Ford Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta Range of cars.

mk6 fiesta zetec s (been bummed with no lube)

Search this Thread

Old 22-07-2017, 04:51 AM
rustynutz99
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry mk6 fiesta zetec s (been bummed with no lube)

hi everyone am new to the forum and am in need of loads of help

bought a cheap mk6 fiesta zetec s thats riddled with problems was hoping you guys could offer some advice on how to fix it'

1. rear passanger wheel is bent in at the bottom the axel looks straight and their is no cracks could this be the stub axle?

2 the front passanger side wheel is the opposite so its pushed in at the top of the arch towards the engine. had it on a ramp bushes are fine track road ends and wish bone all look good garage have said it could be the power steering rack is this true or are they trying to pull my pants down with a expensive fix?

3.engine has a ruff idle and idles high on start up then drops to 850 rpm have replaced coil pack and ht leads found a split vac hose from the pcv to manifold replaced that but still no joy.

4. theirs a sensor missing off one of the pipes deep down in the engine bay same side as the battery their is a port for it to plug into but no pug and two wires are stickingout of the harness that look like its been cut.

5. front seat tilt mechs wont work on both seats the cables are not broken the mech moves so till it hits the catch then wont dissengage, is this an easy fix?

any help or advice on any of these problems would be greatly appriciated

thanks guys
rustynutz99

Last edited by rustynutz99; 22-07-2017 at 05:46 AM.
Old 22-07-2017, 05:59 AM
rustynutz99
Virgin

disconnected is this normal?
Old 22-07-2017, 11:38 AM
H3lsing
ffoc.co.uk

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts

Looks like it's been written off and put back to a driveable (barely) condition. Did you check it out before buying it?
Old 22-07-2017, 02:08 PM
rustynutz99
Virgin

it was up for 950 the guy messaged me saying if i took it today i could have it for 400 so ran the the normal checks all came back clear, photos he sent me the car looked mint just been moted 2 weeks previous. silly mistake but i got a mate who was in the area to pick it up for me as i was on my way to work, got home the next morning and the car was missing parts dented and wheels where like this. tied contacting the guy the number was disconnected soooo am trying to polish a turd and fix it so its at least safe. any ideasd on any of the repairs
Old 22-07-2017, 02:39 PM
H3lsing
ffoc.co.uk

Even if you replaced all the suspension items, wishbones, anti roll bars, or whatever looks like it suffered an impact. There maybe structural damage that only a mechanic or qualified person would pick up on. Just something to consider before investing any more of your time and your hard earned cash.

What was your intentions for the car, commuting or for recreational activities? It might be easier to look for one with a bit of mot and not some clowns word of mouth that it's a sorted car.
Old 22-07-2017, 02:49 PM
rustynutz99
Virgin

just a daily drive mate ive sourced a rear axle for 40 quid and steering rack is leaking so am guessing thats whats causing the front wheel to be offset had it at a garage and they said they cant see any damage to suspension wish bone etc if i can fix it on the cheap aka
use breakers yards then il do it just want to run it for a year get my years no claims then probs scrap it
Old 22-07-2017, 02:54 PM
rustynutz99
Virgin

2005 plate 85000 miles and 12monts ticket for 400 quid thought i got a good deal lmao obviously not, can of worms spring to mind haha you any idea what the plug is in the 3rd pic?
Old 22-07-2017, 05:12 PM
H3lsing
ffoc.co.uk

Yea, well if the garage is satisfied then might be ok. They should really go for a road test themselves for a good overall checkup.

I'm not sure what the plug is, maybe for fuel or vacuum pipes? Have a look in your local library as they might have a haynes, would be useful if planning to sort some of the jobs yourself.

Last edited by H3lsing; 22-07-2017 at 05:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
rustynutz99 (22-07-2017)
Old 22-07-2017, 05:48 PM
bigdel
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 103 Likes on 83 Posts

We bought a 55 plate Corsa which when we first looked at it, was parked with the passenger side wheels up on the kerb. Drove it and it seemed fine so bought it.
I drove it home with my son and missus in the car behind and he noticed one of the wheels was cranked in at the bottom
Turned out to be a Cat C (guy didn't let me see the front page of the V5 and we didn't HPI it) that looks like it had been kerbed.
Anyway, cut a long story short, we got a rear beam from a breakers for Ł100 and fitted it in an afternoon and it's been right as rain since. Both boys have learnt to drive it in, it's been technically written off 3 more times (only once officially) and we've still got it 5 years later.
Don't think there's any moral to that tale, just to point out that you might not be able to polish the turd, but you might be able to give it a light buffing and still get a half decent motor out of it that might do you for a year or two
rustynutz99 (22-07-2017)
Old 22-07-2017, 05:57 PM
visa_broke
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 329 Likes on 308 Posts

seems strange its been mot'd so recently though.

Still for what you paid for it you should be able to get something back if you end up giving up. With the price of parts and your savings from the original price you should be able to have a good outcome.

With the front wheel issue is the suspension upright on these one piece or does it have the bolts at the bottom of the strut that can be undone slightly the strut pulled straight then done up to bring the wheel straight?
rustynutz99 (22-07-2017)
Old 22-07-2017, 10:17 PM
mark826
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Is that plug not for the power steering pressure switch? Looks like it's missing the wires? (I'm looking on my phone so can't really see) if it is that probably what's causing your idling issues.
Old 22-07-2017, 10:36 PM
rustynutz99
Virgin

its a port that a plug goes in too there are two wires that are cut off sticking out of the loom next too the port am just having trouble identifying what its for. but thanks everyone for your replys
Old 23-07-2017, 11:58 AM
rustynutz99
Virgin

hi does anyone know if an st front crossmember will fit my zetec s? found a cheap one fully set up shocks power steering rack discks and breaks