Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

Im not sure what do! (focus Rs)

Old 26-04-2006, 12:41 PM
JamesS2RS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im not sure what do! (focus Rs)

This is my story and problem!

I have a 100% mint focus Rs. Before me it had one owner who was a car collector and he had it from new 03 reg 7.5k on the clock.

This car has been service every 2680 miles since new it’s a peach.

Now showing 13400 and been service 5 times already!

The car is still rather mint apart form now having a few stone chips and a mark on one of the wheels.

I have just had my annual pay review and have been offered a company car which is alright if I didn’t have a car couldn’t part with

This is my problem I have had 3 focus Rs and every time I sell one for a different car I buy another. They may not be everyone’s cup of tea but I love them.

This is what im toying with:

Putting the focus back to standard removing all the marks and stone chip’s and store her next to my S2. Hoping that one day they will hold the value as standard ones get rarer.

Or I just sell her and am done with the focus Rs for good.

Any help or comment on how the market will settle with Rs would be appreciated.

I believe this will be the last Proper Rs Made due to ford now using Volvo to cut cost to produce performance fords. I was speaking to our local dealer the other day and there are gonna release a fast st but it’s not gonna be an RS or a Cosworth it’s gonna be a t5 Volvo engine and running gear.

One day I think they could be worth some money if kept std and mint what do you think?

Cheers,

Jim
Old 26-04-2006, 02:10 PM
kmrobertson3
Regular Contributor

Keep it and modify it and if you can afford to just use it as your weekend/track day car.

I remember a few years ago I had an Astra GSI J reg and I loved everything about that car from driving, handling to the looks of the car, I sold it and have regreted it ever since.
Nearly ten years on and after BMW's, Subaru Impreza's to golf GTI's I havn't found a car to replicate that old Astra that is until I got my Focus RS, the car is the complete package and a pure drivers car, and although the new ST is good it's more the dolphin fast and elegant and the FRS is the shark fast and aggressive which I love about it.

All I'm saying is don't sell and regret it for years to come.
Old 26-04-2006, 02:43 PM
JamesS2RS

Im gonna use the S2 on the track. I think the std focus rs will hold there valve other the moded ones.

Any one wanna buy some parts!

Jim
Old 26-04-2006, 04:15 PM
NathR
Advanced PassionFord User

Keep it and enjoy it imo, no point having it tucked away not used just for an investment, there's no harm in only using it occasionally! You can ALWAYS put it back to standard later to sell if needed.
Old 26-04-2006, 04:23 PM
T4KAF
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by kmrobertson3
Keep it and modify it and if you can afford to just use it as your weekend/track day car.

I remember a few years ago I had an Astra GSI J reg and I loved everything about that car from driving, handling to the looks of the car, I sold it and have regreted it ever since.
Nearly ten years on and after BMW's, Subaru Impreza's to golf GTI's I havn't found a car to replicate that old Astra that is until I got my Focus RS, the car is the complete package and a pure drivers car, and although the new ST is good it's more the dolphin fast and elegant and the FRS is the shark fast and aggressive which I love about it.

All I'm saying is don't sell and regret it for years to come.
totally agree with that statement!!!
Old 26-04-2006, 04:33 PM
JamesS2RS

If i keep it with it moded thou i really want a gt28rs turbo and ap brakes and my bank and g/f are just saying no why is life so hard!!

Jim
Old 26-04-2006, 10:06 PM
clayton Borg
Part of the Furniture

Mine is standard and going to stay that way. I believe that the standard and well kept ones will be in demand like the series ones.

One colour available, standard and in mint condition with good history, who's going to walk away from that if they really want one? i think we all know the answer to that.............SOLD for a premium!

Clayton Borg
Old 27-04-2006, 08:46 AM
RSPTG
PassionFord Regular

James, if you can afford to keep it..I would.

A standard one will hold more money than a modded one and I feel if you keep it long enough you'll do ok.

Sounds like you know if you sell it, you will be buying another one..lol, and I have to agree can't get over what a great car they are...have more fun in this than I did in my Escos. These are such underated cars...people always have bad comments to make and yet half of them have never even driven one!! I feel that it would tke something special to come along before I trade mine in.

I was thinking the other day after all the shite weather "rain" we have had "which is no fun in the FRS" and now the sun is starting to come out....I can't get over how these things go round corners!! still makes me smile.

FRS is something SPECIAL !
Old 27-04-2006, 09:08 AM
JamesS2RS

Im really not sure they have offer to buy it off me now but if they do that it has to be standard.

I think im gonna sell it to my company then i can have the car i love and not have to pay for it.

Arr i love the sunny weather i was out yesterday at full bore round the country lanes nearly had an asmar attact at one point.

They go round corners like shit on a blacket and if u wanna u can get the arse right out with out without passing a motion! I have prefected this art and scare the shit out of people with it.

Focus Rs will go down in history like the S1, Cossie, Shame fords idea of a hothatch is a volvo's i feel very sorry for people who missed the boat with the only ture focus hothatch.

Jim
Old 27-04-2006, 11:57 AM
RSPTG
PassionFord Regular

Very true James....as for the ass out, I've only done this once on a roundabout in the wet...it was not deliberate like you say. Talk about getting the heart rate up,...I almost shat me self afterwards as I was doing about 55mph at the time but something upset the car. There is a petrol station down the road so I wonder if there was some fuel or something on the road as she normally sails through this roundabout. Funny thing was my mate was behind and I couldn't shut him up afterwards.....f this..f that,,..that was f''ing ace mate...

Yeh, I do it all the time was my comment!!.

....mind you the face on the bloke coming the other way was a picture.....seeing a FRS coming at him sideways. ..to be honest though, I thought I was going to bend it.
Old 27-04-2006, 12:11 PM
JamesS2RS

There's been many of time when i thought i would be calling trunky (elephant.co.uk)

All i do is go in 100% Committed as i get into the first quater of the bend lift off and bingo your go pritty much sideways in a fwd car it propa fun and so easy to control. It also easier with weight in the back.

I Perfected it in a saxo first! Yes i owned one i was young and stupid!

Jim