Ford Focus Diesel This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus Diesel Range.

2009 1.6 tdci engine malfunction light

Old 05-04-2014, 07:12 PM
Flet3000
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 1.6 tdci engine malfunction light

Hi new guy to the forum but in need of a bit of help and hoping 1 of u guys could help
Right here goes..... Last month I brought a 2009 1.6 tdci with engine in bits due to turbo fault. I have since replaced engine and turbo with a low mileage but after fitting it I drove 40 miles and 'engine malfunction' light came on so put it into fords to be on the safe side and they said it needed a forced regeneration of dpf. We'll after getting the car back again after 40 miles the same light came on so I had a m8 read the code for me and yep same code as before, so I bit the bullet and fitted a new dpf myself but still after fitting that the light still comes on with the same code . The only way I can get the light to go off is to disconnect the wire going to the dpf pressure sensor clear the code and plug it back in then the car runs great until I turn ignition off and restart it then the limp mode returns .
So does any1 have any ideas I've tried replacing dpf pressure sensor with a second hand 1 but still got the same issue.
I'm now £3000 out of pocket with the mrs screwing and out of ideas

Thanks in advance
Flet3000