Ford Focus ST225 (MK2) 2005-2010 Everything relating to the Mk2 ST225 preface & facelift versions from 2005 to 2010

Focus st 225 eml

Search this Thread

Old 27-11-2016, 03:55 PM
stu_d909
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Focus st 225 eml

Hi lads

First off sorry if this has been covered before I had a quick search but nothing came up if there's threads out there then please point me in the right direction.

I fitted my new exhaust yesterday it's a full mongoose turbo back with 200 sports cat and just got the engine management light on today. I know it's because I have placed the sensor before the cat and it's seeing it like a decat but the sensor cable wasn't long enough for me to fit it in the other sensor boss/bung after the cat so looking for options is it simply a case of buying a sensor with longer lead on it??

Thanks in advance for any help/info

Stu
Old 28-11-2016, 12:15 PM
Rowe
Skint

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

you've put the rear sensor in the front hole? (if yes, that's a major big no no). Put the front sensor back where it belongs.
an angled spacer 'should' give you enough length to get the rear sensor where it should be.... however, i'd of expected the boss to be in the correct location if it's a mongoose system
Old 28-11-2016, 01:01 PM
stu_d909
Virgin

Thanks for the reply

just incase I wasnt clear in first post the cat has 2 bosses on it. one before(turbo side) other after the cat (back box side) now the original cat had the sensor coming out the middle of it but the cable is to short when fitted in the back box side boss so to get me up and running I had to put it in the turbo side boss.

I'm no sure the angled take off would give me enough length but I'll have a look see

Thanks

Edit quick call n seemingly there's extra length to be had in the cable it's clipped further in from where I could see the other day

Last edited by stu_d909; 28-11-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Old 28-11-2016, 02:13 PM
Rowe
Skint

yeah i know dude. I used to have a 225 myself. Running number 2 sensor in the number 1 location is not a very good thing to do..... sensor 1 monitors the A/F ratio remember.

You'd of been better off leaving sensor 1 where it is and leaving number 2 dangling underneath the car. Theres a clip on the subframe and one on the gearbox, you could try moving them. There was definitely an abundance of loom when i fitted my decat with spacer. I had to tie it up with cable ties
Old 28-11-2016, 03:15 PM
stu_d909
Virgin

Managed to get in up on the ramp this afternoon n un clipped the loom and had plenty of length just couldn't see this when I was laying under the car in the driveway over weekend so swapped the sensor positions so it's now after the cat and mechanic even cleared the code for me as well all free of charge so see how it behaves itself

Thanks again for replys mate

Stu
Old 29-11-2016, 09:12 AM
Rowe
Skint

glad to hear it's sorted