Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

ford tdci 115 bhp engin remap

Old 19-10-2007, 04:18 PM
mark.
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ford tdci 115 bhp engin remap

basically as it says has anyone with this engine had it remapped, how well did it preform how much bhp extra did you get etc

if it makes any difference its in a tdci sport

thanks for your help

mark
Old 20-10-2007, 12:14 AM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

Had a tuning box in a tdci we had and it made a big difference... lots more torque and good bit stronger at the top end. Also put a K&N cone filter on it and it freed up a bit more power at the top end after 3500rpm.

ps... tuning box made it a lot smokier! but defo worth the money.
Old 20-10-2007, 01:16 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I wouldn't have a tuning box as in my opinion there cheap and tacky. I would only have a remap which is the best option available to you. More power and more reliable. I would expect your car to be around 145bhp after the remap and alot more torque.

http://www.remapping.co.uk/

They are one of the best companys to choose to rempap your car but I'm not sure where you live but post where you live and someone will tell you of a tuning company in your area. MSD - MotorSportDevelepmonts is in Blackpool. I have been in a 115 TDCi they chipped and it was quick, but also alot nicer to drive aswel. You will also be better on fuel aswel which is an added bonus.

Benni.
Old 21-10-2007, 08:59 PM
mark.
Virgin

im in the north east sunderland.

i was looking at super chips, which said i could get that blueray thing wihch you plug in to the ecu and remap it yourself.

someone was telling me about tuning boxes what are the pro's and cons of tuning boxes againt remaps

mark
Old 21-10-2007, 10:46 PM
mark.
Virgin

1 other thing i was wondering, what other things can you do to tune/give a desil car more power ?

mark
Old 21-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by mark.
1 other thing i was wondering, what other things can you do to tune/give a desil car more power ?

mark
Not much as it becomes expensive. A bigger intercooler and turbo would be possible but at a price I wouldn't like to pay. Then your injectors will need replacing. I would just stick with the remap. Maybe some sort of air filter will release some power? Not much though.
Old 21-10-2007, 11:43 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by mark.
im in the north east sunderland.

i was looking at super chips, which said i could get that blueray thing wihch you plug in to the ecu and remap it yourself.

someone was telling me about tuning boxes what are the pro's and cons of tuning boxes againt remaps

mark
The only Pro I can think of would be that you can remove it. But I wouldn't have one as there cheap and tacky. I think you mean bluefin? Bluefin is the next best thing to a remap and can also be removed if you needed to. I've never been in a TDCi with bluefin but I have been in a petrol with it and it drove alot nicer.