Ford Focus Diesel This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus Diesel Range.

Looking to buy a TDDi, need opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Cardie
Regular Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking to buy a TDDi, need opinions!

Ive been looking for a new car for a while to get rid of my crusty old Corsa B.

With my corsa only having 60bhp and a badly tapping lifter and no hope of passing an MOT (bent rear axle, hardly any spare wheel well left etc) im going to get rid of it.

So a very good mate has a MK1 Focus Zetec TDDi for sale in silver, and its an estate.

Ive done my reseach and it seems to be a very good, reliable economical car (for well under £1000). It has recently had a new engine (not sure why but I will find out). Had a good look around it today (the guy wasnt about so couldnt get in it) and the body work is immaculate for an X reg though it needed a good clean.

What I need to know is if there is any common problems that I should look out for?

I know there was a bad batch of small end bearings in the TDDi engines causing issues but thats not to say this is one of them, also I know about the usual bad clocks on focus'.

Also the trim levels, I did an online check and it came back as a 'Zetec' which, if im right, is the middle one, just under a ghia?

One tyre needs replacing, but apart from that I couldnt see anything else up with it! (apart from it had a tow bar).

And what are they like on fuel? My corsa atm (with its 1 injector) does about 85 miles on £20 and about 40 maybe on a tenner, which I think is about 31mpg on average, which is shocking!

Thanks!