Ford Focus Diesel This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus Diesel Range.

Hard brakes 02 tddi , vaccum pump problem?

Old 26-09-2018, 09:40 PM
Luke Doidge
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard brakes 02 tddi , vaccum pump problem?

Hello, first time post I just bought an old 02 manual focus hatchback TDDI, it’s in good condition and looks well looked after, drives well.

The problem I have is at low speeds the brakes feel like they don’t have any assisted power and I have to really stomp my foot down, at higher speeds the problem is not as bad but still not 100 percent.
The car does brake properly but just requires so much power at lower speeds.
I have tried the test of turning off the cae pumping the brakes a few times then applying some pressure and turning the car on. But when I turn it on no movement or different feel.
I have been looking for this problem online and have found many results, I have visually checked the vaccum line from the pump and it looks fine.
The brake pedal does not move side to side at all or feel loose and I have no idea what’s causing it. I’m thinking it’s the vacuume pump but any input would be appreciated
Also on a lesser note my plate shows up as being.a tdci 115ps and I ordered a new oil, air, and fuel filter, should they fit? I will have no contact the dvla and insurance to correct this..