Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

Suspension & Induction Kit for 1.6 Zetec, Ideas Apprecia

Search this Thread

Old 29-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Speedy_Focus
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension & Induction Kit for 1.6 Zetec, Ideas Apprecia

Hi

My focus is coming along quite nicely, but im after both an induction kit and suspension kit/lowering springs and im stuck on what to go for to be honest.

On the induction kit front i havnt got a clue, never bought one before, ive heard that some open air kits like the K&N 57i can actually end up damaging performance rather than helping, and its better to go for an enclosed unit, so can anyone recommend any decent kits from your own experiences.

Eibach suspension seems to have a pretty good range for the focus, think its what they use on the rs, correct me if im wrong. Have had a look at the pro spring and damper kits and the pro spring kits to drop it around 30/35mm. Anyone have and experience of the company, products etc.

Thanks in advance for your help, any info greatly appreciated.

Oh, and if you could recommend any decent aftermarket/uprated headlight bulbs would be good

Cheers
Old 22-06-2006, 08:16 PM
crazyfocus
Virgin

hi i can suggest your get a panel filter for you car instead. you don't have to rip out the filter box all you do is replace the standard one with a K&N one they do same job but be aware that ford changed the filtler box on 04 focus's so if u got a 04 its a smaller filter and if its a 03 its bigger and if its a new shape one i can not help u there so check where ever you get its the right size i suggest fitting at the shop ok and springs ask friends it doesn't matter what manufacter card they have springs are all the same. ok mate
Old 22-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Dutchie

Hi, if you do it for the sporty sound, i recomend a pipercross filter.
I use it my self on a TDDi and it sounds great!
For the headlights i suggest to buy Morette for the agressive look or else original Ford xenon bulbs or light from a RS or ST.
The most (cheap) aftermarket bulbs ain't of the best quality, after a while you can put fish in them.....