Ford Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta Range of cars.

Please help. Pregnant and stressed

Old 28-06-2019, 11:24 PM
Dipsticknik
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help. Pregnant and stressed

Ok so went to close my drive up tonight and seen all these black specs on the floor, touched it and felt a bit greasy. Upon looking under my car I can see it's wet under the drivers side front. Iv not long had new timing belt and water pump changed. But noticed over the past month when turning hard left or right it clunks under the drivers side. I though it was my cv joint (just what my boss suggested) but now iv seen the leak I'm pretty concerned. Its a mk7 ford fiesta 1.4 petrol. Might I just add this is my baby but it's started costing so much. Could anyone help in telling me 1. Is it worth fixing? 2. Expected cost? And 3. What is leaking. Pictures added.
Old 29-06-2019, 12:20 AM
fantomcat_2k
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is not the best time to be asking if you are stressed. 1. No one can possibly say becuase they cannot see where the leak is coming from. 2. not possible to say. 3. not possible to say.

The pictures show nothing at all, only that you are leaking oil. The CV joint is easy to fix but it is not likley to break anytime soon if you drive it carefully. That can wait. The oil leak can be rectified by replacing any lost oil, but the pictures dont show where the leak is coming from.
If this occurred since the timeing belt was done, then take it back to the person who did the timing belt.

Other than that, you will need to find the source of the leak. and take a picture of that area so people can see the source of the issue.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:31 PM
focusv8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts

Bet someone's forgotten to put the crank timing hole bolt back in.
Or they did and forgot to tighten it.

Last edited by focusv8; 01-07-2019 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:58 PM
studabear
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 204 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by focusv8
Bet someone's forgotten to put the crank timing hole bolt back in.
Or they did and forgot to tighten it.

Or the cam cover gasket is now dribbling and running down the back of the engine.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:16 PM
Spendyrx
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by studabear
Or the cam cover gasket is now dribbling and running down the back of the engine.
I'd be looking in this direction first! Cam covers have been off.....I'd have probably bought a new one to save hassle!
Though the crank bolt is a good shout.....surely when you're doing timing belts often you wouldn't forget something like that! Imo that's a pretty serious mistake! Anyway.....don't you love someone posting and never replying again after helpful ladies and gentlemen like yourselves take the time to give a reply!