Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

Rear Ended - Suspect Repair!

Search this Thread

Old 28-07-2006, 07:02 PM
paul69
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Ended - Suspect Repair!

Got rear ended few weeks back. Fairly large smack but looked like minor damage to mine, slight fold/rippling at top of rear bumper and a couple of chips to paint low down.

Third parties insurer "approved repairer" repaired but I spotted a variable ridge across the top of bumper when I first went to collect it. I was told it was part of press/molding of new bumper (from china!) and to leave it with them. Apologised for not taking it off before spraying.

That has now gone but looks like a paint run/slight bulge in area at the top where the original damage was and I think they have not replaced at all. Didn't spot this first time because eye was drawn to this ridge. He did say something about 'polishing this off'. Surely that would not be possible if it were part of the press/moulding???

I suspect the garage will claim they replaced it from the insurer but from my point of view obviously I am not happy with the repair and will demand for an engineer to inspect the repair but wondered, for my own benefit, if the original bumper would have a stamp/press anywhere which would indicate if it is the original ford part/place of manufacture etc on the inside that can be seen without taking it off?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Paul69
Old 02-09-2006, 05:43 PM
cos jon
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

This is suspect mate, I know of a few accident repair garages that do repair but charge for replacement panels as most the staff work on a time limit, get the job done quicker more bonus for them.

If its an original bumper it will have a ford logo on it somewhere
Old 28-09-2006, 08:08 PM
chrissyboy
Virgin

you will need to remove the bumper as any stamps or markings will be on the inside but i dont think their are any proberly be a ford sticker or logo a if its a genuine bumper but thats proberly about it did you say the bumper was painted on the car ????????
Old 30-11-2006, 11:54 PM
cjwood555
Advanced PassionFord User

Insurers should repair using genuine Ford parts. They are payed to restore your car to pre-accident condition, not a cheap knock off. If they're using pattern parts I'd complain to the insurance company and failing that to the ombudsman.

Chris
Old 05-12-2006, 08:13 AM
l999fty

get ya insurance assesor out they will soon sort it out after that!