Ford Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta Range of cars.

Fiesta mk1 with 1.1 upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 29-04-2017, 10:00 PM
Elmars Romeiko
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesta mk1 with 1.1 upgrade

hi guys, just got my first Fiesta mk1 with 1.1 OHV engine.
want to use car for every day use and have some questions regarding how to make car more reliable for every day use.
have 2 things witch want to get in good shape
1) ignition/engine
2) brakes

Regarding brakes:
i have R13 wheels and want to leave them, so i want brake upgrade but so they fit under those wheels.
i need to put servo from early mondeo ( witch year) and brakes from newer fiesta?? witch model can any one tell??

ignition and engine
how reliable are those 1.1 OHV engines iam thinking what could be the best option to put engine from mk2 mk3 mk4 ( dont want big engine, want reliable easy to drive and economic engine some 1,4 or 1,6) or just to change ignition ( to put on electronic) to this engine different carbs and job done?

thank you guys for help
Old 10-06-2017, 06:14 AM
richardbell556
Virgin

my first car was a mk1 1.1gl best car i ever had . had 42k on when i got it had 128k ish I think when i sold it . all was left as standard ( point ect. if you check them and carry spares you will go for ever. easy to replace at roadside if you relay get stuck ) odds are you'll feel it start to miss well before it fails on you replace as set with condenser. rear trailing arm bushes seemed to be a sore point as they are crap . if you cam upgrade to polly nowadays i'd do it . rust to sills ,boot ,wings . bar that have another tomorrow..
Old 10-06-2017, 12:47 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 102 Likes on 100 Posts

Engine is very reliable, although the carb (Ford's VV) is not the best, you could fit a Weber. It's basically a revision of the Kent engine, revised to suit the Fiesta's drivetrain. Yours must be an early MK1, as they did not have servo assistance?

From circa 82 onwards electronic ignition was standard.

The same engine was fitted to the MK2 and even MK3 (although it was revised and called the HCS) which evolved in itself to become the Endura-E as fitted to the original KA.

The 1400 is the CVH engine.

The 2L Zetec is an easy engine conversion, but not what you are looking for.

Not sure on the brakes, as you say the wheels are the main limiting factor, they are also 'hubbed' drums.

Martin
Old 29-08-2017, 09:49 AM
Elmars Romeiko
Virgin

Can some one tell me how to remove ford foesta 1979 headrest. I striped down chair and cant take off headrest....