Ford Focus Range This Section Contains All The Ford Focus Model Specific Forums.

Ford Focus 2008 1.6TDCI Limp mode - see ford diagnostics report attached

Old 02-03-2016, 06:50 AM
Rob Winstanley
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Focus 2008 1.6TDCI Limp mode - see ford diagnostics report attached

Hello.

newbie and know nothing about cars, i bought a ford focus 1.6tdci studio 2008 plate. 135,000 miles, its an ex police car 1 owner and full service history.

Paid £1700 so thought it was a good deal for cheap motorway miles as it has full history and servicing despite being high miles.

anyway problems started a month after purchasing.

I came to a roundabout and the engine just cut out and all the dash lights flashed on, i waited 5 mins and it started and was fine for a few weeks.

in this time ford did a full service, and as he was a friend he also checked over the car due to the roundabout cut out but said it looked fine, he supected the fuel filter but said it was ok.

a few weeks later i get the red engine light (exclaimation mark) it was intermittent at first and only came on occasionally.

Now it comes on all the time, its off when i start it up and generally comes on after the first 100 meters. When it comes on my car is in limp mode with no a serious lack of power when I try to accelerate past 30 mph.

Took it to my friend at ford who ran diagnostic reports please see attached. I dont understand them, but the issues he thought were water in the gem module ecu not reporting properly, or a new turbo.

He even got the senior technician to have a look who was unable to identify the problem and said it could be a number of things and not worth the money of trying to find out and eliminate them.

i then read online that it could be a split hose and to get a blanking plate - he can do this for me, but does it seem unlikely that it is this? And that it is something more serious? How would i know if the turbo had gone? Sometimes when i drive there is rattle type sound when revving, apart from that at 30mph it drives nice and smooth even though the light is on. I have just lost my job so need it for interviews, and hopefully a cheap fix i can try before giving up on it and scrapping it. Any help much appreciated. Thanks