Ford Focus Diesel This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus Diesel Range.

ford focus 2007 1.8 tdci HELP ME PLS

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 11:30 PM
ant2k14
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ford focus 2007 1.8 tdci HELP ME PLS

hi all ill start off by saying thanks for any reply as this is driving me mad

i have 1.8 tdci on an 08 plate with the euro 4 engine its the estate version

my symptoms are as follows

1200rpm judder
over 60mph steering wheel judders not shakes had tracking and balancing done i have just recently found out my disk are warped
i also can feel the engine threw the accelerator pedal when in low revs and the injectors rattle once over 2000rpm feeling goes
also when in traffic i can smell emissions coming in to the cab threw the window and vents not that strong
strong emissions smell out of exhaust

ok what i have done in the past 9 months of owning the car all done by warranty wise with a bit of a fight

i ave had a duel mass and clutch done small hose that runs from the turbo 4 injectors and a new high pressure pump swaf was found in my filter when they change the pump and injectors i also have a full server and my belts done.

now other than that iam getting 42-45mpg around town depending how i drive motorways -55-65mpg which is good i think.

anyway please if you can shed some light that would be great i have had 3 mechanics including a ford one look and they can not find the problems
Old 02-09-2014, 11:37 PM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

the smell you are getting and possibly the engine judder though not the steering sounds like the copper washers sealing the injectors to the cylinder head are leaking