split although the pressure is massive but if you over tighten them your squash the flare on the pipe and break the seal or split the nut.
just get a new pipe and get a mobile guy out to fit it then you know it's safe or you can drive it around not knowing if or when it's going to split
WORTH THE RISK ??
Old 04-02-2017, 04:47 PM
slammedorion
PassionFord Post Whore!!

https://youtu.be/myhnAZFR1po

https://youtu.be/V0mvIR0C02w

Last edited by slammedorion; 04-02-2017 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:24 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

That's some odd shit right there lol
Old 04-02-2017, 08:01 PM
FastLife91
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by wayne1001
I personally don't think that nut will last you've weakened it by removing metal (ok you say it's really tight but you may have already fractured it!)
you've got to ask yourself are you confident that you can drive this car without worrying if that pissy bodged pipe will not split and blow hot oil over the extremely hot manifold and catch fire??
Please take the advise of the people on here WHO KNOW!!
i have 18 years experience working on industrial refrigeration systems that use theses flared pipes a lot and I've seen un-modified ones split although the pressure is massive but if you over tighten them your squash the flare on the pipe and break the seal or split the nut.
just get a new pipe and get a mobile guy out to fit it then you know it's safe or you can drive it around not knowing if or when it's going to split
WORTH THE RISK ??

thanks for your reply.

I am going to take your advice and will get a new turbo oil feed pipe but am going to wait until next week as I need to use the car but this altered bolt on the turbo pipe should do until then.

SO I am going to get a new turbo pipe, does the whole turbo and egr e.t.c. have to be removed or is it a quick job ?

Can you also please post a photo of the pipe for my car , there are 2 types apparently but mine is a long thin metal type, I cannot picture what it looks like as it has been botched up and I never saw the original before it was cut or anything.

thanks
Old 04-02-2017, 08:02 PM
FastLife91
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by gcfcos
That's some odd shit right there lol

thanks for your reply.

I am going to take your advice and will get a new turbo oil feed pipe but am going to wait until next week as I need to use the car but this altered bolt on the turbo pipe should do until then.

SO I am going to get a new turbo pipe, does the whole turbo and egr e.t.c. have to be removed or is it a quick job ?
the car is a 2006 mk2 ford focus sport 1.8 TDCI

Can you also please post a photo of the pipe for my car , there are 2 types apparently but mine is a long thin metal type, I cannot picture what it looks like as it has been botched up and I never saw the original before it was cut or anything.

thanks
Old 04-02-2017, 09:33 PM
slammedorion
PassionFord Post Whore!!

https://youtu.be/qjHgiDyZijc
Old 04-02-2017, 10:05 PM
ray barker
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by slammedorion
funniest thing i ever saw when i was in the trade. this chap wanted his three wheeler re sprayed i priced it he couldnt afford it so i said you rub it down get ready ill show you what to do. i didnt see him for weeks there was a nock on the door at home ide only just got in. i looked out the front room window and saw the three wheeler out the front and by the look of it it looked like he had spot primmered it.as i got closser to it i realised that he had rubbed it down with a four and a half inch grinnder no not with a flappy soft thingey no but with a fuckink grinnding disc. what i thought was spot primmer was the jell coat he had gone through and you could push your finger through in places. when i say i laughed i turned away ran in the house i fell on the kitchen floor i split my sides my wife thought id gone mad. i had to tell matey it was a wright of
The following users liked this post:
slammedorion (04-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 02:03 AM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by ray barker
funniest thing i ever saw when i was in the trade. this chap wanted his three wheeler re sprayed i priced it he couldnt afford it so i said you rub it down get ready ill show you what to do. i didnt see him for weeks there was a nock on the door at home ide only just got in. i looked out the front room window and saw the three wheeler out the front and by the look of it it looked like he had spot primmered it.as i got closser to it i realised that he had rubbed it down with a four and a half inch grinnder no not with a flappy soft thingey no but with a fuckink grinnding disc. what i thought was spot primmer was the jell coat he had gone through and you could push your finger through in places. when i say i laughed i turned away ran in the house i fell on the kitchen floor i split my sides my wife thought id gone mad. i had to tell matey it was a wright of
Hah hah that's awesome
Old 05-02-2017, 02:08 AM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by slammedorion
Hah hah that's awesome