Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

FRS H & R Lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 23-02-2006, 05:38 PM
kmrobertson3
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FRS H & R Lowering springs

Has anyone out there lowered their Focus RS with the H & R 25mm lowering springs from GGR or whoever?

Just wondered if it's worth it, does it make the car handle better?

Any info would be great.

Old 23-02-2006, 05:45 PM
JamesS2RS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I wouldnt the focus rs is set up the way it is for a reason. I really dont think it needs to be any lower and the handeling of the rs is pure perfection.

Jim
Old 23-02-2006, 06:30 PM
kmrobertson3
Regular Contributor

Cheers mate, I kinda thought so but the guy at GGR said their car was lowered and they fitted 19" OZ superleggera and he reconed it got the power down better. Also read in PF magazine a guy Kev Jones lowered his with the intention of taking the back off if no use but he stuck with it lowered??

I suppose it's trial and error eh!
Old 24-02-2006, 09:24 AM
RSPTG
PassionFord Regular

H&R have a coilover kit for the FRS now, think it is about 1k. would be more flexible with the set-up options!
Old 24-02-2006, 09:31 AM
JamesS2RS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I would nt touch the suspension but up to you. You wont find another hot hatch that drives like the focus rs ive driven the new st, ctr and the new golf but the focus rs is the only one i felt like i could really put 100% trust into.

Leave it mate it would take a lot of car to out handel a focus rs.

Spend your money on a de-cat, manifold and bluefin. Most fun i have ever had in a car and before i had the focus rs i had the new shape M3(pure poo).

Jim
Old 24-02-2006, 12:37 PM
kmrobertson3
Regular Contributor

Yea, you've convinced me now I'm leaving the handeling as standard. I already have Bluefin,GGR sport cat, GGR K&N filter,GGR dump valve,ceramic coated Primary Designs SS manifold and Miltek from the cat back just fitted today, Nice rip to it I'm now going for th AP racing 6 pot caliper conversion.

Also considering new roller bearing turbo but alot of other extras required for that,ie new uprated clutch and some sort of boost control??? Should take the car to around 360 BHP though. Fun fun fun
Old 25-02-2006, 01:11 PM
NathR
Advanced PassionFord User

Agree with the above comments. Leave suspension alone, would upset the handling imo. Future mods sound good, I would love the AP kit, one day... I'm waiting for my Blitz SDB ID 3 to arrive, which controller are you going for?
Old 25-02-2006, 05:25 PM
kmrobertson3
Regular Contributor

Not sure what type to go for, I would probably just want something simple like a hi low 2 stage jobby as adjusting different boost settings for every gear would get too complicated and I just want to drive. I think that I will go on the recomendation of whoever does my turbo upgrade,Primary Designs, Pumaspeed, or Engine Advantages, one of these companies is bound to know what one would best suit me.
Old 26-02-2006, 06:37 PM
clive-frsocc
Virgin

I have the full coilover kit fitted..including front & rear shocks, 25mm/15mm drop to front and rear..
Let me say this, it now handles far better than ever before, we spent a lot of time getting the setup just right.
She goes round corners like its on rails
Old 28-02-2006, 04:10 PM
kmrobertson3
Regular Contributor

Sounds good mate but do you intend to mess about with it all the time for different events(track days)? or you won't touch it now that its set up the way you found you like it best?

Personally I don't think I could be bothered adjusting all the time, I would just want it set up once and ready to go.

How does your car drive on a rutted scabby "B" road now?

You've got to wonder why ford spend millions of man hours and money developing a car and is handling and we think we can make it better with our mods?? I think trial and error is the way to go.