Ford Focus Diesel This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus Diesel Range.

Would this antifreeze be compatible to use steal seal with ? (head gasket repair)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 08:32 PM
FastLife91
BANNED
BANNED

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Would this antifreeze be compatible to use steal seal with ? (head gasket repair)

car - 2006 ford focus sport 1.8 TDCI.
Has had about £2,000 on repairs in under 2 years.

over a year ago began loosing water and chemical test indicated bad head gasket, however 15 months on it still runs great, no smoke, no power loss, no oil/water mixing, just having to top up water time-time. I'd have it replaced proper but this car is suspected to have other big problems so I'm unsure what to do.
I bought some steal seal, I want to use it within next few days. My car currently just has tap water so I need to drain the water and am going to refill with antifreeze, I bought antifreeze today, it is Anti-Freeze + coolant in 1. I am not sure if it contains water ?

On the steal seal it claims not to be compatible with waterless antifreeze. if this antifreeze is waterless would it be okay to just add tap water to ti ?

cheers
Old 02-03-2017, 08:37 PM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,031 Likes on 944 Posts

You have already posted this, yes add water.

But these bullshit fixes don't get round a proper fix, engine strip and proper fix

Last edited by Caddyshack; 02-03-2017 at 08:38 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:49 PM
FastLife91
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Caddyshack
You have already posted this, yes add water.

But these bullshit fixes don't get round a proper fix, engine strip and proper fix
I thought this was posting in the focus section, that the ones who use this section are a different bunch of people who wouldn't have seen the other post.

As said if it needs head gasket I would just have it replaced, but then it has potential other big problems that could bring the bill past another £1000 + and then if I do all the big jobs I may as well do all the small jobs which could add up another £300, however seeing as it has already had £2,000 + on repairs in under 2 years and the retail value in good condition is around £800 - £1,000, I'm wondering is it worth it ?
if thnis steral seal would work would be great
Old 02-03-2017, 08:57 PM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,031 Likes on 944 Posts

Bullshit fixes never work, just do what it needs or scrap it
Old 02-03-2017, 09:20 PM
slammedorion
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 236 Likes on 210 Posts

Well done for posting in the right section
Old 02-03-2017, 09:44 PM
FastLife91
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Caddyshack
Bullshit fixes never work, just do what it needs or scrap it
As said if it needs head gasket I would just have it replaced, but then it has potential other big problems that could bring the bill past another £1000 + and then if I do all the big jobs I may as well do all the small jobs which could add up another £300, however seeing as it has already had £2,000 + on repairs in under 2 years and the retail value in good condition is around £800 - £1,000, I'm wondering is it worth it ?
if thnis steral seal would work would be great

if it even is the ehad gasket, what car suffers apparent hg failure but 15 months later still drives without loss of power, no smoke at all (not even in cold weather), no oil/water mixing, just needs topping up once a month or so or fortnight
Old 02-03-2017, 09:45 PM
FastLife91
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by slammedorion
Well done for posting in the right section
well what are the other sections for ?

and thanks.................... this is probably the nicest thing you have ever said to me
Old 03-03-2017, 04:59 AM
slammedorion
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 236 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by FastLife91
well what are the other sections for ?

and thanks.................... this is probably the nicest thing you have ever said to me
If you listen to our advice straight away you'll probably find most people helpful
Old 12-03-2017, 03:39 PM
steveo3002

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it really runs fine and just needs the odd top up then carry on topping it up..these magic cures will just block up the heater matrix/rad and god knows what else

just had ours break down due to a overheat , looks like rad weld or something has blocked a small outlet in the head and its taken me all weekend to find it