Ford Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta Range of cars.

Mk5 fiesta 1.7 puma conversion trouble need help with!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 07:56 PM
Pumafezz
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mk5 fiesta 1.7 puma conversion trouble need help with!!!!!

Hi, well basically I heard about this conversion so decided to go ahead with it as I already had a fiesta 1.25 with a blown engine parked up. So this is where I f****d up as I knew for a puma and just bought it before doing any sort of research on what is needed between the two cars. So I've removed the two engines. And decided to actually do some research and find out about the looms and clocks having to be the same and digital? Turns out the puma I bought has analogue clocks and the fiesta digital? I'm just wondering if there is any way of doing this conversation with the two cars I've got? Don't really want to go spending more on seperate looms, but also don't fancy stripping the whole loom out?
Any suggestions or advice on how I can work around this problem?
Old 02-02-2017, 02:16 PM
youngben
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Will be more hassle than its worth. Just get a digital loom and ecu for the Puma.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:59 PM
mark826
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

As far as I can remember it's irrelevant which dash the engine runs (maybe bar the speedo sensor in the box). What you have to do if you want to run analogue clocks is use the analogue loom or vise versa with the digital clocks and digital looms.

That is engine bay and dash loom.

However from your predicament I would suggest finding a digital engine bay loom from a puma and using that as it will connect straight up to the fiesta digital loom.

Last edited by mark826; 02-02-2017 at 07:00 PM.